• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

"Dollhouse" - season 2 - possible spoilers

Started by Rico, September 25, 2009, 05:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serenity

No more Dollhouse till Dec thanks to crumby ratings and the sweeps.

Rico

Quote from: Serenity on October 30, 2009, 09:37:30 AM
No more Dollhouse till Dec thanks to crumby ratings and the sweeps.

Yeah, we've been talking about that.  Too bad since they are bringing Summer Glau in now too.  Poor Summer, she is becoming like Nathan Fillion on doomed TV shows.

Feathers

How many have you actually seen?

I think we've got the fourth episode being broadcast this week.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Yeah, I think we have had about 4 episodes here too.

Feathers

Watched three last night so I'm just about caught up

[spoiler]Does anyone else think it might be a bit of a stretch to have Ballard switch off the life support stuff for the serial killer guy? Given that he's so recently out of the FBI, wouldn't he still have a few of his 'official' scruples?

Not sure about personalities jumping host either although the technobabble had enough in there that I'm willing to accept the explanation. I just hope they don't use it too often. I also hope to see some comeback from the client who was just stabbed in the neck.

...and Victor as a female student really shouldn't have been allowed! Scary!
[/spoiler]

Feathers

Quote from: Rico on November 02, 2009, 08:59:13 AM
Yeah, I think we have had about 4 episodes here too.

Nothing scheduled next week - we'll have to wait for you to get back on track before we see any more I suspect.

Geekyfanboy

Sorry all you Dollhouse fans.. but it just was cancelled.. trying to find out more info.

Geekyfanboy

Fox cancels 'Dollhouse'

By Nellie Andreeva

The network has canceled Joss Whedon's cult fave, which in May beat the odds with a second-season pickup despite low ratings.

The sci-fi series, which is filming episode 11, is expected to finish its 13-episode order, and Whedon is expected to give the show a proper ending.

"Yes. Canceled. Sad but true," tweeted Maurissa Tancharoen, a writer on "Dollhouse" who is married to Whedon's brother Jed Whedon, also a writer on the show.

After some dismal performance this fall, despite the ratings bumps "Dollhouse" got from DVR viewing, Fox benched the show for the November sweep after four episodes.

For now, Fox is expected to air the remaining episodes starting Dec. 4 as planned.

"Dollhouse" stars Eliza Dushku as a DNA-altered woman who gets implanted false memories for various missions and tasks.

Fox already has picked up breakout freshman dramedy "Glee" for a full season. Freshman comedy "Brothers" is still awaiting its fate but its chances don't look good, while sophomore drama "Lie to Me" is waiting for an episodic order after receiving an order for three additional scripts last month.

Rico

Not surprising at all.  But at least Joss has time to do an ending for the series.

X

This is the same network that killed Firefly and Tru Calling. I honestly didn't expect it to last as long as it has. I think it would have thrived on the CW and was weary when Fox offered to pick it up. My only hope is that there might be some folks from his old Angel and Buffy days there that can give it a home.

Feathers

I'm still surprised it ever reached a second season. It seems that most stuff has a limited run these days.

What's with the DNA-altered bit in the press release anyway?

Serenity

Gee does that ever SUCK!!!  I did enjoy the series.  I wonder what Joss will get up to next?  I've been hearing rumblings of a Dr Horrible 2 and I guess that Cabin in the Woods movie.

Feathers

Having just caught up, I thought the last one was quite good. A bit of Sierra backstory (although only in the sense of her manipulation by the Doctor guy) and a little insight into how else the house gets its 'volunteers'.

It still all seems very bitty and standalone this year, though. I don't get the sense of anything like the whole Ballard thread we had running through season one.

ElfManDan

As much as I am disappointed by Dollhouse being cancelled I know that Joss has stated that if Dollhouse was cancelled then he'd more focus on online media and doing a Dr. Horrible sequel. He said he would either be to busy with Dollhouse or it would be cancelled and he'd have plenty a time.
But sad and dreary news none the less.

Vartok

Sorry about Dollhouse - it's been one of my regulars, but Hooray for Glee!  Not many shows on the tube about music!

V