Red - Syfy Saturday Movie

Started by Geekyfanboy, March 08, 2010, 10:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

X

Quote from: Kingisaaclinksr on October 30, 2010, 06:57:17 PM
Is this going to be available online (legally) anywhere? 

King

Yeah, I'm never ever getting cable.  Accept it cable networks, I'm done with you.
You do know that the cable companies could probably care less right? I mean if you don't support the shows you like, they will just get canceled and then some other show will take it's place that someone paying for the service wants to see.

I have a bunch of cable channels that I never watch, but I attempt to watch or DVR the shows that I do like because, in the end, if you aren't supporting the show in a way that counts, you as the viewer, you are partly to blame when it fails.

Companies don't care if you watch or not for the most part because they will keep going back to the well until they find something that draws the ratings they are looking for. They don't lose in the end, but the viewers do.

Hell, I even DVR Doctor Who even though I see it by other means before it comes out.

KingIsaacLinksr

"I have a bunch of cable channels that I never watch, but I attempt to watch or DVR the shows that I do like because, in the end, if you aren't supporting the show in a way that counts, you as the viewer, you are partly to blame when it fails."

Why I haven't had the desire to watch Cable/Sattelite TV in years:

1. Its inconvenient, as it requires me to sit down at a specific time to see a show.  This is just how my schedule works out so its really not their fault, mostly...  
2. The large amount of ads advertised during commercial breaks.  A lot of the time when I go to my Grandmother's house, all it seems like I do is watch Mc. Donald commercials.  Hulu is doing this, imo, the right way.  Heck, in my opinion, Cable should be like Hulu and Hulu should be like Cable when it comes to advertising.  I mean, you are paying $$ to watch this "premium" TV, so why do you get as many ads if not more than those who don't pay for it?  
3.  100-1,000 (I think its a 1,000, isn't it?) channels of worthless programming.  On average I've noticed that most people I chat with only watch about 7-10 channels, if not less.  Is this the national average?  I have no idea.  But again, it makes no economical sense to me when I can again, watch Hulu for free and have a better viewing experience.  

If you base your shows success on ratings on a certain night alone, I'm sorry, but this is just how it shouldn't work anymore.  I don't have a better system I'll admit, but gone are the days when people will schedule time for TV, TV now has to be scheduled around other events.  Basing solely on the amount of people watching right then at 8:00 isn't going to work for much longer.  There are plenty of college students, plenty of hard working people who use Hulu (or piracy) to watch their favorite TV shows on different nights and times simply because life is inconvenient for various reasons I won't go into right now.  This is how it is.  

So yeah, I'm sorry that I'm unwilling to pay big bucks to support these TV series.  I apologize for the unknown amount of people who have jobs, who have social lives, who have College, who have higher priorities than TV that can't support their favorite TV shows because it is inconvient, expensive and draining.  Heck, when Caprica can't stay on the air because "it didn't get enough support", I think there is something wrong here.  Considering I know many people who were not happy with the show, but still watched in some hope that it would get better.  And some are fed up with TV shows, GOOD TV shows getting canceled because the ratings aren't just right.  

I support them the best way that I can, through Hulu and such forth.  If this rubs companies the wrong way, then so be it.  As far as I'm concerned, the Cable companies will be dead in the near future.  Since all they do is alienate customers (as seen on the latest Anomaly blog post) and continue to charge more, for more ads and less quality TV.  

Just know X, I am not pointing a finger at you, no matter what I'm saying or how my tone may sound, I am pointing a finger at companies who IMO, have lost their touch.  

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

KingIsaacLinksr

Anyway, we need to stay on target, how did everyone like the movie?

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

ElfManDan

So I watched about half of it. I thought if might be bad, I mean it is a SyFy movie, and I wasn't wrong, it was bad. I just gave up caring after about the 20th plot hole. I may finish it eventually. I liked the concept, but it's just so horribly executed.

X

I watched it, but I had some issues with it. Just a few. I was entertained, but I also didn't go in expecting much from Syfy.

moyer777

I just watched, as others have said, I didn't expect much other than Felicia being in it.  I thought she did great, as well as most of the actors.  The show had it's stupid parts, and yeah, it was a cheap budget ScyFy movie, but it worked.  We watched it all the way through.  Of course I'm a sucker for Felicia, she does magic with things she touches, and in this case it worked cause we actually watched till the end.  :)  LOL!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

I've been trying hard to find this rerun on SyFy or Hulu, but no luck there.  For those that missed this, check this link out for a little help.

http://www.x264-bb.com/720p-movie-scene-releases/44835-red-werewolf-hunter-2010-720p-hdtv-x264-aaf.html

Rico

Just wanted to say I finally got a chance to watch this last week.  I liked it quite a bit.  Definitely more serious and a cut above the usual SyFY movie stuff I've seen.  The actors did well and Felicia was great of course.  Could have maybe used a few script polishes and a couple scenes didn't seem to quite work but overall a fun little movie.

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com