• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Joss Whedon New Show - S.H.I.E.L.D.

Started by WillEagle, August 28, 2012, 08:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

Jamie and I watched it and thought it was ok, she didn't seem too bored. There were some fun moments of dialogue and some clunkers. Kind of feels like Hero's first season mixed with MIB. We'll keep watching, although we are also re-watching Firefly and I have to say Joss has never been able to replicate that lightning in a bottle, Agents of Shield is no Firefly by a long shot.

Dangelus

Quote from: Bryancd on September 26, 2013, 05:07:05 AM
Jamie and I watched it and thought it was ok, she didn't seem too bored. There were some fun moments of dialogue and some clunkers. Kind of feels like Hero's first season mixed with MIB. We'll keep watching, although we are also re-watching Firefly and I have to say Joss has never been able to replicate that lightning in a bottle, Agents of Shield is no Firefly by a long shot.

I must be the only person in existence that can take or leave Firefly. Never really found it that special. :)

Rico

We are one episode in and it seems like a fun series. I thought some people would enjoy a less dark, more light hearted superhero type show at this point. Oh, and Dan, Firefly is awesome!  The cast, the writing, the whole thing, it's exceptional.  But I also think it's a very American style of show which might be part of the reason it might go over better on this side of the pond.  :)

Jobydrone

I loved it, going to be one of my must watch shows this fall.  [spoiler]I'm glad to see they're prolonging the mystery of Coulson's "resurrection".  It seems clear to me he has powers, judging from the way he dodged that exploding car door in the pilot.  I am still holding out for him as the Vision.  He looks just like him from the comics, if he was green red and yellow.[/spoiler]
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Praxis

Quote from: Jobydrone on September 26, 2013, 11:16:57 AM
I loved it, going to be one of my must watch shows this fall.  [spoiler]I'm glad to see they're prolonging the mystery of Coulson's "resurrection".  It seems clear to me he has powers, judging from the way he dodged that exploding car door in the pilot.  I am still holding out for him as the Vision.  He looks just like him from the comics, if he was green red and yellow.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ooh yeah, I loved that "He can never know" mysteriousness. I took it to mean he wasn't human anymore or something like that. A new body or something?[/spoiler]

Praxis

Yeah, Firefly was awesome. I was skeptical at first but watched it years later and was blown away. I was also heartbroken when Dollhouse got the axe. :'(

X

Possible spoilers, but mostly speculation

[spoiler]I think Coulson is a LMD. Life Model Decoy. Basically androids that look and act like specific people to keep them out of harms way. There are a few that have become aware and their own people.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_Model_Decoy[/spoiler]

ChrisMC

Wow, that would be a great callback to the comics. I think Nick Fury made a practice of using those.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Dangelus

I think that theory is more likely than the former one.  I would like to see that character though,  he's a huge favourite of mine.

Rico

Some new pics online for the upcoming next couple of episodes.  Is it just me, or does Skye look like she is wearing a Wonder Woman bracelet here?  Yeah, wrong comic universe I know, but it sure looks like that.

http://www.superherohype.com/gallery/marvels-agents-of-shield/the-asset

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Praxis

Can't wait to watch ep 2! Not sure how I'll watch it...hopefully abc offers streaming online like the pilot.

Rico

Another good episode.  Make sure to watch to the very end!

Scott

Never thought I would see that in episode 2. Maybe towards the end of the season maybe... I hope we see more...
- Scott Hough

The Vintage Gamers

fatfather_2005

yep, it was a good episode. i did kinda think fury would show up , lol i mean the plane is a lot of money.
it is cool to see they are using refences(sp) to comics and the movies.
In the Absense of Light, the Darkness Prevails.