Joss Whedon New Show - S.H.I.E.L.D.

Started by WillEagle, August 28, 2012, 08:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

I didn't make it into the panel for this show but many of my friends did and they showed the pilot and they loved it. Said it's pretty amazing and very Joss-esqe. I can't wait for it.

Jobydrone

Well based on the trailer it looks less likely that Coulson is going to be reborn as the Vision but somehow actually survived his injuries from the Avengers movie.  I'm glad he's in this show but disappointed too since I thought he would have been awesome as the Vision.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Rico

Jobydrone

Can't wait for this one!  I heard the pilot is amazing!
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

ChrisMC

Yeah it was. Very Joss Whedon.  I want a Lola!
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

sheldor

It was a good first episode - a little too cute in places.  I know its 8pm so it can't take itself too seriously.  Quite a few sub-plots.

jedijeff

I enjoyed it quite a bit, it was fun show, a bit cheesy in spots, but that is ok, as I don't get the feeling it is going to be really heavy. I like the team they assembled as well. They look like they have some really nice sets, and good production values as well.

[spoiler]I felt that they rushed the ending a bit, as they did not get much into that mysterious organization that created that centipede tech. The scenes they were in, with the female scientist, and the fellow disguised as a police officer, they did not seem very organized to be a threat to SHIELD. They crammed a lot into the episode, I think they could have done a two hours and fleshed it out a bit more, but still really liked this.[/spoiler]

Rico

I think the idea is they were just setting some stuff up and will continue the storyline through the season. I personally loved the writing and fun factor in the show.

Praxis

It totally surpassed my expectations. I loved it!  :thumbsup

WillEagle

Very good show, even though the local news station broke in at the beginning, and I'll probably watch it again this weekend on Hulu. [spoiler]I really enjoyed all the things they used and talked about from the movies. And Lola was very cool. I also hope that Maria Hill shows up a lot. [/spoiler]

Ktrek

For a pilot episode this was very well done, and if the series continues on this level it will probably be one my favorite shows in years. I really enjoyed it. Very fun show!

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

ricdude

Very well done. I like it a lot. But there's no Robert Downey Jr., so I'll have a hard time selling the wife on it...

Lola is awesome. Everyone needs one. Can't wait to see where it goes from here...

Dangelus

Good first episode. I kind of agree it was a little too "funny"  in places but that's Joss' style I suppose. Coulson being a lead character is going to take some getting used to for me but overall a good show :-)