• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Joss Whedon New Show - S.H.I.E.L.D.

Started by WillEagle, August 28, 2012, 08:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leighgion

Quote from: Dangelus on September 26, 2013, 05:37:16 AM
I must be the only person in existence that can take or leave Firefly. Never really found it that special. :)

You're not alone, man.

I go even farther in that I'm basically allergic to Joss Whedon. The more control he has over a show or movie, the less I enjoy it and since he had basically complete creative control over his early successful work, I was nowhere near it.

Avengers was a turning point in that it was Whedon working as a hired gun on somebody else's characters and script, so it turned into a movie I liked. Even so, I could almost smell at times scenes that pushed almost too far for me.

The new SHIELD show seems like a further development along this line. Whedon is involved, but not in complete control, so it's thus far a show I'm enjoying. We'll see how it goes in the future.

Rico

Who watched the latest episode of S.H.I.E.L.D. last night? This is finally the episode that for me really clicked. It used the team well, had some solid character drama, and I even got a little misty in a few parts. Really enjoyed it! Promo for it below...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip2V6ICIkWw#ws

WillEagle

Ktrek

I think this week or next weeks episode has a tie in to the Thor: The Dark World film.
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

ElfManDan

Quote from: Ktrek on November 10, 2013, 12:51:10 PM
I think this week or next weeks episode has a tie in to the Thor: The Dark World film.

I hope it does. That's the one big thing I think this show is missing, it just doesn't feel like Marvel. They need more Marvel universe tie-ins and stories. Otherwise is just feels like another government agency investigating strange events. It's good, but I just haven't felt like I'm watching a show actually about Marvel Universe Shield yet.

Praxis

I agree, awesome episode. The jump rescue was cheesy and ridiculous but I didn't mind. That's some good tv watchin'. Good to finally get some personal stuff with Fitz/Simmons.

ChrisMC

Quote from: ElfManDan on November 11, 2013, 08:12:54 AM
Quote from: Ktrek on November 10, 2013, 12:51:10 PM

I hope it does. That's the one big thing I think this show is missing, it just doesn't feel like Marvel. They need more Marvel universe tie-ins and stories. Otherwise is just feels like another government agency investigating strange events. It's good, but I just haven't felt like I'm watching a show actually about Marvel Universe Shield yet.
Yeah, I don't care that it's not a superhero show, it just doesn't have that Marvel to it. The pilot did, but Joss wrote it, and you can tell that he's no longer involved. It's an OK watch, but I really want it to kick in! Arrow is still the best comic book show on TV.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Rico

The "non-Marvel" thing to me is only really in relation to the films and doesn't bug me.  It's still a fun little show and enjoyable to watch.  But yeah, "Arrow" has it going on!

Feathers

I'm enjoying this one so far but haven't yet worked out how far ahead of us you are. One episode? Two?

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Quote from: Feathers on November 15, 2013, 02:32:23 PM
I'm enjoying this one so far but haven't yet worked out how far ahead of us you are. One episode? Two?

Episode 7 just aired here a few days ago.  Good place to check:

http://tvcountdown.com/s/agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d

Feathers

Great, thanks. We get Ep 7 tonight so we're just about on track.

I'm enjoying this one so far. Nothing to deep and heavy but a fun show. I like a bit of escapism.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Praxis

Dangelus

Still watching but not jumping up and down waiting in anticipation every week.

WillEagle

Need to catch Tuesday's episode which is the Thor: The Dark World tie in. I have been enjoying these and I would like to see more Marvel tie in things. I really like it when they bring up things based on the movies and characters.

WillEagle

Enjoyed this weeks episode and one of my favorite parts was when the plane they use turned in midair, after it stopped!!! Very cool.