• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

"Dollhouse" - season 2 - possible spoilers

Started by Rico, September 25, 2009, 05:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

New season starts tonight for this cool show that FOX somehow didn't cancel.  Preview and some pics below.  Looking good!

Dollhouse: 1st official FOX Trailer For Season Two

Rico

Anyone watch last night's episode yet?  Very cool start.  Lots of new stuff going on - plus we got to see two BSG guys together again.  So glad we are getting more of Amy Acker's character.  Lots to discuss once more of you chime in on this.

Rico

Feathers

It's not even on the horizon over here yet (as far as I know).

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

X

got it on the dvr, but trying to catch up with all the other premieres this week

Rico

Didn't care for the second episode of the season as much as the first.  Some of the characters just seem a bit off this year - like Topher.  He seems even a bit more too much on an ego trip - which seems odd since things keep going wrong with his "actives."  Still an ok show and I'll continue to watch but I think the writing needs to step up a bit on some of these.

Feathers

I'll still catch it whenever it airs. We've now reached the point where it's 'Coming Soon' on Sci-Fi.

How did I survive for all those years without Sky!

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

billybob476

Same ghere Rico, I liked the first episode, second was a bit less interesting. Can't say really have an issue with Topher, I really like the back and forth between him and the doc, that was some pretty powerful stuff.

The whole Echo/maternal instinct thing was ok, but it didn't really sit well with me. The idea was nice but I guess the execution was a bit 'meh'.

Rico

Topher just seems a bit more "out-there" this season to me.  I like him still, but he seems changed somehow.

Serenity

Ep 3  Oh boy, they should call this season Battlestar Dollhouse!  Sol Ty is on this one.

billybob476

Liked this one a lot better then last week's. Very cool episode.

Rico

That last episode was pretty wild and I enjoyed it.  But one thing is starting to bug me a little about the series.  Every week it seems things go really wrong on the missions.  Echo is out of control and they just keep sending her out there.  Maybe they don't realize it, but it seems like they should.  I guess it just doesn't add up for me.  I'm enjoying the show and love Eliza as all the various characters (especially this last episode).  And Victor was great in this past episode too.  But the "Dollhouse" just seems to be really not working well right now.  Anyway - just my thoughts.

Serenity

Ya, I know what you mean.  It's hard though because I really do like the show and want to to do well but it's not looking good.  I listen to a dollhouse podcast and they said that the ratings for the first couple episodes have been really low, like 2 million viewers.  Apparently this Fridays show is supposed to be a good one, maybe it'll be like last season.  It didn't get good until ep 4.  I also heard that we are going to get another episode set in the "Epitaph" future timeline??

Maybe when Summer G shows up she will kick things into high gear!!!

Rico

They just seem a little direction-less right now.  I know Joss tends to drop in little things and hints and then it all comes together later on.  Like where did Dr. Saunders go off to?  I do hope the season starts to come together a bit more.  If the ratings are not that good it might not even last for a full second season.  Hopefully Summer will generate some new interest.

billybob476

It's hot in here, it must be Summer.