• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

The Dark Knight - slight spoilers

Started by batmite, August 01, 2006, 09:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

batmite

Picard_delta_5

well, i REALLY look forward to the next batman movie... not sure about Dark Knight though...
Star Trek Will Rise Again

Darth Gaos

I posted this at the Extralife forum and I will here too.

Somebody already photoshopped a pic of Ledger and made him the Joker.  I must say if the makeup is as good....He will make a gooooood, creeepy Joker

I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Riskygodfather

Wait, the first Batman movie was about the joker, how is this gonna work?! I'm so confused.
"Do a barrel roll" - Peppy, StarFox 64
"Coincidence... I think NOT!" - Bear, Polkadot Shorts
"If at first you don't succeed... you fail" -Portal preview

Admiral Anthony Out

Geekyfanboy

check out this website... it's a promo site for the new movie.. if you wait a few seconds the picture changes and it shows you a picture of Heath Ledger in his Joker make up... it's very creepy.

http://www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com/

Darth Gaos

Wicked......definitely looks like they are going for the "lunatic" aspect of the JOker....which is a VERY GOOD thing.  I always enjoyed the comics in which the Joker was portrayed as a  complete and utter homicidal psychopath.

jedijeff

He does look very creepy, and not in a comic book way either.

moyer777

oooooo creeeepy!

Looks like he put his lipstick on during and earthquake.

:phone

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

Hmmmm the page is down . . maybe to many people accessing it.

I did manage to find a picture of it.. so here he is.

Geekyfanboy

Here is the explanation for the website.. it's all part of the plan.

The Joker Will See You in December!

The new image of Heath Ledger as The Joker in The Dark Knight has now been removed from IBelieveinHarveyDentToo.com. It's been replaced with red text that gives the error, "Page not found." If you highlight the entire page, however, you'll see a ton of Ha Ha Ha's with some letters here and there that don't belong. String those letters together and what do you get? - "See you in December."

We assume you'll get a first look at The Joker in a trailer for the sequel at that time. Warner Bros. has both Nicole Kidman's The Golden Compass and Will Smith's I Am Legend opening in December, to which the teaser could be attached to.

So who is behind all this? It looks to be 42 Entertainment, the company which previously created the "I Love Bees" promotion for "Halo 2" and "Year Zero" for the Nine Inch Nails album "Year Zero." The company just registered SeeYouinDecember.com yesterday, so stay tuned.

Geekyfanboy

In the next Batman film “The Dark Knight,” the capped crusader will get to tool around on some sporty new wheels thanks to his Batcycle dubbed the “Batpod!” Kudos to the LA Times, here’s your first-look at Batman’s mini-chopper.

Rico

The new Batsuit.  I like it....

Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Quote from: Riskygodfather on August 10, 2006, 07:52:24 PM
Wait, the first Batman movie was about the joker, how is this gonna work?! I'm so confused.
There are currently two Batman movie continuities.

BATMAN CONTINUITY #1
1989: Batman
1992: Batman Returns
1995: Batman Forever
1997: Batman & Robin

BATMAN CONTINUITY #2
2005: Batman Begins
2008: The Dark Knight

Batman Begins is the start of a separate Batman film series, so The Dark Knight's Joker story is not connected to the 1989 Batman movie.

Geekyfanboy

You can see a Hi Res version of the above picture of Batman's new suit without all the text... it looks awesome.

http://www.comingsoon.net/images/batmannewsuit.jpg

Darth Gaos

I will reserve final judgement until after I see the movie but a first impression for me....I don't  like the suit.  It seems a bit too industrial-ish or a bit too......I dunno......HALO-ish....does that make any sense.  It looks like something out of a futuristic first-person shooter.

All that said, I do like the fact that he will be able to turn his head....finally....only took them 23 years. ;D

We'll see I guess.