• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

The Dark Knight - slight spoilers

Started by batmite, August 01, 2006, 09:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

space_invader64

In case you guys haven't heard, Heath Ledger has died.

Does anyone know if his part the film was finished?

Geekyfanboy

We have an entire thread on this topic.. check it out.

Rico

Quote from: space_invader64 on January 22, 2008, 07:03:33 PM
In case you guys haven't heard, Heath Ledger has died.

Does anyone know if his part the film was finished?

They filmed this movie quite some time ago.  Mainly last summer.

Geekyfanboy

Here are some new photos...

Geekyfanboy

Some new photos

Geekyfanboy

here are some more pictures of the upcoming movie.

Darth Gaos

Batman Begins was awesome and this movie looks awesome but I still have the same complaint with the movies that I have had since 1984....Batman still looks too....mechanical, I guess would the word.  Now I realize that this time around there is the explanation as far as the suit development and Lucius Fox etc but to me.....still to mechanical....Batman wears a cowl, not a helmet.  Anyway just the Batman nerdy fanboy in me comin out.  I cannot wait to see this movie ....pretty soon now.
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Geekyfanboy

New "Dark Knight" Official Synopsis
By Garth FranklinSunday, April 6th 2008 12:50am

Warner Bros has released a new official plot synopsis for "The Dark Knight", here it is below:

The Dark Knight reunites director Christopher Nolan with star Christian Bale, who returns to continue Batman's war on crime.

With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman) and District Attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart), Batman sets out to destroy organized crime in Gotham for good.

The triumvirate proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a rising criminal mastermind known as the Joker (Heath Ledger), who thrusts Gotham into anarchy and forces the Dark Knight ever closer to crossing the fine line between hero and vigilante.

iceman

Geekyfanboy

Test audiences don't like one Dark Knight scene

Preview screenings of the much-anticipated Batman Begins sequel The Dark Knight are underway according to sources ContactMedia.com. The film is winning rave reviews from test audiences except for one scene.

In the movie, Heath Ledger's character of the Joker is seen alive in a body bag as part of a nefarious plot. Audiences have reacted negatively to the scene given Ledger's death earlier this year.

The response has been so overwhelming that Warner Brothers is considering cutting the scene from the final film when it debuts in July.

Few details on how the scene impacts the narrative of the film are available.

Other than the one scene, it's reported that test audiences are responding well to the film and in particular to Ledger's much-anticipated performance as the Joker.

The Dark Knight opens later this year in theaters and on IMAX screens.

Geekyfanboy

Rumors, Rumors and more Rumors...

Ledger's Knight Scene Intact?

Moviehole.net reported a rumor that Warner Brothers won't be cutting a scene from its upcoming Batman sequel The Dark Knight featuring the late Heath Ledger as the Joker.

Earlier, Cinema Blend reported its own rumor that viewers in test screenings reacted negatively to the scene, in which Ledger's Joker character pretends to be dead and is pictured in a body bag. Executives reportedly considered excising the scene altogether.

But Moviehole reported that the scene is intact. Citing an anonymous source, the site said that nothing of Ledger's performance will be cut from the movie, including the body-bag scene.

Ledger died Jan. 22 in New York from an accidental overdose of painkillers, anti-anxiety pills and sleeping pills.

The Dark Knight, which features one of Ledger's final film performances, opens on July 18.

Darth Gaos

Good, I am glad to hear that.  I can't see cutting a scene from a movie because it made some people feel a bit "uncomfortable".  I don't like the new "captivity/torture" genre of movies but I wouldn't want people to miss out on them because I don't like them.

Meds

I'm glad they havn't messed with it. Keep a film as it is meant to be.

Geekyfanboy

Meanwhile, The Dark Knight is reported to have an initial running time of close to three hours.  However, it's unlikely the film will be cut down much despite Warner Brothers desire for a running time of closer to 150 minutes.

The Dark Knight's longer running time isn't expected to create much of an issue.  Batman Begins ran 140 minutes.   And initial reports from screenings indicate that director Christopher Nolan has created a cut that justifies the longer running time.

Darth Gaos

Nice!!!  Lots of Batman-y goodness.  I have NEVER minded a really long movie as longs as the the story is good enough to warrant it.