• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Trek Vegas Convention

Started by Blackride, February 05, 2010, 07:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickPeete

They pretty much said that the Experience was a dead issue.  If something similar ever gets built, there are no current plans, it will be totally different and updated.  In fact, the Hilton is losing the TrekCon to the Rio next year. 

Bryancd

The Rio is nice and a bit off the strip.

Rico

Couple more pics from Richard...

Geekyfanboy

Here is a picture of my friend America Young (Borg Queen) and Chase Masterson (Leeta from DS9). My buddy Greg Aronowitz did the Borg Queen Make Up.. they were going for a sexy Borg Queen.

RickPeete

Kenny:

Are you here? We need to meet up! I will be in the main theater most of the day. Row F, Seat 16-17.

Big day today:
- Jeri Ryan
- Chase Masterson
- cast of Voyager
- SHATNER/NIMOY
- Jonathan Frakes

And of course, getting my banner signed by Spock himself.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: RickPeete on August 07, 2010, 09:28:51 AM
Kenny:

Are you here? We need to meet up! I will be in the main theater most of the day. Row F, Seat 16-17.

Big day today:
- Jeri Ryan
- Chase Masterson
- cast of Voyager
- SHATNER/NIMOY
- Jonathan Frakes

And of course, getting my banner signed by Spock himself.

Nope.. not there.. living vicariously though your reports.

RickPeete

Day 2 report coming later today. Got in late last night...

Rico

Some more of Rick's pics...

RickPeete

Well I am behind in my daily summaries but I hope my live tweeting is helpng to fill in the gaps.  I will post a reflection covering the last three days probably as I fly home on Monday night.

I just uploaded a bunch of new photos including some of the Shat, Nimoy, Jeri, Spiner, and Frakes.  The auditorium is very dark so I will have to PhotoShop many of my photos before uploading more.  Hopefully Rico will post them for me.  I will try to get some of Patrick and Dorn this afternoon.

I have been in the auction room today hoping to get a few things.  But people here have deep pockets and items are going for thousands of dollars.  So we will see...

Hopefully, I can hang with Mina sometime today.  She is really busy here!  She was there when Nimory signed my banner so that was kinda cool too.

Rico

Thanks for the reports and pics Richard.  I'm working on getting them up.

P.S.  Love to see a picture of all the TSF gang (you, Blackride, Mina, etc.) together there - if that's still possible.

Rico

Here are some more of Rick's pics....

Rico

And more...

RickPeete

Mina was so very busy, we just did not have a chance to spend much time together.  We talked a while today after Michael Dorn's talk but then she had to continue working the autograph tables.

She mentioned perhaps we could do some kind of Skype call where we all could share our stories.

I never saw or heard from Blackride. I really wanted to meet him as well.  I would lovento hear his reflections on the Con.

Blackride

Quote from: RickPeete on August 08, 2010, 08:14:03 PM
Mina was so very busy, we just did not have a chance to spend much time together.  We talked a while today after Michael Dorn's talk but then she had to continue working the autograph tables.

She mentioned perhaps we could do some kind of Skype call where we all could share our stories.

I never saw or heard from Blackride. I really wanted to meet him as well.  I would lovento hear his reflections on the Con.

Sorry that was my fault. I didn't notcie the personal message you sent me with your contact info. Arggggg......

I will post some pics also.

We just got back home on the red-eye so I am kinda beat!
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

RickPeete

We just got home today as well. Got home around 7:30am and slept until 3pm.