• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Trek Vegas Convention

Started by Blackride, February 05, 2010, 07:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M-5

I'm still debating whether I'll make this year or not.  I was there four years ago for the 40th Anniversary.  Las Vegas is a great place to have a Star Trek convention.

Blackride

Patrick Stewart was just confirmed.

There is $300 for a photo op and auto.....will be awesome to have.
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

RickPeete

Are you going to pay for it? I'd love to get one. Maybe I can fit it into the budget...

Geekyfanboy

$300 bucks.. that's the most I've ever seen any celebrity charge for a picture and autograph. Would have to pass on that.. would never pay that much.. and I totally love they guy, still not worth it.

Bryancd

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on June 16, 2010, 09:07:56 AM
$300 bucks.. that's the most I've ever seen any celebrity charge for a picture and autograph. Would have to pass on that.. would never pay that much.. and I totally love they guy, still not worth it.

Didn't Carrie Fisher charge some crazy amount at Celebration IV? It's all sort of relative to me as I don't place any value on an autograph or meeting a celebrity.

Rico

There's a whole little business that has started with these "official photop's" with stars at cons.  Not sure what Carrie has charged but it wasn't cheap I don't think.  Not sure what I would pay, but it isn't $300 - even to meet the Shat!  Ahh, I miss the old days of cons when things like this come up.

Bryancd

Ahh, it was a simpler time, Rico! I remember meeting DeForrest in the lobby of some flea bag hotal in central CT in 1981. :)

Rico

De was great.  I have an autographed pic from him - no charge!

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on June 16, 2010, 10:29:42 AM
De was great.  I have an autographed pic from him - no charge!

Me too!

Blackride

Yes, I am paying for it. I've dropped about 1k on autograhs and photo ops so far and another 3k on Gold tickets. That's not including travel. I will post some pics when I am there.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Geekyfanboy

Eugen Roddenberry.. Gene's son is putting on a huge party during the con. My buddy Greg Aronowitz (sfx guru) is doing all the SFX for it and he told me all about it yesterday. If you are going you must go to this.. what they have planned sounds AWESOME.. I'm considering driving up just for the party.. it's going to be unbelievable.

Geekyfanboy

Blackride

Yeah, We are going to be there.

Blackride

Just got our Jeri Ryan tickets in the mail. Getting closer to the convention!

Blackride

I got the rest of our tickets in the mail! Our official seats are in row K. We leave next Wednesday. We are getting excited!

They are saying this is going to be the largest Trek convention on record!