HBO's Game of Thrones

Started by Bromptonboy, August 18, 2009, 06:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromptonboy

Pete

X

Quote from: Rico on March 10, 2011, 04:30:32 PM
That's kind of a weird throne.
If I'm remembering correctly, it's made of the swords of the lords that surrendered to the first king

Chris

In re to the earlier question, "Dance..." is due out July 12th.

I believe the image of Ned on the Iron Throne (the official poster above) will be featured as the new aGoT paperback cover art. An amazing image imo.

X

Chris

Just posted: nearly 4 minute preview feature focusing on House Stark - incl each of the Stark children. Commentary by actors and George !!!

There's a new trailor tonight too - with new footage - haven't seen it yet ... look up @westerosorg and @wicnet on twitter for all the latest.

Chris

and perhaps you'd find the link to the above helpful as well (sheepish grin)

Game Of Thrones House of "Stark" Feature (HBO)

Chris

A very odd but hilarious news? clip from Taiwan about HBO's Game of Thrones (and George in general) ...

George R.R. Martin: Fantasy blueballer

Chris

HBO just aired the much anticipated (first) 15 minutes of Game of Thrones which officially begins in 2 weeks.

They have also just posted it online:

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/News/Entry/4988/

Feathers

I've seen a trailer for this over here but I can't remember what channel it was on.

A quick check shows that we get the 15 min preview on Sky 1 on 14th April so I'm guessing that's where it will live.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Dangelus

Bromptonboy

I actually picked up HBO for this series...

((and the wife and I can watch Boardwalk Empire - on demand))
Pete

Feathers

Quote from: Dangelus on April 04, 2011, 06:22:14 AM
Sky Atlantic Mike.

Fair enough. That's the new one that Virgin One got pulled for isn't it? I've never had call to check whether I actually get it!

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Dangelus

Quote from: Feathers on April 04, 2011, 07:40:56 AM
Quote from: Dangelus on April 04, 2011, 06:22:14 AM
Sky Atlantic Mike.

Fair enough. That's the new one that Virgin One got pulled for isn't it? I've never had call to check whether I actually get it!

Yes after Sky did the deal with Virgin to allow them the premium HD channels and Sky One HD in exchange for buying the Living channels and Virgin One they rebranded Virgin One and made it their new Premium TV channel (and a Sky Exclusive!). I expect a lot of the new US shows will go to Atlantic instead of Sky One now.

Duffster

Well I bit the bullet and ordered HBO, just so I can watch this. I have been a fan of this series since the first book hit the market. So much depth to it. It does get dark at times, and Martin does such a good job at conveying the feelings of despair to the reader, I can see why it can be overwhelming to some.

I have always been a huge fan of intricate plots, and especially royal intrigue and politics. I am really, really excited about this. I have high hopes for it since Martin is involved also.
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com