Started by billybob476, July 23, 2009, 06:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

Quote from: markinro on July 24, 2009, 07:06:27 AM
Quote from: billybob476 on July 24, 2009, 05:34:35 AM
Maybe more like this:

Monty Python - The silly walk

:D

There ya go - and look how skinny he is !!

Actually I imagine walking like that everywhere would give you a half decent workout.

billybob476

Did my second run yesterday (it was pouring rain all weekend). Went well, it was a tad warm so I was a might sweaty by the end :)

I found a nice trail that follows a creek at the end of my street (still learning the area we moved into in April) and then hits the Lakeshore. Surprisingly, it ends up pretty much being the perfect distance for this part of the program.

Run #3 tomorrow!

Bryancd

How far do they have you going, Joe? Trails are a great place to start, assuming the ground is even it's very easy on the legs as opposed to asphalt.

billybob476

It's not really a distance per say at this point. They concentrate on the interval times. walking / jogging for 30 mins I don't imagine it's more then a mile or so.

Bryancd

30min walk jog you are likely going almost 2 miles.

billybob476

Could be! All I know is I was suitably tired at the end! Enjoying myself though.

sheldor

:D Marshal Girard can verify...

"Our fugitive has been on the run for ninety minutes. Average foot speed over uneven ground barring injuries is 4 miles an hour and that gives us a radius of six miles. What I want out of each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area. Checkpoints go up at fifteen miles. Your fugitive's name is Doctor Richard Kimble. Go get him."

billybob476

It wasn't me! It was the one armed man!

cosmonaut

Quote from: billybob476 on July 28, 2009, 08:15:05 AM
It wasn't me! It was the one armed man!
:D

Well, you could determine distance with a map and a ruler or google earth, but I don't think that's important right now.

It's good you have found a nice trail, sounds pleasant, and it will be too short for you soon enough! :)

billybob476

Actually looking at google maps it was pretty easy to map out my route. Starting and ending at the green dot.

EDIT: Google Earth says it's about 2.5 miles. Granted, my cooldown began as I turned off of Brown's Line so the last bit on the side streets I walked.

Bryancd

I told you, your rockin'!

billybob476

Just got back from run #3. Next run I switch from running 60 seconds walking 90 seconds to running 90 seconds walking 2 mins for 30 mins.

Bryan, any advice on breathing? What I tend to do when I'm jogging/running is breathe in through the nose for about 4 paces the out through the mouth for another 4 paces. I try to keep it as steady as I can.

Bryancd

Breath naturally, however feels the most comfortable. Don't force any rhythm or technique. You do not want to deprive your muscles of oxygen, just keep going at a pace where if I was beside you, we could have a conversation. If you feel like you are laboring in your breathing, slow down.

billybob476

Not that weight loss is a major goal for me in this, but I seem to be down a pound or two. Not a bad side effect!

Bryancd

Quote from: billybob476 on July 30, 2009, 10:06:26 AM
Not that weight loss is a major goal for me in this, but I seem to be down a pound or two. Not a bad side effect!

Oh, you will, especially as long as you keep your intensity on the low side, that's all aerobic work and turns your body into an efficient fat burning machine