• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Joss Whedon New Show - S.H.I.E.L.D.

Started by WillEagle, August 28, 2012, 08:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X

Just saw the first commercial during one upon a time

Dangelus

Quote from: ricdude on May 12, 2013, 08:03:15 PM
You never actually saw Coulson's dead body in the movie, did you? Entirely possible that Fury asked a favour of him (and his Captain America trading card collection)?  They needed the push, after all...

Looks more and more interesting as we see it fleshed out.

So he didn't die? Come on....

X

Quote from: Dangelus on May 13, 2013, 10:37:19 AM
Quote from: ricdude on May 12, 2013, 08:03:15 PM
You never actually saw Coulson's dead body in the movie, did you? Entirely possible that Fury asked a favour of him (and his Captain America trading card collection)?  They needed the push, after all...

Looks more and more interesting as we see it fleshed out.

So he didn't die? Come on....
It's based off of comic book physics in a world where men can put on tons of weight and height and take it off instantly. It's a world where scrawny kids can be made into perfect humans. It's a world where Gods walk the lands. I don't see how getting stabbed once in one of the most advanced bases in the world means that you're going to die. I can also see how having him "dead" would motivate the team.

Rico

As I said previously, no one ever really "dies" in the world of comics.

Ktrek

One conceivable way that Coulson could be in the show is that there could be many clones of Coulson and we only saw one version of Coulson die.

Oh and the trail makes this actually look fun!
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

ChrisMC

I don't care how he's back, HE'S BACK! We will get the explanation and all move on to possibly the geekiest TV show ever.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Dangelus

I know all this, huge comic book guy myself. I just think it lessens his for in the role in the Avengers movie a little. In that movie he died and it his death was a major factor in the team working together. I like the character and I'm sure he will be a great fit for this show but I feel the main reason they've added him here is so people associate this show with the Avengers franchise.

X

Quote from: Dangelus on May 13, 2013, 09:19:18 PM
I know all this, huge comic book guy myself. I just think it lessens his for in the role in the Avengers movie a little. In that movie he died and it his death was a major factor in the team working together. I like the character and I'm sure he will be a great fit for this show but I feel the main reason they've added him here is so people associate this show with the Avengers franchise.
I get what you're saying, but in the very same scene where we're told he died, we're also told that Nick Fury has no problems lying about things to motivate the team. For me, it doesn't cheapen the role at at, it enforces how far Nick is willing to go for the Avengers Initiative to work.

Dangelus

Good point.  Hopefully they will make a good job on the details of his resurrection.

Geekyfanboy

Here's the full trailer for the upcoming series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Official Trailer

jedijeff

Count me in as excited for this. Was looking for a show to get really excited about since Fringe ended, this looks to be the one for me.

WillEagle

I hope Disney keeps this around for a while. Looks like its going to be really good.

Rico

WillEagle

:kewlpics

This is going to be a good show!