• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

"Dexter" - season five - spoilers

Started by Rico, July 24, 2010, 08:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jobydrone

Hopping into bed right now and firing it up as soon as I hit the sheets.  I'll let you know tomorrow morning :)  Can't believe noone else is into this great show.  I guess Showtime just doesn't make the cut for most folks where the entertainment dollar is concerned.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

I actually know a few people at work that love it too. 

Jobydrone

Great episode!  One of the things I love most about this show is the masterful way the directors up the levels of suspense until you can barely take it!  Some of the previous season's episodes the suspense got almost too much to bear, and it's not from fear, horror, or gore but from a genuine level of concern for the characters.  Brilliant, and last episode was no exception.  The chase scene through the Florida swamp was really well done.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Yep, I agree Joby.  I like the start to this relationship between Dex and Lumen quite a bit.  They are both kind of "damaged goods."  In a way, just like Rita was too for Dexter.  I really hope this relationship grows into something.  I'd really like Dexter to finally have someone he can confide in and talk to.  In every previous case when this has happened it's gone bad in the end.  I'd hate to see that happen again to Dex.

Jobydrone

Seasons one and two of Dexter are available for streaming on Netflix for anyone that might want to start watching this masterful program.  I guarantee once you start to watch you'll be hooked and will actively seek out the rest of the episodes.

Jobydrone

Another great episode.  The season is ramping up, as this show tends to do as it gets closer to the end.  They're definitely are sparks flying between Lumen and Dex, you saw it coming Rico.  I wanted to mention how good a job Peter Weller is doing.  Robocop is such a slime ball!  If you watched the preview for next week it seems like his story is heating up too.

Rico

I'm liking this season quite a bit.  I like the developing relationship between Dex and Lumen.  Seems maybe he finally has someone he can really share his whole life with - maybe.  I don't watch the previews since I think it spoils what's coming too much for me at least.  Anyway, the accident with the truck full of canned bodies was unexpected.  It will be interesting to see how Dex eventually deals with taking down such a public figure like the motivational dude.

QuadShot

Oh heck yeah! This has been a pretty good season so far, and the the relationship with Lumen is developing into something interesting. I think that maybe...just maybe...Dex found his true soul mate. His kindred soul...who KNOWs him and KNOWs WHO he is and can accept him for that...
Rico, it will be interesting how he takes down Anthony Robbins...er, I mean, the motivational dude! :)

Rico

YEAH!  Another Dex watcher to join Joby and me!

QuadShot

Yep. In fact, I've gotten Joyce hooked on it too!!

Rico

Quote from: QuadShot on November 11, 2010, 02:06:03 PM
Yep. In fact, I've gotten Joyce hooked on it too!!

Still find it interesting that Michael C. Hall and Debra Carpenter are married in real life, but play brother and sister on the series.

QuadShot

I KNOW! It's very odd. In fact, I get kind of creeped out thinking about it. :) So, considering Debra's unfiltered use of the F word (among others), what do you think she's like when he asks her to talk dirty? :)

Rico

Really loved the episode a couple days ago.  This season is really pacing itself well.  Getting very good and very interesting.  Liking Lumen more and more.

Rico

Another great episode this week.  Loved it.  Especially....

[spoiler]When Dexter took that creep guy in the back alley and beat the heck out of him who had been abusing Astor's friend.  As Dex walked the guy back there and started in on him all I could say was, "Dude, you have no idea who you are messing with here."  Again, Dexter is showing that he cares more and more.  I'm also liking Lumen more and more too.  But that's scaring me because I know how things go for Dexter and people close to him.[/spoiler]

Jobydrone

I agree!  What a great scene.  My wife has started watching Dex with me now, even though she hasn't seen any of the previous seasons, and has gotten hooked.  [spoiler]She remarked during that scene that she wished every child abuser could have a run in like that one.

I also enjoyed that Dexter's scenes with his adopted dad during this episode totally addressed my concerns we talked about at the beginning of this season, Rico, about Dexter's actions putting the people he loves in danger.  I think the writers have more than alleviated my initial problems:  Dexter and Lumen's relationship provides him the opportunity for the personal redemption I felt he needed and was lacking at the beginning of this season. [/spoiler]