"Dollhouse" - season 2 - possible spoilers

Started by Rico, September 25, 2009, 05:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feathers

I meant to say in my last post that I liked the fact that even Topher finds he has limits sometimes.

Assuming this season goes as last, we have the best yet to come (even though, as I said before, there's no sign of it yet) but to know that it them just dies...I think I can maintain focus long enough to watch the rest of the season but it's not guaranteed now :(

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Serenity

I wonder if we are going to get another episode with Felicia Day, Epitaph 1 style.  I think we were supposed to see another in second season?  Maybe Kenny could shed some light on that one??

Feathers

Bah! You may be getting it back with double episodes in December but I've just seen that SciFi over here aren't bringing it back until January. Not fair!

Serenity

They have been really advertising Dollhouse's final episodes on Fox with their commercials. 
I'm surprised that they would even bother after its been canned!!!

Can't wait to see Summer G tonight!!!

Serenity

Wow!!!   Those were 2 great episodes!!! 

[spoiler]Gotta love the whole "disrupter" you know TOS thing.  Topher is a wicked character. 

I really gotta hand it to the actor that plays Victor.  Him imprinted with Topher was priceless.  All his mannerism's were bang on.

Summer was perfectly evil and messed up.  [/spoiler]
It's such a bummer that more people didn't watch Dollhouse, it kinda weird watching a cancelled show that still on TV.

Rico

Loved this recent 2 hours of "Dollhouse" a lot.  Great stuff and great new characters.

[spoiler]Summer Glau was perfectly creepy and evil and Victor as Topher was awesome!  Glad it looks like Joss is pulling out the stops and going out with a bang.[/spoiler]

2 more hours next week too!

Rico

WOW!  This next 2 hours has been great too.  They are really doing some cool stuff on the show.  For those who have been watching, stick with it.  Even though it will be gone after this season, Joss and everyone are really doing some amazing stuff!  Really, really awesome!

Serenity

Its such a shame that brilliant shows like this get cancelled while so much junk is on TV.

I love all the twists and turns.  Joss is so predictably unpredictable!!!

Feathers

As I said above, it's promised to return in January over here but from the sound of it, is well worth watching when it does get back.

As I'm now in the middle of watching BSG for the first time, however, I'm going to have serious Ballard/Helo issues when it does get here!

Rico

Yeoman Mara

That's so cool!  I love "Dollhouse" so much - especially this season.
A redhead with a lightsaber is a dangerous combination!

X

Quote from: Serenity on December 12, 2009, 07:47:22 PM
Its such a shame that brilliant shows like this get cancelled while so much junk is on TV.

I love all the twists and turns.  Joss is so predictably unpredictable!!!
I'm going to have to disagree with you here on the cancellation. This show has been given more than enough time to shine and it's unfortunate that they saved the best for last. Had the level of show been as good as when they started doing the two hour blocks, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been canceled. This has less to do with the network and more to do with it being a chore to watch some of those earlier episodes.

Rico

While agree some of the earlier episodes were not the best, I still feel the show is one of the most unique and different series on the air.  And frankly that's what ultimately did it in (plus that nasty Friday night time slot).  I agree it was given a fair shot to get ratings, I just wish we could get more of this type of program rather than more mind-numbing "reality TV."  I'll take even the early episodes of "Dollhouse" any day over many other shows.

X

Quote from: Rico on December 27, 2009, 02:11:45 PM
While agree some of the earlier episodes were not the best, I still feel the show is one of the most unique and different series on the air.  And frankly that's what ultimately did it in (plus that nasty Friday night time slot).  I agree it was given a fair shot to get ratings, I just wish we could get more of this type of program rather than more mind-numbing "reality TV."  I'll take even the early episodes of "Dollhouse" any day over many other shows.
I agree with this, but I can't help but think that Joss, while hitting WB numbers, didn't really hit numbers for the big 3. I'm pretty sure that none of his shows would survive long on the big three and that it might have been better if he tried cable or even syndication. As much as I and many of those here love the work of Joss, we're a small demo and not the one that they are looking for on Fox.

Rico

Wow - quite a cool new episode last night.  I like how everyone is "pretty much" working together now.  Some really interesting moments and quite a few shockers.  Only two episodes left!