• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Alien Nation Podcast

Started by Geekyfanboy, September 28, 2011, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Redshirt97 on November 12, 2012, 06:03:50 AM
HI Kenny, I just listend to ep 11 last night. It was a great episode, I still remember seeing it the first time.  the whole thing between Matt and marive gardens was just hallioues.  the line "I usually do go for men, but I find you compelling." was laugh out loud funny.  yes I think it predates on line dating by a few years, the internet as we know it was not quite there at the time the ep was made. 

Thanks buddy for your continuing comments.. glad you are enjoying the podcast.. yeah Ep 11 was my favorite episode so far.. and yes I know I say that about alot of them.. but it was just a fun episode. Thanks for your continued support.

Redshirt97

Hi guys, I listen to podcast 12 the other night.  great podcast but I notice that it was short.  the part I like about the ep was the psych test they had to take.   the thing that stands out the most is a scene which show Capt. Glasser Naked behind a badge.   I think this was giving some inside of this cahariter.  he was thought of a as rotton boss, that was impression I always got form watching the show.
I am going with the best information that I have.

Redshirt97

HI guys, I just listened to the podcast last night on the mp3 player of my upgraded cell phone.  it was great to hear the podcast again after a long absence.  I remember watching this episode when it first aired.  I thought it was neat that the newcomers where allready fighting for the right to vote when they have only been on the planet for a short while.  very intresting plot device I thought.  However I do remember reading about some of the views of the purest in the tie in novels.  such as the religious views of the purest. 

Redshirt97

Hi Kenny and Mike, I think I am still the only one posting here.  Just listen to the lastest ep just last night.  great podcast.  I hated that the Uncle was killed.  I thought effects secan where they saw Tackton was just assume, I think that Matt was just freaked out about it. while gorge was beside himself.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Redshirt97 on March 12, 2013, 01:13:22 PM
Hi Kenny and Mike, I think I am still the only one posting here.  Just listen to the lastest ep just last night.  great podcast.  I hated that the Uncle was killed.  I thought effects secan where they saw Tackton was just assume, I think that Matt was just freaked out about it. while gorge was beside himself.

LOL.. yes I think you're the only one who listens to the podcast on these forums. I'm glad you are enjoying them. My brother and I have a ton of fun recording them even if we only have a few listeners :)

davekill

I was disappointed when Alien Nation ended. It was the best show on TV at the time and I think Gary Graham's best role.

Your podcasts are great, just started listening today!

Dave

Ensign Random

I've been listening too. It's a gem of a show that I think is underrated. Miss it. Wish it was on blu ray b/c I'd buy it. I remember my mother liked this show and she generally had no interest in SF when I was growing up.
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
http://smartgirlsscifi.wordpress.com
@mrsbookmark

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Ensign Random on March 14, 2013, 01:57:39 AM
I've been listening too. It's a gem of a show that I think is underrated. Miss it. Wish it was on blu ray b/c I'd buy it. I remember my mother liked this show and she generally had no interest in SF when I was growing up.

Awesome.. yeah it is defiantly underrated. They have been trying to revive the series for several years now. I hope it happens one of these days. Thanks for listening.

Redshirt97

Hi Kenny, I just listen to ep 15 the other night.  great podcast.  it was a good ep of the series too.  I distinctly remember the scene about where Virgina ham said she would be set for life.  today it would be form China and not Japan I would think.   the whole video conference thing was spot on but it occurs Thur the internet of course.  I don't think we  have the picture phone  in the way the phone company envisioned it so far.  there was a recent article on wired.com on the first picture phone call ever made.

Ensign Random

I did a short plug for the alien nation podcast at Smart Girls Love SciFi.
http://smartgirlsscifi.wordpress.com. Drop by if you like. Keep the podcasts coming.
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
http://smartgirlsscifi.wordpress.com
@mrsbookmark

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Ensign Random on April 23, 2013, 05:55:19 AM
I did a short plug for the alien nation podcast at Smart Girls Love SciFi.
http://smartgirlsscifi.wordpress.com. Drop by if you like. Keep the podcasts coming.

That's fantastic.. thank you very much. I agree.. I think Alien Nation is ready for a remake. The last rumors I heard were in 2009 that Syfy was thinking of remaking it.. but I haven't heard anything sense. Maybe one day. Thanks again for the shout out.. we really appreciate it.

Redshirt97

Hi Kenny, I just listen to the podcast ep on Partners just the other night.  great podcast. I still remember seeing  this ep for the first time.  yes the whole birth process between newcomers was very unique for its time I think.  I remember a scene in which Gorge was sitting in holding cell and some idiot try to pick a fight with him and he says he is pregnant and then winds up kicking the guys butt.  lol.  I thought that scene was kinda funny.  Also as meantion in the podcast.  the jack was found in Gorges home and in a picture frame, well that's kind of neat that it was in a picture frame. which meant he was framed.

Geekyfanboy

Thanks again for your comments.. Yeah I liked the jail scene.. don't mess with a pregnant male Tenctonese :) Never though about the whole picture frame and him being framed.

Redshirt97

Hi Kenny, I just listend to ep 17 the other day.  that was great ep of the series.  I am thinking that after that birth scene TV would never be the same. I think I can still recall it was in there TV ads about the pregnancy as being a must watch.  it is now counting down to the finial ep of the series, we will see Kathy and Matt get together and the purist try to kill the Fansiclo family.  I hope that you will contune the podcast into the TV tie in books which I read after the series was canceled.  Those 8 or 9 books were abouly great, better than the series maybe.  the TV movie of the week they made were also just as assume as well.  I hope you can discusses that was well.

Geekyfanboy

Thanks for your continued comments and support, and yes we will be reviewing all the episodes then move on the 5 TV movies and then onto the comics and books. So we have plenty left to review.