• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Alien Nation Podcast

Started by Geekyfanboy, September 28, 2011, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

So I'm going to start yet another podcast.. been wanting to do a podcast on Alien Nation.. was going to do one for Treksf but I love that series so much I want to do an entire podcast just on that series.. figured it as 1 movie, 22 episodes and 5 TV Movies along with novels and comic books and if I release one a month there's a good 2 1/2 years worth of content.

So I need suggestions for a title.

Of course there is Alien Nation Podcast or Alien Nation FanCast, but I was also thinking The Newcommers Podcast or Newcommer podcast. Any Alien Nation fans out there who have an idea for a good title?

Dangelus

Cool!  I loved Alien Nation back in the day, had them all on VHS and watched them all the time.

Would this be in a similar style to the MASH one? Can't wait to hear it. :)

Hmmm title for the show....

A difficult one. If you exclude "Alien Nation" from the title people might not find it during search but personally I like "The Newcommer Cast"

Geekyfanboy

yeah it will be very much like the MASH fancast.

Yeah I feel like I almost have to keep Alien Nation in the title just so folks can find it.

QuadShot

How about "The Alien Nation Newcomers Cast"?

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

How about Alien Nation: The Newcomers Podcast

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

JT

How about "Alien Nation: The Newcomers Podcast"
I like that.  I have all of the made for TV movies and the movie itself.  I love that show!  I wish they would reboot that series.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: JT on October 07, 2011, 03:30:46 AM
How about "Alien Nation: The Newcomers Podcast"
I like that.  I have all of the made for TV movies and the movie itself.  I love that show!  I wish they would reboot that series.

Yeah they have been talking about it for years.. it's been on and off many times.. maybe one day it will happen.

Geekyfanboy

Alien Nation: The Newcomers Podcast Ep1

Download from itunes http://bit.ly/itunesAlienNation or Listen/Direct Download http://Aliennationpodcast.com

Show Notes

Brothers Kenny and Michael Mittleider review and discuss a short lived but very socially aware TV series from the late 80's early 90's ALIEN NATION. Each podcast we will review a single episode in sequential order starting with the Pilot. Will give you our thoughts on the episode as well as some fun behind the scenes information.

Today we cover Season 1, Episode 1 - Pilot

Directed by Kenneth Johnson
Written by Kenneth Johnson
Original air date September 18, 1989

Plot Summary: George and Matt are partnered together and are assigned to investigate their first case together; a vagrant has died and has strange sores on his body. Matt receives a large box of information on the newcomers and slavery from his deceased partner, Tuggles. This information gets Matt and George looking in some strange places and re-evaluating Tuggles death.  George and his family move into their new home and face the challenges of moving into an upscale neighborhood. Matt meets his new neighbor and they begin a difficult friendship.

Hope you enjoy it,
Kenny & Michael

Find Us on the Web:

Main website - http://AlienNationPodcast.com
Twitter - @AlienNationCast
Facebook Fan Page - http://www.facebook.com/AlienNationPodcast
Email Us - AlienNationPodcast@Gmail.com

Podcast promo's played during the show this week:

Confessions of a Fanboy
    MASH 4077 Podcast

© Geekyfanboy Productions

Redshirt97

HI geekfanboy,  I have just herd he promo for the alien nation podcat on the treks and waffon podcast.  I have allready downloaded the promo and the first podast to my laptop allready.  I look forward to listening to the podcast.

I loved watching Alien Nation back in the day and it was one of my favorites.  I hated it when they canceled the second season esp when they left off in a cliff hanger but it happens.  I watched all of the episodes, the TV movies and the original feathered film too.   I also read the TV tie in paperbacks published after the cancellation of the series.  I have also mention the podcast on my twitter feed.  I look forward the the future episodes. 
I am going with the best information that I have.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Redshirt97 on January 30, 2012, 04:49:34 AM

HI geekfanboy,  I have just herd he promo for the alien nation podcat on the treks and waffon podcast.  I have allready downloaded the promo and the first podast to my laptop allready.  I look forward to listening to the podcast.

I loved watching Alien Nation back in the day and it was one of my favorites.  I hated it when they canceled the second season esp when they left off in a cliff hanger but it happens.  I watched all of the episodes, the TV movies and the original feathered film too.   I also read the TV tie in paperbacks published after the cancellation of the series.  I have also mention the podcast on my twitter feed.  I look forward the the future episodes. 

Hey there, Yay... another Alien Nation fan.. yeah both my brother and I were HUGE fans. Let me know what you think of of podcast.. hope you enjoy it.

I took see the movie, all the TV episodes, TV movies, read the novel and the comic books.

Thanks for helping promote the podcast as well.

take care,
Kenny

Redshirt97

Hi kenny, I download the podcast yeaterday but i have not had a chance to listen yet.  maybe to day I will be able to listen.  I loved reading the tv tie in novels, they were ecellent.  I never read the comic books, I never knew they had any of that at all.   when I listen I will post again on the fourm.

Redshirt97

OK I just listen to the first episode of the alien nation podast.  it was great!  loved every minute of it.  cant wait for the next one.  I have subscribed to it on iTunes allready. I am now following the pocast on twitter as well and sent a tweet allready.   listening to the pocast make me want to go back to 1990 or 89 again.  I look forward to the next pocast, can't wait.  one thing i do rembr from the series was the swear  word mother hummer which was used to insult humans.  just like the word frack from BSG.  a play on real life words they used to get around the censors.

JT

Great podcast kenny.  Ilove this show and all of the tv movies just wish you would do the cast more often
:)