• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Alien Nation Podcast

Started by Geekyfanboy, September 28, 2011, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Download from itunes http://bit.ly/itunesAlienNation or Listen/Direct Download http://Aliennationpodcast.com

Alien Nation: The Newcomers Podcast Ep5

Show Notes

Brothers Kenny and Michael Mittleider review and discuss a short lived but very socially aware TV series from the late 80's early 90's ALIEN NATION. Each podcast we will review a single episode in sequential order starting with the Pilot. Will give you our thoughts on the episode as well as some fun behind the scenes information.

Today we cover Season 1, Episode 5 - The Takeover

Directed by Steve Dubin
Written by Tom Chehak
Original air date October 16th, 1989

Plot Summary: Due to a series of riots throughout Los Angeles, George and Sikes are the only ones left in the precinct to answer calls, dispatch cops, and so forth. As Susan visits the precinct, bringing George his lunch and retrieving his dirty uniform to be cleaned, a truck pulls up outside with a group of people, who are planning to rob the evidence locker within the now near0empy precinct.

Hope you enjoy it,
Kenny & Michael

Find Us on the Web:
Main website - http://AlienNationPodcast.com
Twitter - @AlienNationCast
Facebook Fan Page - http://www.facebook.com/AlienNationPodcast
Email Us - AlienNationPodcast@Gmail.com

Theater Preformance Promo:

Geeks.. The Musical !!!

Podcast promo's played during the show this week:

Out of Range Podcast

Anomaly

© Geekyfanboy Productions

Redshirt97

HI Kenny, I just listen to ep 5 of AlienNationCast this sat at work.  Great podcast as usual.  I do remember seeing that ep when it was first aired.  The thing that always stood out in my mind in that episode was how did that canister of the Holy Gas get in to a LADP evidence locker?  Did the cops find it out at the crash site and pick it up then put it there or was it confiscated as a part of a bust from a newcomer.   but i am thinking that canister should have been a government lab some where and not in the hands of the LAPD.   I also thought the part were Capt. Glasser gets gassed and then gets a tattoo was very funny.  I guess you could say they get back at him for being such a you know what. 
I am going with the best information that I have.

Geekyfanboy

Thanks.. glad you're enjoying it. Yeah we did wonder where the gas came from.. and I guess no Newcomer cops ever went into the evidence locker or they should have smelled it. Still a fun episode to watch.

Redshirt97

I think the writers used the gas a a good plot device.  I think one expnation might be it was something made in a lab by newcomers wanting to use it in the drug trade and it got confiscated by LADP.  That is the holy gas they had was synthetic home made by someone who knew how.  if the series could have countinued , maybe a episode that may have explained it origin.  it also could have gotton mislabelled while in the evidence locker and forgotn about.

Geekyfanboy

Download from itunes http://bit.ly/itunesAlienNation or Listen/Direct Download http://Aliennationpodcast.com

Alien Nation: The Newcomers Podcast Ep6

Show Notes

Brothers Kenny and Michael Mittleider review and discuss a short lived but very socially aware TV series from the late 80's early 90's ALIEN NATION. Each podcast we will review a single episode in sequential order starting with the Pilot. Will give you our thoughts on the episode as well as some fun behind the scenes information.

Today we cover Season 1, Episode 6 - The First Cigar
Directed by John McPherson
Written by Diane Frolov & Andrew Schneider
Original air date October 23th, 1989

Plot Summary: Struggling to pay a debt of $2,400 to the IRS, George finds himself having to go to a successful Newcomer businesswoman Betsy Ross for a loan. Ross, who claims to be impressed with the progress that George, one of their own, has made on this planet, is happy to help, and, in addition, insists she can get for him information about dealers of the hightly addictive narcotic "Jack", termed "the crack of the 90's"  Sikes doesn't trust Ross, but George refuses to accept his argument until it becomes clear that Ross is actually an Oversser trying to corner the Jack market for herself.

Hope you enjoy it,
Kenny & Michael

Find Us on the Web:
Main website - http://AlienNationPodcast.com
Twitter - @AlienNationCast
Facebook Fan Page - http://www.facebook.com/AlienNationPodcast
Email Us - AlienNationPodcast@Gmail.com

Podcast promo's played during the show this week:
    Confessions of a Fanboy
    MASH 4077 Podcast
    Knights of the Guild Podcast

© Geekyfanboy Productions

Redshirt97

Hi Kenny, just listen to ep6 this weekend at work.  great podcast.  I do remember seeing this one when I was first aired.  I don't know why it was called first cigar either, that one stumps me too.  I thought Betsy Ross was just absolute ruthless in that episode.  even though she was treatend by the Drug Lords, she must have been pretty stupid to kill them all like that because that could have inkinghed a turf war with gangs seeking control in a power vacuum.   I think she hated humans too, I think most overseers in the series seem to.  well I look forward the the next cast

Geekyfanboy

Thanks buddy for the constant feedback.. I really appreciate it.

Redshirt97

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on June 19, 2012, 03:37:59 PM
Hey your welcome, I love listening to the pocast. I realy loved the series when it was frist brodcasted.  Will you have podcast on the novels and tv movies too, latter on?

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Redshirt97 on June 20, 2012, 06:10:27 AM
Quote from: Geekyfanboy on June 19, 2012, 03:37:59 PM
Hey your welcome, I love listening to the pocast. I realy loved the series when it was frist brodcasted.  Will you have podcast on the novels and tv movies too, latter on?

Yep.. once we do the entire series, will do the TV movies, then novels and finally comic books

Redshirt97

Hi Kenny, I just listend to ep7 last sunday night.  great podcast, I remember that ep first being broadcast, I think it was intoned as a Halloween episode. afterall-it was aired the day before halloween. I didn't realize that Mich Peggi (ada Skinner from X-Files) played in the ep until you meation it. I thought the scene of the dubbed western movie in Tentoness was so neat, but what was up with old theater playing an old movie.  I think at the time there was a tread of showing old moves in old movie theaters as a novelty.  I loved how Skites slugs that oversear that he helped save, he was such a bigot himself that its so disgusting.  This was a great episode from the series, very good drama and conflict between Skites and Fanscaco.  it was shades of gray at a certain point within the story, epically when Gorge wanted to let Paul Revire go and not arrest him.  Equally as good was when Matt didn't include that in his report. 

well it seems I'm the first to post for this episode,  you haven't posted you into yet but I am sure you have been busy with Comic-con, I followed you tweets on the con along with a few others I follow.

Redshirt97

hi Kenny, I just listen to ep 8 of the AlienNationCast the other day.  It seems like I am the only one posting on this fourm theses days, well that is fine with me, I can have all to myself then.  lol! ;D :laugh:.  well I listen to this one on the podbean site.  currently I have to use another computer other than my own so I am having to do things a little differently these days.  One thing I did do this time is use the share button for my twitter account and my G+, I posted a ep of the cast on my G+ for the first time. 

Anyway I enjoyed ep 8, I think it is one my faves also.  I think that some of that ep was used in one of the TV ti in novels if I recall correctly.  The thing that really stands out the most for me in this ep is  when that overseer decides to send a message to the probe and suggest that the human race should be slaves as well.  the gall of the newcomer makes my blood boil >:(!

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Redshirt97 on August 24, 2012, 07:14:58 AM
hi Kenny, I just listen to ep 8 of the AlienNationCast the other day.  It seems like I am the only one posting on this fourm theses days, well that is fine with me, I can have all to myself then.  lol! ;D :laugh:.  well I listen to this one on the podbean site.  currently I have to use another computer other than my own so I am having to do things a little differently these days.  One thing I did do this time is use the share button for my twitter account and my G+, I posted a ep of the cast on my G+ for the first time. 

Anyway I enjoyed ep 8, I think it is one my faves also.  I think that some of that ep was used in one of the TV ti in novels if I recall correctly.  The thing that really stands out the most for me in this ep is  when that overseer decides to send a message to the probe and suggest that the human race should be slaves as well.  the gall of the newcomer makes my blood boil >:(!

Thanks for your continued comments... my brother and I really appreciate it.

Yeah this plot ties in with the very first Alien Nation TV movie Dark Horizon.

Well if these overseers are working in slavery it doesn't surprise me they would make the human race slaves as well.

Redshirt97

Hey your welcome on the conturned comments, I think I my emailed notification got turned off so I didn't know about reply until latter. I will try to fix that probelem and I look forward to the next podcast.

Redshirt97

Hi Kenny, I just listen to the latest podcast of aliennationcast ep ten i think.  that was a good ep of the series it think.  about your format, I think it is all right.  commenting while you watch the ep.  the only problem I experienced was the volume too low, couldn't hear the ep play on the TV.  your voice and your brothers were fine.  but I really perfer the original format you were doing at the start of the podcast.

Redshirt97

HI Kenny, I just listend to ep 11 last night. It was a great episode, I still remember seeing it the first time.  the whole thing between Matt and marive gardens was just hallioues.  the line "I usually do go for men, but I find you compelling." was laugh out loud funny.  yes I think it predates on line dating by a few years, the internet as we know it was not quite there at the time the ep was made.