• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

New Members

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 06, 2011, 08:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

I was thinking that we haven't gotten any new members (and by that I mean new members who participate). It's kind of been the same family (core group of users) for a while now.. I think the last person to join our Treksf family was Al (Quadshot) and that's been a while.  Also I noticed that the ladies have been absent as of late.. this seems to be a boy club now (which suits me fine  :lol2 ) Anyways just an observation.

Feathers

Some have come and some have gone.

There seems to be a higher turnover of new members than there is of new participationg members but that group does turn over too as witnessed by your observation that all the girls have left... (sorry, I mean thay've 'become a little more irregular in their attendance'!)

I'm sure some more will join us (of course having members with over 10,000 posts on the board can be quite daunting to a newbie ;))

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Jobydrone

Hm, who's been scaring off the women?  I mean I have a history of doing that but I don't think its my fault ;) I thought Kenny's buddy Felicia becoming so popular was just one example of girl geek chic being all the rage these days.  We neeed more nerdy girls!
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Feathers

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on January 06, 2011, 08:53:07 AM
We neeed more nerdy girls!

Surely that's the story of (most of) our lives? :D

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

moyer777

ah, I've got Amy being much more a geek and nerd.  This happens after 25 years of marriage. :)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

billybob476

Well hopefully with the holidays over some regulars will come on back and we'll get a bit of new blood into the pool (wait, is that gross?)

Bryancd

Hm, who's been scaring off the women? 

Don't look at me, I keep taking off my shirt to try and drag them in!  :ohbaby

Rico

I'm sure more will join in at some time.  The last couple weeks I've actually gotten a lot of new member requests.  Several bogus, trying to sell us something, but some genuine.  We'll see if they start to participate.  But, as long as we have have our solid core group checking in most days, I'm happy. 

Bryancd

I think Rico needs to get naked...

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on January 06, 2011, 10:14:42 AM
I think Rico needs to get naked...

Have you not seeing my Sulu sword fighting impression way back on whatever vidcast that was?  LOL!  ;)

billybob476

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on January 06, 2011, 10:07:02 AM
I'm sure more will join in at some time.  The last couple weeks I've actually gotten a lot of new member requests.  Several bogus, trying to sell us something, but some genuine.  We'll see if they start to participate.  But, as long as we have have our solid core group checking in most days, I'm happy. 

I agree Rico.. I'm very happy with you core group.

moyer777

we do have a nice warp core

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

QuadShot

Quote from: Bryancd on January 06, 2011, 09:54:34 AM
Hm, who's been scaring off the women?  

Don't look at me, I keep taking off my shirt to try and drag them in!  :ohbaby
Wait...just a coincidence? Bryan removes shirt...girls leave...hmmm :)

QuadShot

MAYBE...If Rico takes off HIS shirt and does the SULU...that might work!
I agree though, I love our core group of nerds. Best decision I made was to join this group and post regularly. I even like sparring with X! :) You guys are a terrific source of support too.