• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Falling Skies

Started by Geekyfanboy, December 28, 2010, 10:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

here's another trailer for this series.. looks really good..

Falling skies trailer 2

Geekyfanboy

New Posters

WillEagle

Looks awesome! With it being on TNT it should stick around for a while!

Rico

Don't forget, the pilot episode of this airs tonight on TNT (6/19/11).

Sneak Peek:

Falling Skies - Sneak Peek

WillEagle

I really enjoyed the premiere last night. I thought they did a good job with the special effects also. Good look to the aliens. Their is something a little creepy about them. And the huge things that were above the cities were really cool. They will show more of them in later episodes. Noah Wyle did a good job with his part. I like the idea of [spoiler]1 of his sons being in his little group of resistance fighters. [/spoiler]

Rico

I watched and enjoyed the two hour premiere of this new series last night.  I thought the story moved well and I like the characters for the most part.  Noah Wyle always does a good job and he fits the role of professor, father, and fighter well.  Anyway, more new episodes every Sunday now, so give it a shot.

Bryancd

I recorded this last nigh t and I am looking forward to seeing it!

Geekyfanboy

yeah it's on my DVR.. but looking forward to it.

Bryancd

Just finished watching and I really enjoyed it as well with a few exceptions.

[spoiler]Wasn't thrilled with the second half story line about the renegade dudes, that was so cliche and a bit over the top. I mean in 7 months they turn into something out of The Road Warrior, give me a break. I'm glad they wrapped that up quick and moved on.  I really enjoy having this set in the metro Boston area as I spent 4 years of college there and i am familiar with a lot of the places, towns, and geography they are dealing with. The aliens are interesting but I have a feeling they are going to be like Independence Day, where the ones we saw are not the real alien form. And what's with all the AK-47's?! I know they are the most common automatic weapon in the world but not in America. This little army look like the mujaheddin! [/spoiler]

QuadShot

I liked this as well. Although, hated the commercial breaks, WAY too many! And I agree with Bryan's spoiler comment on the second half...but overall, looks to be a winner.

Jobydrone

I'm going to make a point to watch this on demand on the Xfinity app before it goes away (in two days WTF?!?)

Problem is I have been getting into alot of new shows recently and my screen time is at a premium...just finished season 1 of Sons of Anarchy which I really liked, so I want to marathon seasons 2 and 3.  Also watching Men of a Certain Age currently, and a GREAT show starring Timothy Olyphant (from Deadwood) called Justified.  Also watching back episodes of Cougar Town, which surprised me by turning out to be a pretty funny half hour sitcom with some pretty great characters. 

But I will definitely give this show a shot, considering the lack of scifi in my regulars atm and the Spielberg pedigree.  I just don't want to get into it and have it prematurely end like so many scifi shows recently.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

WillEagle

Its funny you mentioned commercials Quadshot. I thought I remembered them saying limited breaks. I DON"T THINK SO!! Still really enjoyed the show!

Rico

Commercials?  What are those??  I just do a couple quick taps of my TIVO remote - BAMM - no more commercials.

WillEagle

LOL! I was watching it when it aired. I just hope it sticks around. I believe the 1st season is going to be only 10 episodes.   :usflag

Rico

Quote from: WillEagle on June 21, 2011, 04:30:32 PM
LOL! I was watching it when it aired. I just hope it sticks around. I believe the 1st season is going to be only 10 episodes.   :usflag

Even when I watch things "when they air" I always start them about 15 minutes late per hour of show.  Then I just skip the commercials and end the same time the show ends.  :)