• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Falling Skies

Started by Geekyfanboy, December 28, 2010, 10:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

This looks pretty good..

The Trailer for Steven Spielberg's Falling Skies
Source: TNT
December 29, 2010

TNT has revealed a first look at the new series "Falling Skies," from DreamWorks Television and executive producer Steven Spielberg.

Premiering in June, "Falling Skies" stars Noah Wyle as a former college professor who becomes the leader of a group of soldiers and civilians struggling against an occupying alien force. Moon Bloodgood co-stars as Anne Glass, a therapist who works with the surviving children to help them cope with the traumatic situation. The series also stars Drew Roy as Hal and Maxim Knight as Matt, Tom's two sons; and Seychelle Gabriel as Lourdes, an orphaned teenager who helps run the group's commissary. Will Patton plays a fierce leader of the resistance.

Robert Rodat (Saving Private Ryan) wrote the pilot from an idea he co-conceived with Spielberg. The pilot was directed by Carl Franklin.

Read more: The Trailer for Steven Spielberg's Falling Skies - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=72842#ixzz19TlYqlEC

Falling Skies - First Trailer

Bromptonboy

Looks good - I'll give it a watch.  ((Although I would love for them to somehow work Tricia Helfer into leading the aliens....)).

Seems like Independence Day meets V meets "the Postman".
Pete

Dangelus

Interesting. Of course I'll be watching, Sci-Fi shows are a pretty rare find these days! ;)

Rico

Looks pretty cool.  I like the cast.  Only one little thing is, wouldn't be a nice change of pace if some aliens showed up here on Earth sometime and actually didn't want to kill all of us?

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Rico on December 30, 2010, 07:07:21 AM
Looks pretty cool.  I like the cast.  Only one little thing is, wouldn't be a nice change of pace if some aliens showed up here on Earth sometime and actually didn't want to kill all of us?

Not want to kill us?  You have been watching too much optimistic Roddenberry stuff..  ;)
Pete

X

Quote from: Bromptonboy on December 30, 2010, 07:33:11 AM

Not want to kill us?  You have been watching too much optimistic Roddenberry stuff..  ;)

Did you forget Earth Final Conflict where the alien did try to eat us? Or Andromeda where they laid babies in us that ate us?

QuadShot

X, Rico was saying it would be nice to see a TV series where the aliens DIDN'T want to kill us. :)

X

Quote from: QuadShot on December 30, 2010, 12:04:40 PM
X, Rico was saying it would be nice to see a TV series where the aliens DIDN'T want to kill us. :)
I saw that. :) I was replying to Bromptonboy and reminding him that Gene has shows where the aliens killed people. That's why I quoted him.

X

That question did remind me of shows that did have good alien influence like The Visitor, Out of This World, and Starman the tv show, but then I remember that when the aliens are good, more times than not, we're trying to kill them. Has there been a show where one side hasn't gone after the other side?

Geekyfanboy

If you did have a series about aliens coming to Earth just to say hi with no plans to take over or eat us... where would the conflict be?? the drama??

Rico

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on December 30, 2010, 12:40:38 PM
If you did have a series about aliens coming to Earth just to say hi with no plans to take over or eat us... where would the conflict be?? the drama??

I actually think you could have plenty of drama.  Good drama doesn't mean everyone killing each other.  Trek of course showed us that week after week.  I guess with "V" coming back soon, the recent movie "Skyline" and that "Battle for L.A." movie coming, I think I'm just a little overloaded on aliens who want to kill us and take our planet.

X

Alien Nation ... but again, we were trying to off them.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on December 30, 2010, 01:24:22 PM

I actually think you could have plenty of drama.  Good drama doesn't mean everyone killing each other.  Trek of course showed us that week after week.  I guess with "V" coming back soon, the recent movie "Skyline" and that "Battle for L.A." movie coming, I think I'm just a little overloaded on aliens who want to kill us and take our planet.

I totally agree with you but you can argue that some of the best Trek has been conflict between alien races.. Best of Both Worlds, Yesterday Enterprise. .and most of DS9.. especially the final season. But they've also done lots of none alien conflict stories that have worked.

Rico

Oh, certainly Kenny.  But then again, some of the best Trek hasn't involved killing or alien battles, etc.  "The Inner Light", "The Visitor", "Far Beyond the Stars", etc.  I'm just wearing of aliens invading Earth again and again.  We must be some kind of rest stop in space!  ;)

Geekyfanboy

Check out this site.. there are six more previews for this series.. really looking forward to it.

http://www.ksitetv.com/5338/new-falling-skies-promotional-trailers/