• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Doctor Who The Eleventh Doctor - spoilers

Started by Meds, February 24, 2010, 12:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meds

Season 5 has to be really. If I had my way it would be series 31 lol.

Dangelus

I know it's a little silly to call it anything else. :)

Rico

Wasn't there a fairly long break between the older stuff and the series reboot that started about 5 years back now? 

Meds

Yeah the original series ran from 1963 to 1989 came back for the movie in 1996 then the new series started in 2005. 31 series including the new one coming Easter :)

Meds

Reported Today.

[spoiler]

Doctor Who will return to screens with a Hollywood blockbuster style inaugural episode for new Time Lord Matt Smith.
Billed as Independence Day on the village green it sees the new Doctor crash the Tardis to earth.
Details of the hotly-anticipated new episode came as Smith and his co-star Karen Gillan attended the launch party for the new series in Cardiff.
The episode, entitled The Eleventh Hour, follows him and new companion Amy Pond played by Gillan, fight a new gruesome shapeshifting monster dubbed Prisoner Zero with just 20 minutes to save the world.

It also introduces the Atraxi, the intergalactic police, who monitor the skies with an enormous spiralling eye.
Executives have sexed up the show as Miss Pond appears in a racy policewoman's outfit complete with mini skirt. She reveals herself to be a kissogram.
Miss Gillan, 22, already hinted at romance between the two characters, confessing they kiss later in the series.
Speaking at the launch in Cardiff tonight, Smith said Gillan was the Doctor's 'sexiest companion yet'.

He said: 'We have grown very fond of one another. Its something we work hard at. I hope the tone of our relationship comes across as playful.'

At just 27, Smith is the youngest Time Lord yet.

Both stars are relative newcomers which means the BBC is relying on unknown talent for one of its biggest shows.

It also gives the programme a more youthful feel than in previous years.

Viewers will see a new Tardis unveiled - billed as the biggest in the show's history.
Executive producer Steven Moffat said the machine regenerated after an explosion in David Tennant's last episode on New Year's  Day.
The latest incarnation has rooms extending out of the main control centre and includes a variety of bizarre gadgets such as hot and cold bath taps, a typewriter and a morse code machine.
Smith's previous credits include BBC2 political drama Party Animals. He is the eleventh Time Lord taking over from David Tennant who spent four years in the role.

More than 12million tuned in to watch the regeneration scenes on New Year's Day.
Miss Gillan, a jobbing actress, model and barmaid, has been plucked from relative obscurity to play the Doctor's companion.
The 22 year-old follows in the footsteps of stars such as Elisabeth Sladen, Wendy. Padbury, Billie Piper and Catherine Tate.
Across the series viewers will see familiar adversaries as both the Daleks and the Cybermen are tipped to return.

There is also a return of 1970s baddie The Silurian, which have been given a new look for 2010.
There are new monsters for the Doctor to battle such as the sinister Smilers, whose expressions give a hint of their evil intentions, that are sure to send children rushing to hide behind the sofa again.[/spoiler]

KC

I'm so, so, so excited for the new series! April can not get here soon enough.  ;D

I love the last photo of the Tardis crashing into the dirt. Absolutely brilliant.  :dalek

Meds

Bromptonboy

Pete

Rico

WOW!  I'm getting goosebumps.  That looks awesome!

Feathers

Wow, that looks just a little different to anything that's come before. This series is looking good!

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Scott

Quote from: Feathers on March 21, 2010, 11:35:56 AM
Wow, that looks just a little different to anything that's come before. This series is looking good!
Really? I thought it just looked like more of the same, just with a new Doctor, (to me, that's a good thing), granted, the commercial's I've seen show the parts everyone is already familiar with. I did see some flashes of new aliens. I guess that's what you're seeing. But we get new aliens every season.

I wish I hadn't seen the commercials actually. Now it's bothering me that we have to wait so long before it airs. I know it's a couple weeks, but dammit, that's too long.
- Scott Hough

The Vintage Gamers

Feathers

No, as much as anything I think it's the pacy way they've cut it together and the interspersed special effects shots. Whether this will be reflected into the full production itself remains to be seen I guess.

The Dalek scene looked a little more 'classic series' to me for some reason.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

ChadH

Good trailer. It looks as though the weeping angels have returned.

Meds

Looks like here in the UK we are going to be treated to a glimpse of the first episode. BBC are showing the opening scened on saturday around 5pm

US Trailer.
New Doctor Who Series 5 Trailer from BBCA (HQ)

Clip from the First Episode and interview with Matt and karen
Doctor who The Eleventh Hour clip and Interview on BBC Wales News