• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Doctor Who The Eleventh Doctor - spoilers

Started by Meds, February 24, 2010, 12:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmolerman

Wow that is...different. Do you get any TV you want :P
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Feathers

It's a hang over from the early days. The tax pays for the BBC. You like Doctor Who? It's paid for by the great British tax payer.

Torchwood? Ditto.

...and so on.

In these days of more channels, it's not so cut-and-dried but if you own a TV you can receive the BBC and thus have to pay the tax. It's the law.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Darkmolerman

Wow this is a rare occasion that I like being in America

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Meds

Yeah check out my podcast on thecstate if British TV where we basically explain why the BBC sucks at times. We have sky tv which is a satelite channel provider and you get all the BBC channels on it in awesome quality and pay a monthly fee but if you have to have standard digital it us rubbish quality and we have to pay for it.
Boo to the tv licence.

Darkmolerman

Ouch, lol We got BBCA HD and got it for free (along  with all the other HD channels though)

Meds

Some nice new pictures that have just been released.

Meds

The new Sonic Screwdriver

Darkmolerman

Huh he seems to have a wardrobe...thats new

EDIT: epic new sonic screwdriver

Feathers

Haven't we seen a screwdriver in that form factor before?

Meds

Feathers

Ah! Interesting...

Isn't she a bit old for him now? ;)

X

Remember that he got married somewhere between waters of mars and the final show.

Feathers

Quote from: Just X on March 10, 2010, 08:15:23 AM
Remember that he got married somewhere between waters of mars and the final show.
To Queen Elizabeth I as I understand it.

Meds

Yeah and that was in two episodes ( Shakespeare code and End of Time) though he's already been married and was president ( mire than once)

Dangelus

I love the continuity links they come up with! I'm finding out that the Classic show is just as good with this from the myriad of 'Who' podcasts I am sampling.

Loving the production values from the screenshots of Season 5 (or is it 1 now according to Moffatt?) and I'll say again, the budget has gone up, at least for the premiere episode.