• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

HBO's Game of Thrones

Started by Bromptonboy, August 18, 2009, 06:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromptonboy

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-recasts-mountain-season-620111

Icelandic actor Hafthor Julius Bjornsson will be the third person to play the role of Gregor Clegane.
Arya has a new guy to add to her list of people she wants dead.

Icelandic actor Hafthor Julius Bjornsson has been cast as Gregor Clegane in the upcoming fourth season of Game of Thrones, The Hollywood Reporter  has confirmed. The actor let the cat out the bag via Twitter Monday, writing "For all my fans! I am happy to tell you that I will be THE MOUNTAIN In season 4 In Game Of Thrones :)"
PHOTOS: 'Game of Thrones'' Most Gruesome Deaths:
Bjornsson will be the third person to play The Mountain, brother of Sandor Clegane (Rory McCann). Conan Stevens played the part for two episodes in season one, while Ian Whyte took up the mantle in season 2. Whyte also played a giant and a White Walker in the HBO hit.
Gregor did not appear in season 3, but based on what happens in George R.R. Martin's novels, the gigantic knight should have an expanded role in the upcoming season.
The casting comes after last week's reveal that Treme alum Michiel Huisman was joining the cast. Sources told THR he will replace Ed Skrein as Daario Naharis. Joseph Gatt was also recently confirmed to have joined the cast in an unspecified role, with fan speculation (fueled by his IMDB page) pegging him as Styr, Magnar of Thenn.
Game of Thrones is expected to return next year on HBO.
For all my fans! I am happy to tell you that I will be THE MOUNTAIN In season 4 In Game Of Thrones :)
— Hafþór J Björnsson (@ThorBjornsson_) September 3, 2013
Pete

Bromptonboy

Pete

Bromptonboy

Some info on current shooting:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2434290/Game-Of-Thrones-season-4-Khaleesis-army-prepare-action-dramatic-new-images-Croatia.html
The last season left Emilia Clarke's Khaleesi on the brink of attempting to reclaim the Iron Throne with her trio of dragons and the army of the Unsullied.
And new photographs from the Game Of Thrones set show it certainly takes an army to film an army.
The sweeping shots from the season four production show hundreds of extras in matching armour and dozens of crew members preparing to shoot scenes in Zrnovnica, Croatia.

To reclaim the Iron Throne: Filming for season four of HBO's Game of Thrones began in dramatic style in Zrnovnica, Croatia on Thursday
With production set in a former quarry, the shots show the actors waiting for instructions while their metal shields, helmets and vests lay to one side.
Places are also marked for actors to stand as trucks and trailers remain nearby to get the actors camera ready, while assorted crew members dress the set by brushing out footprints from the ground.
Wearing leather and metal vests and grey cloth trousers, actors are made up and given instruction by the director before they take their place, amassing in a tented area before shooting begins.

Readying the army: A scene featuring the Unsullied army prepares for shooting on a dramatic landscape

In production: Crew and cast have gathered for a scene featuring Daenerys Targaryen's army of the Unsullied

Song of fire and ice: Extras attempt to stay cool in the hot sun as the fourth season of Game of Thrones films

The Unsullied: Hundreds of extras prep for the scene in the upcoming episode of Game of Thrones
Large-scale fight scenes such as this are common for the hit fantasy show and next season looks to continue the trend.
Missing from the scene was army leader Daenerys played by Emilia, who received an Emmy nomination for the role and appeared on stage at the awards show in Los Angeles on Sunday.
As the heir to the 'mad' but deposed king Aerys II Targaryen, Daenerys has amassed a renowned fighting force made up of soldier eunuchs from the land of Astapor.

Hot shot: The crew of Game of Thrones brave the elements with camera crews sporting hats and sunglasses

Agents of shield: Props from the Unsullied army await use by the menagerie of extras

Prep work:  A crew member brushes the ground free of footprints in anticipation of the upcoming scene
According the show mythology, members of the Unsullied begin their training at age five and are taught to be immune to both pain and death.
Her army is key to her gaining power and land, thus making her a serious contender for the Iron Throne.
The show is also filmed in Belfast, Northern Ireland and Mdina in Malta with the third season shooting in Essaouira in Morocco.

Camera ready: Hundreds of extra prepare for filming on the set of Game of Thrones

Gearing up: Actors take position for the filming of the Game of Thrones episode

Forward, march! Actors find their places

Battle ready: The actors playing the Unsullied take direction
Based on the collection of bestselling books by George R R Martin, the show has enjoyed increasing ratings from the first season in 2011.
According to website Vulture, the series enjoyed an average rating of 4.9 million viewers in season three, making it the most popular show on the network since The Sopranos.
The fourth season of Game of Thrones will premiere in March 2014.

The Unsullied: Daenerys Targaryen gained her army after outsmarting Kraznys mo Nakloz

One woman's army: Daenerys Targaryen leads the army of the Unsullied

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2434290/Game-Of-Thrones-season-4-Khaleesis-army-prepare-action-dramatic-new-images-Croatia.html#ixzz2g5xy3fxe
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Pete

Bromptonboy

This is how I picture the Aerie in Westeros:
Check out the link for the full photo series!
http://www.viralnova.com/dangerous-trail-huashan/

Pete

Bromptonboy

Great interview of Roy Dotrice - who does the audiobooks for Game of Thrones:
[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wcSeOrTAVs[/embed]
Pete

Bromptonboy

Pete

Bromptonboy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2561014/Emilia-Clarke-Kit-Harington-rest-cast-revenge-new-Game-Of-Thrones-trailer.html

Vengeance is in the air in Westeros.
And violence is guaranteed as witnessed by the brand new trailer for the season four premiere of HBO's Game Of Thrones.
And as viewers have come to expect, this season promises more huge battles and bloodshed following the aftermath of last year's brutal Red Wedding.
Scroll down for video...
Vengeance: Emilia Clarke proclaims her self a Queen in the new trailer for the season premiere of Game of Thrones+10
Vengeance: Emilia Clarke proclaims her self a Queen in the new trailer for the season premiere of Game of Thrones
The trailer begins with young Arya reciting the names of the people she plans on killing.
She has plenty of reason to be angry following the slaughter of her brother and mother in the now infamous Red Wedding episode from last season.
Her sister Sansa, while not as violent, has been traumatized by their deaths too and utters, 'I lie awake all night thinking about how they died.'

Revenge: Arya wants to kill the people responsible for murdering her mother and brother
Their gorgeous half brother Jon Snow (Kit Harington) also has revenge on his mind, saying 'All we can give him now is justice.'
Over in King's Landing, Queen Cersei (Lena Headey) appears uttering the line: 'A day will come when your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you'll know the debt is paid.'
Unfortunately, viewers aren't shown the recipient of that wicked retort.
While her diminutive brother Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage) reveals the ever truthful statement, 'If you want justice you've come to the wrong place.'

Sleepless: Sansa has been traumatized by the death of her family
Additionally, we see fan favorite Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) with her empire of freed slaves fully embrace her birthright role by proclaiming, 'I will do what queens do. I will rule.'
We're also shown young Bran Stark continuing his quest beyond the Wall, the Night's Watch try to prepare for the invasion of the Wildlings and the arrival of the dreaded White Walkers.
The new trailer comes after HBO revealed its first season four trailer last month and debuted a 15-minute Thrones preview last week.
The show's third season finale was watched by over 5.4 million viewers in June.
And though it fell just short of hitting a new record audience, it solidified its status as the second-most-watched series in HBO's history.

Game of Thrones season 4 premieres on Sunday April 6th at 9 p.m.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2561014/Emilia-Clarke-Kit-Harington-rest-cast-revenge-new-Game-Of-Thrones-trailer.html#ixzz2ta6Lp1nK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Pete

Bromptonboy

Pete

Bromptonboy

Well, I just re-subscribed to HBO yesterday - just so I can watch Game of Thrones starting on the 4/6/2014.
Pete

Rico

Just read a good article in Entertainment Weekly about the upcoming season. Sounds like lots of action and some big things are coming. No spoilers in the article.

Bromptonboy

Any one else watch the first show?  I really liked it.  A few differences from the book, but nothing too bad:
[spoiler]Arya knocking off the Lannister guy in the tavern was great.  Although I thought I recalled in the book that the Hound gets a wound there that will eventually fester.
Daenyrs is still beyond excellent!  I love how she wants to see the face of every poor dead slave on the road to Muryeen.[/spoiler]
Pete

Rico

Good first episode for this season.  Finally - the start of a little payback!

ChrisMC

Oooh. Just wait. Payback is Coming. I SWEAR.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Rico

"Game of Thrones" renewed for seasons 5 & 6 already!  Winter (and more money) is coming!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=116930