• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

HBO's Game of Thrones

Started by Bromptonboy, August 18, 2009, 06:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromptonboy

That is great newss.  I just hope that GRRM keeps ahead of the series.  This might be the motivation he needs.  Season 4 is the 2nd half of Book 3.  Even if they keep splitting - at the rate he writes - I think HBO will over take him..
Pete

Bromptonboy

..although I want the books now - I want him to take his time and do them properly.
Pete

Feathers

He was briefly interviewed on BBC Radio 4 earlier this week and admitted that there was the real possibility of being overrun by the TV show but he seemed fairly relaxed about the possibility. I got the impression he was happy with the way the show had turned out so far but was also very aware of the very limited influence author have over TV under any circumstances.

The interview may still be in the Today podcast feed if anyone's interested.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Bromptonboy

Thanks, I'll have to check it out.  I thought he had written or helped produce some of the scripts.
Pete

Jobydrone

He writes one script a season I believe.  It's good news about the early renewals because I have my doubts about some of the upcoming material from the books (not this season but the next two in particular) being as accessible mto the mass audiences as what we've seen so far.  I can totally see people throwing up their hands with this show as more and more characters with less and less appeal are introduced.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bromptonboy

have you read any of the early release chapters he has posted?  The latest one called 'Mercy'.
Pete

Feathers

Quote from: Jobydrone on April 11, 2014, 07:38:32 AM
He writes one script a season I believe.
That's what he said in the interview. He also said he didn't have time to do any more. Something about having some books to write, or something ;)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Bromptonboy

Any one else watch the latest episode?  Rico how do you feel about it.... ?

A few minor book deviations, but quite good!
Pete

billybob476

Yup, interested to hear Rico's thoughts on this one.

X

yeah, now is the time that the story starts to get good. what those watching don't yet realize that everything up until this point was pretty much setup and fluff in comparison to the rest of the story.

Bromptonboy

Some speculation - spoilers:
[spoiler]It looks to me like Bron is going to double-cross Tyrion in the HBO version, which I don't think he did in the book.  Unless they are letting Tyrion's mistress go from the story line.  That would be a pity.

I noticed that when Oleanna Tyrel moved away from Sansa after fussing with her hair that a certain stone was missing from her necklace...[/spoiler]
Pete

Rico

Mad Men trumped Game of Thrones last night, but I will watch GoT tonight.

billybob476

I expect an ALL CAPS level reaction from you, Mr. Dostie.

Bromptonboy

Madison Ave trumped Kings Landing!?  :)
Pete

Rico

Quote from: Bromptonboy on April 14, 2014, 03:08:42 PM
Madison Ave trumped Kings Landing!?  :)

Yes - by far for me.  I love Mad Men.  Love the characters, the time period - everything!

Ok, so I just watched the episode...

FINALLY!  Spoilers ahead...

[spoiler]So Joffrey poisoned.  Looks like it was possibly Sansa or Olenna Tyrell.  I'm betting on Olenna.  I have to say I really wanted one of the Starks to gut Joffrey but I guess this will have to do for now.  Oh, and that stuff at the beginning chasing down that girl (whoever she was) - that was some nasty stuff.[/spoiler]