• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Season 9 OOC

Started by Geekyfanboy, February 14, 2009, 08:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

Quote from: Feathers on March 06, 2009, 11:02:35 AM
As far as inconsistencies goes it was largely in the phaser references (which is what I was concentrating on at the time). At the front were type XIIs and pulse cannons. In re middle I only found the type XIIs and toward the end were type Xs.

It's not major but it happened to be in the bits I was looking at. Re rest is probably perfect!

I'm referring it to Chris in a PM,  because he posted that information. I am not a trekno-knower... so all I gleaned from your post was "something-something phaser". ;)  JK

But seriously, thanks for pointing it out, Mike. :)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

billybob476

Jen just reverse the polarity. That usually fixes things. :)

Meds

Well you have to reverse the polarity of the neutron flow Joe. ;)

billybob476

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on March 06, 2009, 11:16:59 AM
Well you have to reverse the polarity of the neutron flow Joe. ;)
I'm not falling into your trap again Meds! This will NOT become another ninja thread! :D

Jen

I found a site on Treknobabble that was fun. I'm going to have to start a new thread so we can post our favorite examples. :D
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Feathers on March 06, 2009, 11:02:35 AM
As far as inconsistencies goes it was largely in the phaser references (which is what I was concentrating on at the time). At the front were type XIIs and pulse cannons. In re middle I only found the type XIIs and toward the end were type Xs.

It's not major but it happened to be in the bits I was looking at. Re rest is probably perfect!

I still don't understand what you see as inconsistencies..

billybob476

The types of the phasers appear to be inconsistent.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: billybob476 on March 06, 2009, 11:26:53 AM
The types of the phasers appear to be inconsistent.

Why wouldn't a ship have different kind of phasers through out. I didn't know a ship can only have one type of phasers.

Meds

Chris will know, he's like the architect of Trek maintenance.

X

It was a typo on my part. The text is correct, but the armament in reply 9 is off.

This:
ARMAMENT
11 Type-X phasers, 2 forward photon torpedo launchers, 2 aft torpedo launchers

Should be this:
ARMAMENT
13 Type-XII phasers, 2 Forward mounted Pulse Phaser Cannons, 2 forward photon torpedo launchers, 2 aft torpedo launchers
Payload: 50 Quantum Torpedoes, 50 Photon Torpedoes

Meds

You see, you see, I knew the man would be good ;)

Feathers

Thanks for finding that. I've been searching on and off since I first raised it and couldn't find it again. I was about to post an appology for my error. (I was wrong about the bit in the middle BTW)

It's an impressive piece of work all round!

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Dangelus

I like it that this ship seems to be powered by ZPMs!  :tealc

X

yes, the impulse power and non warp core power is from zero point energy conversion. It's actually pretty cool science behind it and two point energy generation. I wouldn't be surprized if we actually master it one day. I personally see it as kind of tapping into and converting dark energy to usable power and from what science dictates, dark energy makes up 90% of the universe.

cosmonaut

I sometimes read the comments on trekmovie.com, loved this one for its self-irony. Not sure if it's relevant, hope you like it anyway! :)

Source: http://trekmovie.com/2008/12/13/st-ins10-the-science-of-star-trek-insurrection/