• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Season 9 OOC

Started by Geekyfanboy, February 14, 2009, 08:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

Without any first hand knowledge of the process I'd assume it's fun but LOOOOOONG.

KC

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on March 16, 2009, 12:54:17 PM
Quote from: Feathers on March 16, 2009, 12:41:32 PM
All I can say is...congratulations for having a real life to get in the way. I hope it's just busy things and not bad things.

I'm sure we'll cope. It is a shore leave season!

Oh it's is.. actually it's my Guild BTS stuff. They moved up my due date from end of June to three weeks.. end of March.

I agree with Feathers--that is a crazy deadline change. But I'm sure that the end product is going to be fantastic and I can't wait to see it. In the meantime, I'll wait patiently for the return of Quinn and Took. :)

Jen

No need to apologize Kenny. As I've said before, real life comes first. ;)   
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

dinghead

That's why they call it REAL life, it's so darn persistent. ^_~

Feathers

Wow, just posted post 100 in the Season 9 thread and we're nowhere near finished with the season!

It will be fascinating to see how all of these stories play out.

I'm just planning Galdar's future and he has a pretty active time coming up but I think it's going to be a few more regular shorter posts at the minute - that may make the readings easier for all you Ferengi impersonators though :D.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Feathers

I'm not sure where my latest post sits on the timeline, but I'm off on holiday tomorrow, not back until Saturday, and wanted to get this in before I went.

Galdar can carry on on the station until I get back :)

Jen

Quote from: Feathers on March 30, 2009, 09:04:15 AM
I'm not sure where my latest post sits on the timeline, but I'm off on holiday tomorrow, not back until Saturday, and wanted to get this in before I went.

Galdar can carry on on the station until I get back :)

Okay, have fun Mike. :)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

Nice post John. I like how you describe how they became one with teh crowd and their anticipation to begin the vacation.;)  I thought Peterson was on the planet? :)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Feathers

Up-front apologies to those who dislike long posts as I've just posted what I think must be the 'mother of all posts', at least for this season. If it helps, read it as a series of smaller posts and come back to it later if you don't have time to finish in one go :)

We've tied lots of different story threads into this one piece - it's a majestic, multi-authored collaberative work.

Good luck to the Ready Roomers with this one! Perhaps split it up for the reading too?

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Feathers on April 12, 2009, 07:44:13 AM
Up-front apologies to those who dislike long posts as I've just posted what I think must be the 'mother of all posts', at least for this season. If it helps, read it as a series of smaller posts and come back to it later if you don't have time to finish in one go :)

We've tied lots of different story threads into this one piece - it's a majestic, multi-authored collaberative work.

Good luck to the Ready Roomers with this one! Perhaps split it up for the reading too?

Thanks for the heads up.. but please next time if you could actually post it in smaller chunks over a few days period would be best.  Thanks.

Feathers

Yes, that was the original plan when I started. Once we interleaved the sickbay scenes with shuttle bay story, however, trying to manage it between two or three of us over multiple days became somewhat complex in the planning.

Also, we wanted to maintain the effect that the 'whole' has together, without interveining posts, so took the decision to do it this way.

It will definately be an uncommon occurrence.

dinghead

Anybody mind if i make Darius one of the guards James came in with?

Meds

That would be ideal, best to do a joint post.

Feathers

That could be fun.

I'm on new ground here. Up to now I've kept Galdar on his own on the station so I've been able to do what I want with him. For the first time now, he's under someone elses control and I don't know how to react. To a degree, I'm not sure I like it. :)

How about I make him captain and then he can order James to stand down. Good plan? ;)

More seriously, is James trying to be difficult or does he normally arrest people who've just asked to be rescued from decompressing shuttle bays without permission?