• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Warehouse 13

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 20, 2009, 02:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feathers

I can live with it being on Sci-Fi. At least we still have a channel by that name :)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

KatzeKitty

We finished the pilot last night, just in time for the next episode (love/hate DVR sometimes).  I think we'll keep watching.  As was mentioned once, quirky.  The little bits of humor keep me interested; it takes an astounding show to keep me interested if it doesn't have any funny in it.  This show also makes me want to retrofit my keyboard with typewriter keys.  Oh, and gotta give kudos to using Iowa in the first episode.  Woo!

~katzekitty

moyer777

I really enjoyed episode 2. 

[spoiler]Favorite scene is when the guy has his cape open with the speakers and everything gets all ripply.  :)  What a cool show. [/spoiler]

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

sheldor

Tonights episode - great Halloweeney ending.  Really enjoying this show.

Rico

All caught up on this series now.  Just watched the one from this week that had some "Trek - type" of things happening.  This show is a lot of fun and I'm enjoying it every week more and more.  A definite must see for Sci-Fi or SyFy fans.  ;)

Feathers

News from a Trekkygeek tweet is that this will air on Sci-Fi in the UK starting September 8th.

Must set my DVR...

Geekyfanboy

Syfy loads up 'Warehouse 13'
Hourlong dramedy gets second season
By STUART LEVINE
'Warehouse 13'

'Warehouse 13' centers around Secret Service agents who investigate missing and supernatural objects.

Syfy has given a second-season order to "Warehouse 13."

Hourlong dramedy about Secret Service agents who investigate missing and newly found supernatural objects is the most-watched show in Syfy's 17-year history, averaging 3.7 million viewers a week and 1.4 million in the 18-49 demo.

Pickup was expected as the pilot launched on July 7 to strong numbers and subsequent episodes have remained resilient. Unlike other Syfy series, "Warehouse 13" has a near 50% female viewership and is performing better in its first season than the first season of "Battlestar Galactica," which ended its four-season run in March.

Thirteen episodes have been ordered for season two and, as with "Battlestar," that number could go up in subsequent seasons.

"We took a look at doing 20 episodes, but for logistic and financial reasons, it didn't make sense to do that right now, but I wouldn't rule it out," Syfy president Dave Howe told Daily Variety.

"Warehouse 13" shoots in Vancouver and will continue to air in the summer.

Series, which runs at 9 p.m. Tuesdays, is produced by Universal Cable Prods. Jack Kenny and David Simkins are exec producers.

"We've told people we're out there, and it's paid off," Kenny said.

Omra

Watched the Pilot on SlyFly, it was OK.

Got caught up on the rest thanks to HULU, the second episode hooked me good.  It had so much heart to it, I loved it!  The others were fun too, the hacking into the warehouse segments were a great way to tease the audience and hint to what might be in store.  And I love the new 'rocker chick' character, she will be a great counterbalance to the supervisor.

I look forward to more episodes. :metallica:

Rico

Yep great series - it's my current favorite on SyFy.

Rico

As we briefly touched on in the podcast this past weekend, Warehouse 13 has been renewed!!!

Syfy has renewed its hit freshman drama "Warehouse 13" for a second season.  The show continues to draw strong ratings for the network, especially among female viewers....

Tuesday night folks on SyFy - watch it!  I know you'll enjoy it!

Feathers

Quick reminder - starts over here (UK) tomorrow night on Sci-Fi at 9pm.

Rico

Quote from: Feathers on September 07, 2009, 05:17:33 AM
Quick reminder - starts over here (UK) tomorrow night on Sci-Fi at 9pm.

Oh, that's great.  A fun & cool show, well worth watching.  We still have a couple of episodes left to air here.

Feathers

I watched the opening two hours 'almost live' last night and it certainly looks promising. I'm not sure about the provenance of the 'purple goo' but I guess they need something to fill that role and goo is as good as anything.

[spoiler]
I loved all the little gadgets with the throwaway lines like Tesla's 'stun gun' and the electric car that Ford had turned down because he wanted people to buy new engines. A lovely idea that I assume will come up again.
[/spoiler]

I have quite a number of unanswered questions but I guess that's the point of a pilot. I'm certainly watching next week to see where it goes from here.

Rico

Glad you liked it so far Mike.  More will be revealed - and more cool gadgets and artifacts to come.  I'm really liking the main characters at this point.  I think we have a couple episodes left over here for this season.

ori-STUDFARM

I've watched the first 2 episodes and found them a little.....meh!

I keep hearing how much it improves as it goes on. Is this the case? I really hope so, because it hasn't really grabbed me yet.

Also, it states in the opening titles that this is a "SyFy" produced show. Thats the first time I've seen the SyFy written down. It looks dreadful! I hope our Sci-Fi channel doesn't change it's name!