• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Firefly

Started by Amar, February 17, 2008, 04:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amar

I just got the TV show Firefly  and I know the way they were aired was wrong.  Can someone tell me the order to watch them in?    :confused

Thanks Amar
Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.      Douglas Adams

Geekyfanboy

Did you buy the DVD's? If you did...then they in order on the discs. BTW.. You're going to love this series.. one of the best.

Here is a list in the correct order....

Serenity
The Train Job
Bushwhacked
Shindig
Safe
Our Mrs. Reynolds
Jaynestown
Out of Gas
Ariel
War Stories
Trash
The Message
Heart of Gold
Objects in Space

wraith1701

All it takes is for someone to mention Firefly or Serenity, and I get an itch to watch the series again! 

"...The Hero of Canton, the man they called 'me'..." LOL :laugh:

Amar

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on February 17, 2008, 05:39:28 PM
Did you buy the DVD's? If you did...then they in order on the discs. BTW.. You're going to love this series.. one of the best.

Here is a list in the correct order....

No, I got them on VHS that a friend recorded at the time.  I vaguely remember hearing about it at the time but never saw any of them.

:Bow:

Amar
Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.      Douglas Adams

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: wraith1701 on February 17, 2008, 09:41:15 PM
All it takes is for someone to mention Firefly or Serenity, and I get an itch to watch the series again! 

"...The Hero of Canton, the man they called 'me'..." LOL :laugh:

I'm with you.. as I was answering his question I got the urge to watch the entire series in one sitting :) I think I'll have to do that very soon.

Geekyfanboy

Speaking of Firefly... tomorrow for president's day Sci Fi channel is doing a marathon of Firefly... here is the schedule.

08:00 AM SERENITY - PT 1
09:00 AM SERENITY - PT 2
10:00 AM THE TRAIN JOB
11:00 AM BUSHWHACKED
12:00 PM OUT OF GAS
01:00 PM ARIEL
02:00 PM WAR STORIES
03:00 PM TRASH
04:00 PM THE MESSAGE
05:00 PM HEART OF GOLD
06:00 PM OBJECTS IN SPACE

wraith1701

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on February 17, 2008, 10:41:42 PM
Speaking of Firefly... tomorrow for president's day Sci Fi channel is doing a marathon of Firefly... here is the schedule.

08:00 AM SERENITY - PT 1
09:00 AM SERENITY - PT 2
10:00 AM THE TRAIN JOB
11:00 AM BUSHWHACKED
12:00 PM OUT OF GAS
01:00 PM ARIEL
02:00 PM WAR STORIES
03:00 PM TRASH
04:00 PM THE MESSAGE
05:00 PM HEART OF GOLD
06:00 PM OBJECTS IN SPACE

Cool!
...Hey, waitaminute

... where's "Janestown"?!? :( ;)

billybob476

Seems backwards...why not play Serenity at the end?

EDIT: Oh, the pilot, not the movie. Definitely Monday morning.

Feathers

Having read Kenny's post (#2) I don't really need to ask this question but...

Having got hold of a copy of this, I've been dithering about whether to invest the time in watching it or not. I've never seen any of it, and know very little about it but given the sort of things I like (Star Trek, Farscape, StarGate etc), would this be a good bet for my viewing pleasure?

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

batmite

For those interested, you can get the bluray version for 43.00 until the 23rd at Deep Discount DVD using their SuperSale promo code.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Feathers on November 13, 2008, 05:14:32 AM

Having got hold of a copy of this, I've been dithering about whether to invest the time in watching it or not. I've never seen any of it, and know very little about it but given the sort of things I like (Star Trek, Farscape, StarGate etc), would this be a good bet for my viewing pleasure?

Feathers.. this series though short is a must see for all geeks.. you will not be disappointed.. and when the series is over you can watch the movie Serenity as it continues the story.

You're going to love it...

billybob476

Quote from: Feathers on November 13, 2008, 05:14:32 AM

Lert's put it this way. It's the best parts of Star Trek, Farscape, StarGate, Buffy and the old west all smashed together into the best show you've ever seen. the first two episodes aren't the best (though I still consider them very good) but then it really takes off.

It is also one of the most quotable tv shows in existence.

Feathers

Thanks, guys.

I'll go for it!

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

wraith1701

Quote from: Feathers on November 13, 2008, 07:49:44 AM
Thanks, guys.

I'll go for it!

You won't regret it.  Firefly is one of the best sci-fi series to come out in the past decade.

billybob476

Yes, sir, Captain Tight Pants!