• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

New Marvel Cartoons

Started by Geekyfanboy, March 18, 2008, 02:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

‏Written by: Michael Hickerson (SoSF Staff Journalist)

Two more Marvel super-heroes will be getting their own animated spin-offs in 2009. To tie into their leaps to the big screen, both Iron Man and Wolverine will be getting their own animated series as part of the Nicktoons Network.

"Iron Man: The Animated Series" and "Wolverine and the X-Men" will join the network for 26 epiosdes each in early 2009.

"We're trying to create synergy with the brand by having a continual awareness of different interpretations of the characters in the marketplace," says Eric Rollman of Marvel Studios.

The two series hope to tie into the buzz created by the upcoming movies featuring each of the two title characters as well as the three previous "X-Men" installments.

"Iron Man" will show a younger, teenaged Tony Stark instead of the older version as portrayed by Robert Downey, Jr. in the upcoming feature-film.

Rico

Check out this trailer for the cartoon "Wolverine And The X-Men." Looks very cool! Starts in January!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJd6Fw5yHGQ#noexternalembed

or here....

http://io9.com/5094686/new-x+men-trailer-days-of-future-awesome?autoplay=true

Geekyfanboy

Nice.. I've always enjoyed the Xmen cartoons.

Ktrek

That looks really awesome Rico! I can't wait to see this series. I hope it runs longer than 26 episodes though.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

KC

I think that the concept and the dialogue for the show seems really good, but there's something that irks me about the animation style.  I'm still going to watch the show though, especially since I have a great respect for the X-Men universe and the characters are always fascinating.

Ktrek

I just found out that this show actually premiered August 25, 2008 and is already up to 11 episodes. So, I guess we're a little late! :)

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

Quote from: Ktrek on November 25, 2008, 01:27:35 PM
I just found out that this show actually premiered August 25, 2008 and is already up to 11 episodes. So, I guess we're a little late! :)

Kevin

HUH?! The trailer says at the end coming January 2009.

Here's a quote...

There's a war brewing and only the X-Men can stop it. But first, they have to become a team once again. Check out this explosive two minute Teaser Trailer for the brand new series "Wolverine and The X-men." Coming to Nicktoons Network January 23 at 8

Ktrek

Ah! Now I know why the discrepancy. It started airing in Canada on YTV beginning September 6th. I found avis of the first 11 episodes. I watched the first one this afternoon and really enjoyed it. I'm not sure I like it as much as the original 90s series but it is decent enough to follow.

Kevin