• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

"LOST" Season 4 discussion - spoilers

Started by moyer777, February 01, 2008, 03:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moyer777

Ok, Lost is up and running again.

What did you think of last night's episode?  It was called "The beginning of the end."

I enjoyed it.  pretty interesting with the flash forwards and such.  Hurley is one of my favorite characters.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

KingIsaacLinksr

I enjoyed it.  It was a very good episode and a good way to start out the season. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

jedijeff

I really enjoyed it as well, and after what felt like a long wait, was happy to see it again.

I liked that they are continiung the flash forwards, and certainly leaves me with a lot of questions. It seems like whatever is going to happen on the island is going to continue on with whoever survives/leaves the island.  Both Hurly and Jack from last season final episode seem to show the same regret, so it has me really intrigued. The scene with Hurley, and the house that Jacob lives in, has me really thinking. Maybe Hurley is not a crazy as he thinks, when he see's imaginary people. In the preview show before hand, they touched on his friend imaginary Dave from the mental hospital, Hurley saw Jacob, which apparently not everyone see's, and then seeing Charlie in the flash forward sequence. Still not sure what to think of the house, as it was there, and then it was not.

I like how the conflict between Jack and Locke and is getting larger, and how the survivors are split between the two. Wow, I am so excited for the next episode

Rico

It was a great episode.  Lots and lots of stuff came out.  Like the "Oceanic Six."  That would seem to mean only six people get off the island.  Does that mean that the others are all dead, or did they just not leave?  We know at least three get off, Jack, Kate and Hurley.  Maybe a fourth, who is dead.  That's hard to say right now.  Also, why did Hurley tell Jack in the future that he should of gone with him and not Locke?  It seems Locke is the one in the right at this point so why would Hurley say he should of gone with Jack?  Lots of interesting things.  I still think they each have to resolve certain things or issues and the reasons once they are off the island that they feel the need to go back is they haven't finished with what they had to do.  Just an idea.  Anyway, the season is off to a great start!

jedijeff

Quote from: Rico on February 01, 2008, 05:05:56 PM
Also, why did Hurley tell Jack in the future that he should of gone with him and not Locke?  It seems Locke is the one in the right at this point so why would Hurley say he should of gone with Jack? 

I thought the same thing as well, as it has been identified that these people on the boat are not with Penny, and that Naomi was not who she said she was. Right now it seems to be that going with Locke is the more sensible thing. I guess thats what makes it so interesting and intriguing.

Blackride

I thought it was a good episode. I do however don't like how they got away from the "danger" of being in the jungle. We haven't seen a animal or the "security system" in a LONG time. I hope they get back to it. I like the feeling that they could not walk around so easily in the jungle.

With that being said I liked the flash forwards a lot and I really like the Jacob stuff.
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Geekyfanboy

I finally was able to watch the new episode... I liked it.. more questions but what would lost be without all the questions.

My theory is that the boat are Dharma people coming to reclaim their island. That would explain why Ben thinks they are there to kill them.. since he and the others are responsible to killing all of Dharma years ago.

Anyways I look forward to more Lost..

Rico

Great episode last night.  Lots to consider.  First, why even have a fake plane crash setup?  It was found very far off course.  And not even by a rescue team right?  Just some treasure hunters.  Why put it out there?  Seems odd.  And a Dharma polar bear in Tunisia??  What's up with that?

The new characters are interesting.  I'm liking Locke more and more.  I'm starting to get a feeling some of them are going to get off the island soon.  And that will be "the Oceanic Six."  Most of them will stay on the island.  The flash forwards we see are that.  And by the end of the series some of them will return to the island.  At least that's my theory for now.

jedijeff

Yes, there was a lot to consider for sure. The fake plane has me thinking, and all I can really guess is that some one does not want them to find the island. At first I thought it might be Ben's group, as I thought they were larger then just the island, but now I don't think that as much. With the rescue people wanting Ben, makes me believe others are interested in the island, or just Ben. Maybe like Kenny speculated in the other thread, it is the Dharma initiative that are on the boat, and they want to reclaim the island. Maybe Ben was hiding it from them with the underwater station jamming signals.
Not sure what to think of the group they sent to the island, as I agree with Naomi, as they don't seem like the best candidates. I get the reason why Frank (Pilot) and Charlotte might be interested in the island, but puzzled with Miles and Daniel and their interest in the island.

That is a good theory you have Rico about how they might leave the island soon, and then look at returning. Seems possible, as they are putting a lot of emphasis on these flash forwards, and so far Jack and Hurley have felt haunted by their decisions.

I am wondering as well, if time of the island goes by slower then it does on the rest of the earth. Might explain why Locke saw the image of Walt older last season, and why the real others never seemed to age.

Rico

I think you are on to something on the time paradox thing Jeff.  It might explain why that polar bear in Tunisia seems like a fossil.  Also, didn't the pilot body in the crashed plane under the water seem a lot more decomposed for only a couple of months?  What day on the island are they at now?  Like only two months or so total?  Anyway, lots to think about.

jedijeff

Yes, I think they have only been on the island for a few months, but I would not be surprised if real time off the island is a lot longer. The images of the pilot looked like he had been there a lot longer. The polar bear in Tunisia is interesting as well, especially with the dharma collar, and for it to get to the state it was, it would have needed to be there for awhile. Really looking forward to next week, so much to think about. I enjoy Lost as usually on the weekends, I spend time reading people theories and looking at screencaps. So much more then just the one hour each week.

KingIsaacLinksr

Very interesting discussion.  The episode was great and the plane thing does seem a little too fake.  Too...perfect.  But perhaps it is them.  Who knows, we'll find out soon enough.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Geekyfanboy

Just watched the latest lost... I'm not saying it was bad.. it was really good.. but how many more questions can they ask. I'm getting tired of trying to keep everything straight in my head. There is so many unanswered questions and they keep piling on more with every new episode. I've given up on trying to figure everything out.. I think it's best that I just hang on and enjoy the ride.

moyer777

I was thinking the same thing Kenny! :)  It is getting so blurry now.  I just have to hold on and hope for the best!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

jedijeff

I get the feeling the new characters and questions raised will be answered rather quickly. Just a feeling I have