• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

"LOST" Season 4 discussion - spoilers

Started by moyer777, February 01, 2008, 03:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedijeff

Those are Harold Perrineau thoughts and opinions, and he certainly allowed to have them, I don't think anyone is arguing that. Like Rico said, those comments that are now public could come back to haunt him in the future when he auditions for other work. Everyone chooses to express themselves in their own way, and I have no doubt he was disappointed with the course of his character. It has always been a flawed character on the show, from being a bad inattentive Dad, to an over protective Dad, to a dispute with Jin, to his single mindedness of building the boat, to being a moody after loosing Walt, to running off and not waiting for the losties to help, to coming back and murdering 2 Oceanic Survivors, to setting up Jack, Kate, Sawyer and Hurley who were trying to help you get Walt back, to leaving everyone on the island by making a deal with the Enemy. I can see where he was disappointed, as his character has been pretty disliked from the start, and the writers and producers may have felt there was nothing much they could do with the character. I know for myself I probably would not be happy, but would have tried and been much more diplomatic when asked about my experiences. I know the other day at work, we were in an outage review over an issue that had come up a few days earlier. A change was made to a piece of hardware, which caused the problem based off a recommendation from an architect. The tech did his very best to not put the finger on the senior person. Everyone understood, as when you have mouths to feed and bills to pay, sometimes you cannot say exactly what you want. That is not ideal, but unfortunately the real world. Like you mentioned, maybe Perrineau already has an reputation which the producers are well aware of, but maybe a more diplomatic response would have better serving for his career.

Locutus

Rico and jeffjeff - I will agree that a level of diplomacy may have been more appropriate. And I will also agree that actors do not always get to dictate their character - especially on a show like Lost.

I will say, Rico, that the actors inform their characters probably much more than you may think, but again, on Lost that just may not be quite the case. There is a specific story being told and the producers have more control than usual over the characters. (Believe me, you do NOT want the average producer on set more than absolutely necessary, much less dictating anything to the actors. That's how you have things like Fonzie jumping a shark.) Lost is very much a special case.

BTW - I just picked up the third season on DVD at Costco for $30. Woot! Love this show!
Admiral Piett: Impossible! Are calcs proves us otherwise.
" Blalock's 'Shadow Puppets' To Get California Release" <-- Best headline ever on this site.

moyer777

Pilots: 'Lost' Star Stays with ABC

Dead doesn't necessarily mean gone from "Lost" entirely. That said, don't expect Michael to be popping back up on the show in the immediate future.

Harold Perrineau, who played the doomed Michael Dawson on the ABC series, has moved on to another show at the network. He headlines a round of pilot casting at the Alphabet that also includes Gail O'Grady and Rick Gomez.

Perrineau has joined the cast of the drama pilot "The Unusuals," according to The Hollywood Reporter. He'll play a paranoid New York detective who never removes his bulletproof vest. The ensemble show follows the goings-on at a police precinct in the Big Apple.

Former "NYPD Blue" regular O'Grady, meanwhile, has signed onto David Hemingson's untitled legal drama at ABC. The actress, who had a recurring role as a judge on "Boston Legal" the past two seasons, will play a hard-driving lawyer at the L.A. firm where the show is set. Additionally, George Segal ("Just Shoot Me"), Alexandra Holden ("Friday Night Lights") and Lolita Davidovich ("The Agency," "September Dawn") have been tapped as guest stars for the pilot.

Gomez ("What About Brian") will star opposite Bobby Cannavale in Rob Thomas' "Cupid" remake. He'll play the owner of a bar who gives Cannavale's character -- who believes himself to be Cupid, the Roman god of love -- a place to stay.

Also at ABC, Sarah Lafleur has been cast as Josh Cooke's girlfriend in the David Kohan-Max Mutchnick comedy. Her credits include episodes of "Without a Trace" and "Grey's Anatomy" and the Sci Fi Channel flick "Lake Placid 2."

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Does anyone else find it ironic that he is playing a paranoid cop who never takes off his bulletproof vest in this new pilot?

moyer777

Quote from: Rico on June 02, 2008, 12:18:28 PM
Does anyone else find it ironic that he is playing a paranoid cop who never takes off his bulletproof vest in this new pilot?

I thought the same thing!

:)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Blackride

I FINALLY watched the finale :).

I am thinking that if you can move the island through time, then you can bring back people from the dead essentially. If you know they die you can avoid it and bring them to the island. Just throwing the idea out there.
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Rico

Interesting thought.  But I am wondering if they can only go forward in time?

Blackride

Quote from: Rico on June 08, 2008, 07:08:55 PM
Interesting thought.  But I am wondering if they can only go forward in time?

I personally was hoping this was not a "Rip in The Time Space Continum" thing. I've seen that so many times in Trek :)

I do think that they HAVE to return to the island because their missing from some point in time is causing an in-balance or something.
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.