• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Comments & Complements from readers and players

Started by Jen, August 29, 2007, 04:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

I thought I'd provide a thread where non RPG players (those just enjoying the read) and RPG participants can talk about stories being written or the past or future audio productionsâ€"if you have comments we'd love to hear them. Players, if you have anything you want to convey to your fellow players, regarding their posts (complements or questions),  tack them them here.  ;)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

I like the exchange between Tain and Manrique. Looking forward to reading about the jungle adventure. I also enjoyed reading about Holoworldâ€"Rick and Iceman.
Great work X...I like the ideas you have. Keep them coming... Nice work everyone.

Shore leave should be wrapping up soon, so prepare your characters for the next season...It'll be an action packed adventure for sure. You don't have to come back to the ship just yet, but know that we'll have to leave Earth fairly soon. We'll let you know in advance how soon that will happen.

I would like to discuss RPG ideas via Skype bi-weeklishâ€" if anyone else likes that idea let me know.

Another thought, if you know anyone that you think would enjoy the RPG...send them over to check it out. Word of mouth is the best advertising. :)

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

X

I have been really enjoying reading everyone's posts. I think everyone is doing so well that I check the posts several times a day to see what happens next.

KingIsaacLinksr

I'm posting mine today.  Its taken a while, but it should be worth it.

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

X

I have to get a mic, but I'm in too. Also, I like the posts that have been happening. They are really cool and fresh in their ideas. Keep up the great work!

moyer777

Great writing you guys and gals.  Nice.

I am really enjoying the character development.   

Jen

I think Three Ducks  introductory post was great! Good job and welcome to the RPG.... you wicked, slimy Cardassian.

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

3 Ducks in a Man Costume

Thank you. It looks like there is an abnormal number of telepaths on board for this season, but any character who can masquerade as a Tal'Shiar operative for as long as mine has can surely survive on a Federation starship, telepaths or no. Also remember that he has survived on Federation starships before (during the war), and surely he ran into a couple Betazoids then without much trouble.

moyer777

Jen

We have several characters aboard who have things to hide, and are doing so successfully...so far...
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

KingIsaacLinksr

He he yes, some have more secrets than others..wouldn't you say so Jen?

King Linksr

;)

PepperDude

A Cardassian who's been living as a Romulan for several years and is now posing as a Vulcan. . .crazy.  It's very cool 3 Ducks.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: PepperDude on September 29, 2007, 03:40:15 PM
A Cardassian who's been living as a Romulan for several years and is now posing as a Vulcan. . .crazy.  It's very cool 3 Ducks.
This guy is not going to be easy to "discover" thats for sure.

King Linksr

3 Ducks in a Man Costume

There was an idea I had that I mentioned to Jen or Kenny (I can't remember who) that had to do with MIA/KIA characters. I'm not sure it'll work, but I thought I'd throw it out there to the group, so maybe there could be some bit of discussion and consensus about it. And maybe it needs its own thread, but maybe not.

The idea is this: if someone is planning on leaving or abandoning their character or wants their character to die/disappear for any reason, you might privately contact (in the forums, not the game) one of the known spies and ask them to "take care of" your character.

My reasoning behind it is this: if a character disappears because of abandonment or whatever, the rest of the players (or at least the moderators) have to find some way to explain away the death or disappearance. If the spies got involved, it would do two things.
1) It would spread around some of the labor, so that the moderators wouldn't need to spend extra time editing someone out; the spies could just write it into one of their posts. Two birds with one stone.
2) If a meaningful character (non-NPC) gets knocked off "mysteriously," it creates motivations for the other characters to push the story line forward, it helps foster a thicker plotline, and it might give players something to do (like a puzzle to solve) if the action or posting gets slow.

Of course, not everyone is going to require this service (very few will). Nor would it be a good idea for spies to kill off every player that goes MIA/KIA--people do die of natural causes. But it widens our options, at least for this season.

Any thoughts on this?