• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Comments & Complements from readers and players

Started by Jen, August 29, 2007, 04:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

That's a topic for the "Think Tank" section of the forum (it's in OOC). Really, this thread is meant for compliments for other writers. But I agree with you. In fact, there are two in the MIA section that I know are never coming back (one asked me to kill his character off). Maybe I will write them into the story and send you their names so you can off them at your leisure.  :)

The problem is that typically, people who don't play anymore just stop writing and never respond to PMs about what they want us to do with their character (they just go AWOL). On rare occasion, we've had someone ask us to keep their character safe for them. Only two people asked us to kill their characters. One of them was killed in the line of duty, the other never made an appearance so I didn't write them out of the story...none of us would know who they are anyway. Most of the time the writers just never come back. The MIA/KIA section of our forum is for folks who may want to pick out a character that no one is using anymoreâ€"not sure we want them all killed, but feel free to PM those people who's characters are in that section and ask them if they want their character's offed.

Last season we only lost one player...He's MIA (he played Mr. Smith the Section 31 spy). So I think we have a good group now. Go ahead and start a thread in the OCC section of the RPG. There's always a possibility may lose folks in the future...and I think that a few of the people who don't write any more, still lurk around the RPG.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

KingIsaacLinksr

>.>  "rodents" eh Man in Costume?  A bit harsh.  *pouts*   :dry   :laugh:  Good idea though. Thanks. It wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but it works.

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

3 Ducks in a Man Costume

Heh. Yeah. I mean, he's supposed to act like a Vulcan. How else would a vulcan describe something like a Sugar Glider? That's kind of the fun and weird part about writing Vulcan dialogue: you've got to describe everything in terms so sterile they almost become humorous.

KingIsaacLinksr

That is very true.  Its why I didn't create a Vulcan, writing is difficult XD.  :)

King Linksr

Jen

Welcome back to the RPGâ€"great first post Rico! I loved the scene you set up as well as the Subtle probing Talbot was able to carry out through the game. I may be reading too much into the chess match, but it seemed as though the pieces represented specific people on the ship. Particularly Khev's queen (the agent's wife, Commander Sevryll). If that was your intent, bravo! Nicely done.

I thought that the Admiral's mission was unsanctioned. Did he share his goal with a few of the brass?

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

Thanks Jen.  I wish I could write more, but time seems to get away from me with a lot of other things going on too.  I usually have scenes rolling around in my head for several days before I put something down.  Yes, I was trying to imply a few things in the game as well as possibly things to come in the mission ahead.

As far as the mission, since the marine guard/undercover agent is with him I kind of assumed he shared the mission with Khev.  Therefore, I think Talbots feels Khev blabbed the mission a bit to his superiors.  Not sure if that all plays out but it's the way I was thinking.

3 Ducks in a Man Costume

OK. For a minute, I was wondering why Talbot knew the agent was an agent, because 31 is notorious for going unnoticed even by Starfleet brass. But then, if 31 comes out of the shadows, they're probably confident that whatever they have planned will make up for the lack of secrecy. Or perhaps blowing their own cover is part of the design. Either way, it makes for some interesting possibilities.

Rico

Talbot doesn't know he is an agent.  However, he is a bit suspicious of him right now.

3 Ducks in a Man Costume

Oh, OK. I assumed that because you made reference to him as an agent, your character knew.

But seriously, who wouldn't be suspicious of a Romulan? They're slippery little devils, ain't they.

Rico

Actually Talbot is half Romulan as well.  Obviously, I know he is an agent.  But my character Talbot in the RPG doesn't know that.  At least for now.

Jen

Welcome to the RPG Chief! Great first post. Can't wait to learn more about the Lt. Colonel.
Have fun and be creative. :)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

KingIsaacLinksr

WOAH. This changes things now.  Great post 3 ducks.  Had me going for a while.  Poor Enoch...

King Linksr

3 Ducks in a Man Costume

I was hoping to clear spacedock before I put the good lieutenant on ice, but I couldn't help myself. And, like you said, this changes things up a little--gets the blood flowing.

KingIsaacLinksr

Sheesh...blood thirsty already 3 Ducks?  Not good for this RPG...Hey, Jen, remove him from the RPG, he's going to kill us all!!!!!!

lol jk

King Linksr

3 Ducks in a Man Costume

Heh. Yeah. Cardassians drink blood. Didn't you know that?

But seriously, there are some developments that I want to make to/with/for my character that necessitated this little episode coming as early as it did. We had planned to build Brandt up a little more, but I jumped the gun a little.

Perhaps while we're still getting the ship and crew in order, there might be glimpses (flashbacks maybe?) into the past relationship between Enoch and Brandt. I know I have some back story with her that I'm going to put into a profile entry.