• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Star Trek: Season 2 - Gathering

Started by Geekyfanboy, March 31, 2007, 10:30:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Silence came once more before Quinn change the subject. Then Quinn spoke.

"The caretaker, Troleen...he's gone?" He asked flatly. Her thoughts were held too close to the surface.

"Yes. The children are aboard, but they are alone. I would like to go to them. I have not meditated for several days. The effects of the relic were quite powerful and the stress of the situation has made it difficult to suppress my emotions. If it is acceptable, I respectfully request permission to be relieved of duty for the evening." Sevryll replied.

"Of course Commander, please tend to your children."

Sevryll stood nodded and walked out of the Captain's ready room. Quinn sat down behind the Captain's desk and took a deep breath and tried to quiet the voices in his head. He did not tell Sevryll the entire truth on why he did not go back for the Captain. He struggled with it but was warned not to tell anyone, but if Lt. Commander Sevryll was to become Quinn's number one, he must be able to confide in her the truth of the Captain's disappearance and their entire mission. Quinn knew that he needed to speak with his senior staff but decided to give them some much-needed rest. We were not arriving to Starbase 157 for another four days he would have his staff meeting tomorrow at 1100 hours. 1100 hours came quickly and Quinn stood in the ready room as members of his senior staff arrived and took their seats. Quinn sat down and began to speak.

"I know a lot of you have questions about what happen with the Iconians and where the Captain might be. At this time I can not tell you the details of his mission. I can tell you that Starfleet has made me temporary Captain of the USS Tiberius and Lt Commander Sevryll as my First Officer. We will not be going to Starbase 157, Starfleet has asked us to go to Altair III, it's the third planet in the Altair system. Starfleet has lost communication with their outpost and need us to find out what happen. We will arrive in six days. Any questions? "

TBC

Commander Quinn
Acting Captain
USS Tiberius

moyer777

The counselor sat down at the table and looked at his fellow crewmates.  They were all concerned.  So was he.  The day before this he had found his son asleep on his couch compliments of the Iconians.  It had been very uncomfortable after he had awakened and Margon couldn't stop thinking about it. But now was not the time to think about family problems.  There were bigger things to be concerned about.  The counselor focused his thoughts on Commander Quinn's voice. 

"We will arrive in six days. Any questions? “

"Yes Commander" said Margon, "If my memory serves me correctly, this system was the victim of an interplanetary war for decades... I read about the peace talks and the Federation's influence in this star system.  Have we been in contact with the Klingon Empire about our outpost?"

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Four Lights

Brex felt relaxed. The sensation was amazing. His eyes were closed and all he could feel was an Andorran woman's antenni caressing his blue-ridged face. A slight hum seemed to fill the perfectly silent air. In grew into a rhythmic gravely noise.

"Stop that, it tickles!"

Brex giggled, and reached up to brush the antenni away from his face only to feel the sharp twangs of a felines claws ripping into his blue skin.

Brex snarled,

"No, really! Stop that Talas!"

Brex opened his eyes, expecting a beautiful blue female. Instead he saw two large yellow eyes staring back at him. He reached out to touch the face, but at that very second

HISS!!!!!!

Mr. Mouse jumped away from Brex, nearly shattering a glass table. Margon stood above Brex startled by the sight of his son in his quarters.

Brex rolled his eyes,

" Why am I here!?"

"I was just about to ask you the same thing."

Margon picked up Mr. Mouse and stroked his fur trying to calm him down.

"The last thing I remember was that that darned bright white light! I was in a field with some of my customers from five forward. Whats going on dad! Why am I here?!"

Brex seemed annoyed by the fact that he would be in his fathers quarters.

"What do these Iconian's think? That I happen to be friends with the only other Bolian on board?"

Brex thought to him self.

"all I know is that the captain's not on board anymore... there's a briefing with Commander Quinn soon, and more will be explained then. Are you ok?"

Margon tried to smile, but it was very hard.

" I'm as good as I can be for getting transported around like someone's Tarkalian Felder Beast! If you don't mind I think I'm gonna get our of yout hair... oh... scratch that... I'm just going to head back to five forward, thanks for the use of your couch.  You should get a license for that animal..."

Brex started to get up and walk to the door.

"Maybe we should talk..."

Margon grabbed Brex's shoulder.

"NO DAD! Stop it!"

"Stop what? I never did anything?"

Margon looked confused.

"You stopped being my dad 50 years ago. Why start again now?"

Brex walked out the door.

Margon looked at the ground.

Maybe he's right...

Margon thought as he sat down with Mr. Mouse.

The door closed.
"If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Spock "Star Trek" 2009

Four Lights

Brex looked out the window in five forward. He saw the stars in front of him. He glanced around the room to see no one. It was a quiet night. Brex tapped his COM badge.

-Beep-

"Brex to J'Dan."

There was no reply.

Brex had not yet seen J'Dan after the Iconian incident. He was surprised that he had not yet came to five forward.

"Computer please locate Mr. J'Dan"

"J'Dan Marley is not aboard the Tiberius."

The computer responded quickly.

Brex looked out at the stars and started to panic.

He thought for a moment. Maybe the computer was wrong. The Iconians may be affecting the ships sensors.

-SWISH-

The door to five forward opened, and in walked J'Dan. J'Dan pulled his shirt down to hide the wrinkles.

"Sorry boss, I was a little distracted..."

Brex smiled and looked at J'Dan to see a lipstick mark on his forehead.

"You missed a little something."

Brex took a towel and wiped the mark his off his head.

J'Dan turned red, and started to walk into the kitchen.

"I take it things went well on your date a while ago."

Brex said with a small smile.

"You could say that..."

J'Dan seemed nervous.

"You don't have to be scared son. I know what that was like... the old days."

Brex picked up a glass and polished it. He knew that the replicator was capable of such a task, but he still enjoyed the fine art of bartending, even if it was old fashioned.

J'Dan came from the back with a pad in his hand.

"Boss, what exactly happened to us?"
J'Dan asked.

"All I know is that Commander Quinn should be explaining what is happening..."

Brex replied.

"It's just so hard to think that these people have been hiding all this time, just to cause all these problems."
J'Dan said defensively.

J'Dan shook his head sighed

Brex looked outside and started to speak.

"I don't know what their up too, no good I presume."
"If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Spock "Star Trek" 2009

Jen

Sevryll found her children sleeping soundly in their own bed. The tall Vulcan woman strode quietly into the small room that held their slumbering forms, and knelt beside M'rynn. The toddler's breaths were measured and deep as her right thumb slowly fell from the corner of her mouth.

Sevryll brushed a lock of wispy black hair from the little girl's forehead and kissed her cheek. M'rynn unconsciously raised a tiny eyebrow in response, yet never stirred from her deep slumber. Her mother removed the girl's shoes and pulled the blanket up to cover her. Then she stood and moved to the child who slept on the other side of the bed.

N'Val shifted from his left to his right side—his little face contorted into a frown as he muttered something low under his breath. Sevryll knelt down and pulled the boy's shoes off then tugged the blanket up over his twitching legs. She watched him for a minute then gently placed her hand on his until the twitching stopped. Though he did not wake, a small smile grew upon his face producing two dimples. She kissed his forehead then backed from the room and bumped into a silhouetted form standing in the entry.

Sevryll started and spun quickly on her heel, instinctively falling into a defensive stance—the quiet whisper that followed caused her to relax slightly.

"That's my girl. Nice reaction time, great form, but you let me slip in behind you. What if my intentions had been criminal?"

She knew that voice, it belonged to her husband, yet David was on assignment for Section 31...how did he get aboard the ship?

"David..." the relief in her voice was evident.

"I wish." The voice muttered sarcastically to himself. Actually I'm a hologram that David programmed."

Sevryll keyed a sequence into the panel behind her and the door to the children's room slid shut.

"I was not aware that my husband was capable of programming holograms." She stated flatly.

The hologram walked over to a chair, plopped down and put his feet up on the table in the center of the room. "He's not, but he has friends who are. Section 31 is full of smart people."

Sevryll remained standing near the door to the children's room. Too much had happened in recent days.

"If you are a hologram designed by my husband, then what is your purpose?" She inquired coolly.

He smiled and nodded towards the door that Sevryll had closed only moments before, "I'm the baby sitter." He said with a wink.

"The...babysitter." Sevryll repeated. "Why didn't David inform me of your program?"

"Because he knew you'd be adamantly opposed to one that could kill," he replied with a grin. "Oh yes, I've been programmed in every form of advanced martial art that Section 31 has on file. I was activated before you left space dock and I've been quietly keeping an eye on things. Where'd you dig up that old fossil you called a 'care taker'? You hired him to take care of our kids? Oh sure, he was nice ol' blue hair, but he was always AWOL. By the way, where's the old coot now?"

Sevryll frowned. She didn't have an answer for him...the retired Betazoid teacher, whom she had hired to watch her children when she was on duty, was simply gone. She suspected he was apart of the group who was responsible for Captain Bell's disapearnce.

"Our last mission involved beings who were master illusionists—you could be yet another of their cruel deceptions."

"Did they have something to do with the crew's sudden vacation?" he asked sarcastically.  Sevryll didn't respond to his remark.

"Oh, hey...I programmed a great water park simulation on the holodeck while you all were on break." He nodded towards the children's room again, "when they wake up, I'll take them there."

David obviously gave the supposed"hologram", his own unique brand of humor in addition to his appearance and voice.

He could tell that she still wasn't convinced, he was telling her the truth,"you're a scientist, run a diagnostic on me." He gave her a wink then handed her a tricorder. She took it but opened her desk drawer and removed one, she was certain he hadn't tampered with. He smiled, "ah, you'd make a great agent Sevryll. Better safe than sorry. Right?" She laid his device down on the desk and ran a diagnostic with her own. He was exactly what he said he was...a hologram.

She closed the tricorder and looked up to meet his smile, which before now, had only belonged to her husband David. "You look exhausted," he said. " I'll shut down—you get some shut eye." She watched as the hologram vanish. In the silence following the hologram's disappearance, she finally had time to realize how much she missed the real David.

Sevryll awoke to the sound of the children's laughter. The hologram was back and apparently entertaining the children. When the twins noticed her, the hologram stopped what he was doing and walked to the replicator. "Café Latte...hot." After the replicator formed the cup of coffee, he removed the beverage, pulled a chair out, and motioned for Sevryll to sit in it. "good morning," he said with a smile as he set the Latte on the table before her.

"What are we to call you? You are not David...I will not call you that."
His smile faded. "Not a problem. Ummm...call me...Dennis." Dennis was David's nickname in middle school. His basketball coach used to call him "Dennis The Menace" because of his fair head of hair and his tendency for trouble. The real David despised the name...his hologram didn't seem to mind it.

"I insist that the children call you that as well" she said.

"Logically." He replied, then rumpled N'Val's hair as the boy climbed up into Sevryll's lap and hugged her. She hugged him back.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Lt. Commander Sevryll
Chief Science Officer
USS Tiberius
http://www.treksf.com/forums/index.php?topic=1572.0
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

"...Starfleet has lost communication with their outpost and need us to find out what happen. We will arrive in six days. Any questions? "

No rest for the weary, Sevryll thought to herself. David always said that when he learned of an impending Section 31 mission. Until now, she hadn't thought of the truth of that statement.

"Have we been in contact with the Klingon Empire about our outpost?" Asked the Margon.

"An excellent question. If the Klingon Empire is not aware of this situation, they should be informed immediately. They too had settlers on Altair III, I am positive  they will want to investigate." Said Sevryll

Quinn nodded to Margon. "Yes. They are on their way now. We are to coordinate our investigation with them."
Lt. Commander Sevryll
Chief Science Officer
USS Tiberius
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

KingIsaacLinksr

Ensign Starstriker was disoriented from the white flash of light.  But what was more concerning was the fact that the captain was missing.  "What is going on?  We go to the Iconians for peace talks, now we're headed off on another assignment?  Something is definately off...." 

The captain of the vessel was now Commander Quinn and he was planning to have debrief the senior officers soon.  "A pity I can't listen in."  You cannot interfere, this is not your time, soon all will be revealed... Starstriker  sighed aloud.

But none of that mattered now, all that mattered was the next mission, which was leading them to the outpost.
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Jen

Although the Bajoran was not technically a crewmember, she was assigned to the ship by Starfleet Command to make sure that regulations were strictly followed. During its mission, the Tiberius would be involved in an unusual number of prickly, political deliberations. Starfleet brass wanted a starchy, straightlaced, law-lover to keep the interests of Starfleet at the forefront of the Captain's mind. Now that Captain Bell was missing, that person was Commander Quinn.

When the briefing had ended, and all but Lt. Commander Sevryll and Commander Quinn had left the room, Avrik Newol entered. She sidestepped the last of the senior staff as they left, and made her way to where the acting Captain stood.

"Commander," Avrik wore a warm, friendly smile as she nodded to Quinn and Sevryll. They greeted her in turn. Her smile shrank slightly as she continued. "I felt now was as good a time as any to share with you, the reason for my presence aboard the Tibirus. Before now, only Captain Bell and Admiral Talbot were privy to this information. Because of the unfortunate events of our last assignment, and now that you're acting Captain, I thought you should know."

"I know why you're here Lt." Quinn replied in his usual soft-spoken voice. "Starfleet gives us difficult assignments, but they want a spokesperson to micromanage our decisions."

"Micromanage?" Avrik's usual cheerful countenance was replaced by a furrowed frown. "Look Commander, I'm not here to hold your hand."

Quinn nodded and smiled. She was a quick-witted, albeit quick-tempered young woman. Yet her blend of duty and personality made him respect her.  "I like you Lt..." His response surprised Avrik. "But don't push your luck. You may be Starfleet's eyes and ears, but I'm still in command of this ship." He paused before continuing in a gentler tone, "I realize that you did not ask to be put in this situation. This is your first assignment on a Starship isn't it?" He walked around the end of the table to close the distance between he and Avrik.

"Yes it is Commander, though I can't say that I'm enjoying it much." She replied with a frown.

He laughed, "Neither am I. If you respect my authority as commander of this vessel, then I respect your assignment as my counsel."

"Of course Commander, I have no intention of brow beating you with Starfleet law. I'm just an advisor." Her smile had returned.

"I'm sure you're a good one Lt."

She nodded in response, then offered a hand to Quinn. "Thank you Commander." She replied.

------------------------------------------------------
Lieutenant Avrik Newol
Assistant Judge Advocate General
Starfleet Command
http://www.treksf.com/forums/index.php?topic=1591.0
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

The B'rel variant Bird of Prey resembled a bat'leth posed for combat, yet the Klingon vessel was there to help the Tiberius not to engage her.

"Hailing frequencies open Commander."
The captain's chair was positioned between Sevryll and Margon. Sevryll watched as Quinn rose from that seat to introduce himself to the Klingon vessel displayed on the viewscreen before them.

Avrik Newol stood behind her at the auxiliary station. It was the first time she had ever stepped foot on the bridge and she felt exhilarated. Quinn could feel her anticipation as he spoke aloud to the Captain of the Klingon ship.

"I am Commander Nathan Quinn, acting Captain of the USS Tiberius."
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

Quinn stood and faced the view screen. A very beautiful Klingon woman appeared on screen.

"I am Commander Nathan Quinn, acting Captain of the USS Tiberius."

The Klingon spoke " I am K'Renth, Captain of the Battle Cruiser Qutaa. Welcome to the Altair system. The Klingon Empire extends warm greetings and looks forward in assisting the Federation in its investigation.

"Thank you K'Renth, your assistance is welcomed. We will rendezvous in three hours at coordinates 3565.1", Quinn replied.

The Klingon smiled "Until we meet in person"

Quinn nodded and the screen went blank. Quinn turned to Sevryll with a smile.

"Well that was a little too pleasant, wasn't it? Captain K"Renth is not too pleased with her new assignment. I didn't need my telepathic abilities for that."

"Indeed" Sevryll replied

Quinn sat back down, " We need to prepare all stations. Something just doesn't feel right about this."

TBC

Commander Quinn
Acting Captain
USS Tiberius

Jen

The dust from the surface of Altair III mixed in the atmosphere to create a mass of swirling red clouds. The Tiberius maintained a stationary orbit with respect to the outpost on the planet's surface.

"Sir, sensors are indicating weapons fire within the outpost."
In a matter of seconds the image of K'Renth, captain of the Klingon Bird of Prey, appeared on the viewscreen.

"We are detecting a conflict below. I am preparing a landing party of my best warriors—we would be honored if you joined us in battle commander." She tossed her head up and revealed a vicious smile as she awaited his answer.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

moyer777

Margon motioned to Quinn to mute the communication.  He glanced at the communication station and then turned toward the counselor.  Yes Counselor?  He asked.

"I don't trust her sir" Margon cautioned.  He rubbed the ridge on his nose.  "We have no idea what her intentions are, and if what you are sensing is even half right, we could be in serious danger if we beam down there with them."

"Thank you Counselor" said Quinn,"I will take it under advisement, right now, I need to answer our Klingon friend."

"But Commander..."   

"I heard you Counselor" Margon was cut off by Quinn.

Quinn glanced again at the communication station and the microphone was turned back on...

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

"I heard you Counselor" Margon was cut off by Quinn.

Quinn glanced again at the communication station and the microphone was turned back on...

" We would be happy to join you, please send the coordinates to our transporter room."

K'Renth smiled and nodded then the screen went blank. Quinn turned toward his counselor.

"I apologize for my abruptness. I know K"Renth is up to something. She was getting suspicious of my silence. I had to answer her."

Counselor Margon smiled. " Do you know what she is hiding?"

"I don't, I tried to probe her thoughts but she has been trained in closing off her mind. Not many Klingons can do that."  Quinn replied.

Quinn turned to Sevryll, "Put together an awayteam and report to transporter room three. But number one, be very couscous. Things aren't as they seem.

"Aye Sir.. " replied the Vulcan and she headed toward the turbolift.

TBC

Commander Quinn
Acting Captain
USS Tiberius

Jen

"Ensign Enoch, you're with me." Enoch may not have been a security officer but he was decidedly Klingon, and his Starfleet profile indicated that he was particularly proficient in hand-to-hand combat. Aside from this fact, the purpose for his away team selection was simply the ensign's Klingon heritage.

For whatever reason, the commander and counselor were each suspicious of K'Renth. Sevryll claimed no fluency in "Klingon body language", and believed that Enoch could provide her with the insight she needed if the captain of the Quataa... was indeed hiding something.

Lt. Peters and Ensigns Manrique and Storm Shield met Sevryll and Enoch in Transporter Room One. Peters passed them each a phaser, as they all took their places on the transporter pad. The away team turned to face the Denobulan transporter chief, but before Sevryll could give him the go ahead to beam them to the surface, doctor Peterson rushed through the doors and into the Transporter room.

Lt. Commander Sevryll
Chief Science Officer/Acting First Officer
USS Tiberius
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

Quinn sat in the Captain's chair and waited for a report from the away team.

Helmsman said "Sir we are detecting a ship"

Quinn stood up 'What!!! Where did it come from?"

"I don't know sir, it wasn't there a minute ago, it must have been hiding in the near by nebula." said Ensign Logden

"Can you ID it Ensign?"

Ensign Logden ran her fingers across the helms panel. "No sir it's not any configuration in Starfleet records"

Lt. Nagumo over at the tactical station asked, "Should I raise shields Captain?"

Quinn looked over at him and shook his head, "We don't want to seem aggressive"

Lt. Nagumo looked concerned

Quinn paced the bridge and ran his fingers through his hair trying to sense the alien ship. "Try and hail them"

Lt. Nagumo yelled, "Sir, They are firing torpedoes "

Quinn yelled, "SHIELDS UP" and quickly pressed his comm. Badge "ALL HANDS BRACE FOR IMPACT.. I REPEAT ALL HANDS BRACE FOR IMPACT!!!!!

TBC

Commander Quinn
Acting Captain
USS Tiberius