• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Star Trek: Season 1 - Flash Point

Started by keozen, February 05, 2007, 04:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

Few Vulcans had the ability to exchange thoughts and memories through mind melds. Unlike her grandmother, Sevryll possessed this rare gift. The practice was an uncommon and intimate event involving no more than two individuals. She was not accustom to so many voices wrestling to be heard within her. Since the Cardassians, Klingons and Romulans joined the crowd, the link of cognizant voices, including her own, had increased to 15. The anger and confusion permeating from the other beings began to fuse within the Vulcan's mind, becoming a mass of disorder and chaos.

In reaction to the sudden deluge, she squeezed her eyes shut and shuddered; the sensation was like an unexpected plunge into an icy sea. The counselor's voice echoed in her mind, he was fairing much worse than she and Sevryll lacked the aptitude required to break through the torrent of turmoil that separated them from repose. They would require the help of an empath in order to manage the incursion of voices and emotions within them.  Though her eyes were closed she could perceive a flash of bright light. As she opened them, the brilliant sunlight caused her to squint. When her eyes adjusted to the new environment, she found herself standing among others, within a vast lush plain. She could see Commander Quinn several meters away, waving her over. She swallowed hard and jogged over to him.

"I don't know what just happened but we need to find the rest of the senior staff and gather up our crew. ::Quinn looked around:: Have them meet here by this tree."

Sevryll and Iblis found each of the Tiberius's senior officers and instructed them to converge at the designated area. Within thirty minutes the entire senior staff were gathered under the tree.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Lt. Commander Sevryll
Chief Science Officer
USS Tiberius
http://www.treksf.com/forums/index.php?topic=1572.0
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

iceman

I motioned for a nearby security officer, to help me make a makeshift stretcher to put the body of our comatose captains body on.

I briefly remembered my academy days and the words of one of my professors, who stated that despite all of our efforts and breakthroughs in medicine, their is so much about the human body and mind that we do not understand and sometimes all we can do is sit and wait.

Despite all my efforts the captains condition had not changed, he was physically in no danger, this was the part of my job that bothered me the most, not having the answers for something that did not seem possible. I could not wonder if man was really meant to be out hear, but our human nature pushes us to seek the unknown and to find the answers to our undying questions and curiosity unfortunately this curiosity of ours has often resulted in our own demise. I hoped that this would not be the case for us, or our captain.

the security officer helped me put the captains body on the stretcher and then we headed towards where the other senior officers were and I filled the commander in on the Captains condition. Then waited for the others to arrive.

Jen

Lt. Commander Severyll's children: N'Val and M'rynn
Somewhere within the Citadel.
----------------------------------------------------------
The white room surrounding N'val and M'rynn was unoccupied, save for one person. He was very big, very old and sat in a giant chair. M'rynn was afraid of him. Her brother N'val held onto her hand, he was afraid too, but something inside him made him stick his tongue out at the big, old man. N'val momentarily let go of M'rynn's hand to grab his little cheeks, pulling down so that the skin around his eyes revealed the pink area surrounding his eyeballs. He then scrunched his nose and growled as he inserted his little thumbs in the corners of his mouth and pulled back revealing his gums. M'rynn always hated it when he made that face...Maybe it would scare the man away. But he  laughed a big laugh instead and beckoned them over to him. M'rynn passionately shook her head.

"Rarrrr!" N'Val jumped with both feet towards the man, hoping to stop his laughing with the scary sound a Klingon boy had taught him. The big man's laugh only became louder until M'rynn released a high-pitched shriek that only little girls knew how to make. She held the scream for as long as her lungs could manage to push the air out. Then she took a breath and screeched again. Because he was so close, the sound made a weird noise in N'Val's ears. The old man put his hands over his own ears and made a face that told N'Val he was going to run away...But he didn't.

He stood up and M'rynn and N'val ran to find something to hide behind, but there was nothing— the room was empty. They huddled together against a wall as the big man stood over them.

"Such brave little children." He said in a deep voice.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Lt. Commander Sevryll
Chief Science Officer
USS Tiberius
http://www.treksf.com/forums/index.php?topic=1572.0
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

Quinn stood there surrounded by his senior staff and most of the crew of The Tiberius. Captain Bell laid beside him in the makeshift stretcher unconscious. He was about to speak when suddenly he heard some yelling from across the lawn. Next thing he knew the Klingons were fighting the Cardassians, the Romulans were fighting the Ferengi, and Chaos broke out over the fields. Quinn looked at his crew.

"We must protect the civilians", Quinn ordered

As the fighting continued there was a bright flash of light. The next thing Quinn knew was that he and his entire senior staff were standing on the bridge of the Tiberius.

"What just happened??" Asked Servyll

"I don't know." Quinn said as he looked around for the Captain.

"Where's Captain Bell?" Quinn pressed his comm. Badge " Computer please account for the entire crew.

"All crew are present except for Captain Bell" the computer replied.

Before Quinn could say anything the view screen came on, everyone on the bridge turned and stared. It was all white with this white figure completely draped in a white cloak. He spoke.

"My children it saddens me that you are not ready for this journey. Your hatred for each other blinds you to the truth of life. In time we will summon you again to take this journey with us, but this is not the time. Go in peace my children and remember enlightenment comes only when one's soul is at rest with the world. Farwell my children"

There was a loud crack and The Tiberius was thrown through space. Second later it came to rest.

"Report Ensign Iblis" Quinn said

"Sir we are back in the Alpha Quadrant near the delvian sector."  Iblis replied

"Set a course for Starbase 157, I'll be in the Captain's ready room. I need to contact Starfleet. Commander Servyll you have the bridge.

TBC

Commander Quinn
First Officer
USS Tiberius

OOC – I made up the Delvian sector and Starbase 157, Captain Bell will be gone for a while so it's just us. Just have fun with the story. I'm not going to direct where this storyline goes. We are going to Starbase 157 let's see what happens before we get there. Everyone will just build on the other's post. Stories will take twist and turns that you did not foresee or plan. Just go with the flow and will see how things work out and remember just have fun. Thanks.

moyer777

Margon felt a scratchy wet sensation on his nose.  He slowly opened his eyes and Mr. Mouse meowed and nudged him.  "What the?..." Margon said sitting up quickly.  His head was instantly clear and his thoughts seemed to be his own now.  The last thing he remembered was standing in a field with his fellow crewmates in the Iconian test. He rubbed Mr. Mouses ears and touched his com badge.  "Counselor Margon to Captain Bell..." there was a slight hesitation and then Commander Quinn's voice came over..."Counselor, this is Quinn, the Captain's not on the ship."  he said.  "Oh my," the counselor responded, "Where is he then?" 
"I'll let you in on the details as soon as I get them" said Quinn.
I would suspect we will be meeting soon?" Margon asked.
"Yes," Commander Quinn said, "I've just spoken to Star Fleet Headquarters, there will be a breifing soon.  Are you OK counselor? 

"Yes, I think I'm fine.  The telapathic linkd I shared with the Dr, and Sevyrll seems to have been severed."  Margon said as he rubbed the ridge on his nose.  "My head hurts a little, but nothing I can't handle, let me know when we are meeting, Margon out" 

He got up off the floor and looked around his quarters.  Everything was back in it's place excpet for his couch.  Someone lay unconscious with a blanket strewn across their body.  "A house guest I suppose" the counselor slowly approached the couch and heard what appeared to be... yes, snoring!  The Cat was now on the back of the couch batting at the blanket as it heaved up and down to the sound of the snoring.  "Stop it Mr. Mouse," the counselor said sternly.. he reached down and pulled back the blanket only to find....

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Jen

"Computer, this is Lt. Commander Sevryll. Are my children aboard?" Asked Vulcan asked as she slowly rose from the Captain's chair.

"N'val and Myrnn are currently on Deck two, Cabin 5." They were in her quarters, but were they alone?

"Where is the Betazoid, Troleen"?

The computer's soothing female voice replied calmly, "Charlong Troleen is not aboard the Tiberius."

Had she been correct in her assumption that the retired teacher, who had briefly served as the children's caretaker, was some how involved in the Iconian scheme? She called out to Lt. Peters.

"Lt., I'm going to speak with Commander Quinn. You have the bridge."

"Aye," replied Lt. Peters. He stepped around to the Captain's chair as Sevryll activated the ready room's door chime.

Peters hesitated a moment before  easing himself into Bell's Command Chair. It felt improper to be sitting there in the Captain's seat. Captain Bell should be here. Shouldn't they be looking for him?! They ought to go back to that place with a heavily armed security detail. They could take him back by force! He sat on the edge of the seat, incapable of relaxing. Peters watched his hands as he slowly lowered them down upon the armrests. He gripped them hard as he lifted his gaze to watch the view screen's display of streaking stars.

"Enter," came Commander Quinn's tired voice. Sevryll stepped into the darkened room and found Quinn's silhouette seated on the floor in front of the view port; his head was bowed and hands were resting upon his crossed legs. She had interrupted his meditation.

"I apologize for the interruption Commander."

"Not at all. What is it that you need?" He asked quietly. The shadows concealed his expression as he turned his face towards Sevryll.

"Are the Iconians holding the Captain hostage?" Like most Vulcans she was always right to the point.

"...I don't know." He replied. He motioned for her to sit.

She sat down on the couch near Quinn, who remained seated on the floor. "Commander, forgive me for being...forward...but I must ask. Why are we going to Starbase 157? Could we not call for assistance and go back to search for the captain?" It was a rare thing to sense tension in a Vulcan. He had felt emotions coming from Sevryll several times in recent days. She had been under a great deal of pressure...they all had.

"What good would that do?" His voice never rose above a gentle whisper. "We were at the mercy of the Iconians—an insect, which has been flicked back to the Alpha Quadrant."

He was right. At the time, they could not even manage to remain in the same room for more than an hour before Iconians instantly transported them to another location.

She looked down at the shadowy outlines of her fingers. The were woven tightly together, her cupped hands were held palms up in her lap.  She quietly replied, "you are right Commander..." They were silent for a moment before Quinn picked up where she had left off.

"The crew is distressed. I can hear their frustrations echoing in my mind."

Sevryll shifted her eyes from her hands to Quinn. He closed his eyes and drew a breath. "What could we have done?" His voice trailed off before he opened his eyes and slowly stood up from his seated position. Sevryll kept her seat as she watched him rise.

"Nothing....," she answered. There was a hint of sadness in her voice.

Silence came once more before Quinn change the subject.

"The caretaker, Troleen...he's gone?" He asked flatly. Her thoughts were held too close to the surface.

"Yes. The children are aboard, but they are alone. I would like to go to them. I have not meditated for several days. The effects of the relic were quite powerful and the stress of the situation has made it difficult to suppress my emotions. If it is acceptable, I respectfully request permission to be relieved of duty for the evening."

END OF SEASON 1
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast