• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Star Trek: Season 2 - Gathering

Started by Geekyfanboy, March 31, 2007, 10:30:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RicSantiago

Ensign Morgen was itching to correct all those who were calling him "Morgan" instead of "Morgen". But he kept a firm grip on himself, blaming the confusion on this anomalous  explosion of similar names. The ship's counselor was Margon, the bartender last name was also Margon and there was yet another ensign "Morgan" (first name Rayne). But this crew had more important things to be concerned with.

The repairs were the priority—the sensors more so than the propulsion. The Acamarian ship's sensors could be useful in complementing the Tiberius', which were down. The sensors could also assist the away team.

As he concentrated on the puzzle of allocating resources, he heard the hail and then the order  "Attention, this is captain Chorgan! We will be approaching your orbit on a small vessel! Do not fire! We managed to steal a transport  since you incompetents did not send us one as I requested. Prepare the shuttle bay! We will be docking soon. "

Morgen realized that he had very little time to  grab the opportunity to accomplish what Commander Quinn was attempting at the surface. Destiny had served him a good hand and he had better place his bet wisely. No time for consultations. He grabbed the communicator and snapped: "Ensign Rodgers, go to the deposit 3 and grab 10 canisters of BZ gas and bring them to environment control room of the starboard level 5." – "Ensign Starstriker, reduce atmospheric pressure of starboard shuttle bay, we will be filling it with BZ gas"

------------------- 15 minutes later -------------------

Lt Comdr Sevryll and Counselor Margon were still on the Tiberius ready room, discussing courses of action, when the chime interrupted them.

=/\= Bridge to Sevryll, relaying message from Ensign Morgen  =/\=

"Commander Sevryll, I am glad to report that we have Chorgan and his team under our control here."

"What? What you mean, they were on the surface?" The surprise raised Sevryll's voice just one pitch which,  for a Vulcan, was like screaming.

"We received a communication that they had stolen a transport ship and that they were almost here. They then asked to land on our shuttle bay. I am sorry that I did not consult you before I acted on my own; there was no time to spare. We flooded the shuttle bay with a sleep gas that I found in their deposit. We raised the pressure inside the bay to 2 atmospheres of the mixture, so that when they opened their hatch inside, the gas would flow in and put everyone to sleep before they could disembark."

Sevryll and Margon looked at each other: "Well, ... that was not what I was planning, but..."

PepperDude

Security officer ensign Johnny Manrique, Dr. Peterson and Mattack didn't take the direct route towards the bar on their search for a communicator.  They first headed in the opposite direction so that they would have less chance of meeting any of the Gathers. Manrique noticed a small Packled transport ship, docked in a makeshift bay. The unsafe docking bay belonged to one of the many small, struggling entrepreneurs of the Dessica II. "People have to make a living somehow, even if it doesn't meet interplanetary standards," thought the young ensign. After having walked along the degraded and what Manrique perceived as decadent streets, the trio could finally see the rear entrance of the bar they had been in.  When suddenly they heard a loud explosion that rocked the ground.

"What was that?!" asked the doctor.  The security officer looked around and could see in the distance that the main docking bay was on fire. That was where Chorgan had been left unconscious. Manrique glanced at Dr. Peterson. They looked at each other with surprise; then ensign rapidly changed to a contented look. The security officer was no where near disappointed at the prospect of Chorgan's death.

"Who caused that to happen?" asked the doctor.

"K'Renth blood oath. It seems that the Klingons are here too doctor," answered Mattock. "Let's go into the bar now. We can use the explosion as an excuse to get a communicator and get out of here."

The three men began to walk into the garbage filled alley, when suddenly they saw Acamarians coming out of the rear exit of the bar. One of them was Chorgan. Manrique's face was one of disbelief as he pushed the other two men between piles of old rusting, stinky plastic containers. "Wait a minute. . .wasn't he supposed be unconscious in the docking bay?" asked Manrique as he looked at the doctor.

"Yes. I gave him more than enough sedatives to keep him unconscious."

"Chorgan must have taken some drugs beforehand that quickly counter-acted the sedative's effects. He may be mad, but his paranoia served him well today."

The security officer grabbed the phaser from his small trouser pocket. He was only going to use it if it was necessary. He did not want to go against a group of armed Acamarians . Manrique noticed that they were heading towards the Packled ship. "They're going to get away in that ship. They'll override the security lock in no time," said Mattock. Manrique looked at the doctor expectantly, wanting him to authorize a plan to stop the Gather leader. The doctor could sense and see Johnny's wishes.

"Very well ensign. Now that the danger on the ground has dissipated, I'll allow you trail Chorgan with one condition."

"What's that?" asked Manrique excitedly.

"That Mattaock goes with you. I will not let you go alone," said the doctor who had the expectant look in his eyes this time. His eyes were on Mattock. The Acamarian nodded his head.  "Very well. I will stay here and look for the Klingons and for Commander Quinn." Said the doctor "I can sense that he's here. Once I find them, I will let them know what happened. Hopefully, you'll be able to neutralize Chorgan and his followers, before they can get away. At the very least, try to send a message to the Tiberius for assistance.  Now hurry; you don't have much time."

"Yes sir," exclaimed Manrique.

The ensign and Mattock briskly, yet silently, made their way to within 15 meters of the Packled ship. They noticed one of Chorgan's henchmen working on a panel in an effort to disable the ship's security lock. In less than 30 seconds, the henchman had succeeded. The big, thick, rectangular rear hatch slowly slid open. Chorgan went inside first; his posse followed. Manrique nimbly began to move toward the hatch and with his hand, motioned Mattock to follow him. When he got to the entrance, he peered inside. He noticed that in front of him was a door and to his right was a small passageway which led to the main control room. There were no Acamarians in sight and he quickly opened the door. The room was actually a small storage room. There were clothes and other personal belongings of Packled taste. Manrique went inside and Mattack followed him.

Within minutes, Manrique could feel the small vibrations of the ship's engine coming online. The ship took flight seconds later.

Johnny surmised that the ship was going to to dock inside the Acamarian ship. He wondered how far they would get though since the Tiberius was already in orbit. Who knows, maybe the Tiberius had already neutralized Chorgan's ship. Perhaps the Klingons had destroyed it. However, one couldn't underestimate a fighter like Chorgan. Manrique's best chance for mission success and his survival was to wait for the ship to dock, wait for the Acamarians to disembark and then send a message to the Tiberius through the communication system. At least, that's what Johnny Manrique thought.

Finally, Manrique could feel the ship docking. He heard the Acamarians laugh and chuckle with joy and satisfaction. They had after all escaped from the Klingons and found their way safely to their ship. The security officer didn't hear Chorgan among the merry Acamarians. He heard the exit hatch open but immediately heard a rush of air seep through the entrance. Then noticed white, fast moving air go through  the slits of the storage room door. The white gas filled the room within seconds; within a few seconds more, Manrique sat on the floor, closed his eyes, heard Mattack say "What's this?!" and then said "Unconscious. . .not again. . ." The security officer succumbed to the sleeping gas.

Jen

Sevryll and Margon looked at each other, "that was not what I was planning, but your course of action is to be commended Ensign." said the Vulcan. "How many occupants did the craft contain?"

"Five. Four Acamarian Gathers and one of our missing officers: Ensign Manrique. A sensor sweep found Manrique and one of the Acamarians hidden in the cargo area. They were uninjured."

"Please prepare a suitable detention area for the Acamarians. Additional security officers are on their way to assist in their confinement. Because our transporters are offline, I will be deploying two shuttle craft to rendezvous with you. Be careful Ensign, Chorgan is a treacherous individual. All necessary precautions should be taken where he is concerned."   

"Understood Commander, Morgen out."

Chorgan's equilibrium failed as he stumbled over to inspect the barrier that surrounded him. The affects from the gas that had incapacitated him an hour before still clung on, dulling and disorienting him like a bad hang-over. As he tripped over his uncooperative feet, his hands instinctively stretched out to meet the containment field. A moderate charge surged through him and he cried out. Yet it was not pain that caused his howl—it was a sudden eruption of rage. He fiercely attacked the field like a wild animal. Energy arched and popped as he clawed futilely at the makeshift cell that contained him. After ten minutes, exhaustion finally overtook him and he sank to his knees in resignation. He released a pittifully hoarse moan as he purposely hit his head against the floor over and over again. The three security officers assigned to guard his containment cell relaxed....somewhat.

K'Renth drove her blade deep into the Acamarian who  attacked her. She could not see the man's face but his eyes shone in the dark with the light from the near by bar. They held hers—his eyelids flickering with shock before his shadowy form slid down toward the ground. K'Renth kicked her opponent backwards then turned to watch as Quinn fought against a second coward.  The Klingon stood back, allowing the Federation Officer the honor of defeating his own foe. When Quinn's assailant fell lifelessly to the ground K'Renth motioned him toward the tavern where the sounds of yet another struggle emanated.

"Our crewmen are in there!" said Quinn as he ran toward the entrance.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

"Our crewmen are in there!" said Quinn as he ran toward the entrance.

He entered the tavern and looked around at all the chaos. People were fighting, chairs were flying and the sound of glass breaking could be heard all over the place. Quinn noticed his crew in the corner fighting and made his way over to them, shoving people out of his way.

"We need to get out of here.. now" Quinn yelled as he led his crewmen out of the tavern. Once outside Quinn saw K'Renth and her crew battling some of the Acamarians.

"Get your people out of here Captain.. We can handle this." K'Renth yelled as her Bat-lath sliced through another Acamarian.

Quinn and his group turned to leave when he saw Dr. Peterson come out of an alley. "Doctor!!! " Quinn yelled. Dr Peterson turned and looked but continued to walk away. Quinn yelled again "Doctor Peterson". Peterson turned again with a confused look on his face and scanned the area trying to locate who called his name. Quinn stood there looking puzzled as to why Dr. Peterson was ignoring his calls. Suddenly he remembers their disguises. Quinn ran up to the Doctor who took a defensive stance...

"Doctor it's me, Commander Quinn", the Naussican said with a smile.

You could see the relief come over Doctor Peterson face. "Where is Ensign Manrique? Quinn asked quickly.

"He's with Mattack"... "Mattack, who is Mattack?", Quinn replied.

Doctor Peterson started to explain when phaser fire shot overhead. "Everyone take cover" Quinn yelled. The group scattered and everyone pulled out there phasers to turn fire.

Quinn pressed his comm badge =/\= Commander Quinn to Lt. Peters... Go ahead Commander... Lt. we are under attack and outmanned, we can use some assistants... Aye sir,  transporters are down but will get down there as soon as we can.. Peters out =/\=

A few minutes later the Acamarians were caught in cross fire as Lt. Peters and his team approached from behind the attackers. A few moments of phaser fire and the fighting was over. The surviving Acamarians surrendered and laid down their weapons, Lt. Peters and his crew rounded everyone up.

Quinn walked over to Lt. Peters, "Thank you Lt. for coming to our rescue".

"Anytime Commander.. you know you look pretty good as a Naussican" , Peters said with a smile. Quinn rolled his eyes. "Thanks"

Suddenly one of the Acamarians broke lose and pulled a phaser from his ankle and fired it directly at Commander Quinn. Lt. Peters jumped in front of Commander Quinn taking the full phaser hit to the chest. Several security officers fired on the Acamarian and killed him. Quinn bent down and took Lt. Peters in his arms. "Rhys.. Rhys..  ". Doctor Peterson came running over as Quinn picked up Lt. Peters and headed toward the shuttle craft.

iceman

While carrying Lt Peters to the shuttle, Dr. Peterson was hit from Stray Phaser fire, Disregarding the pain he pushed on to get the injured Lt. To the safety of the shuttle.

Dr. Petersons face was grim as he looked at the unconscious Lt. Peters he barked some orders at some nearby security officers. Once on board the shuttlecraft he began to work furiously, but he realized he was losing the fight.

He muttered under his breath, about the barbaric weapons the Arcadians used and gave Lt. Peters a Sedative and Pain Medication.

Realizing their was nothing more he could do for Lt. Peters, he gave the grave news to the captain.

I am sorry Captain, But those dam Arcadian weapons make it impossible for me to stop his bleeding his very life depends on how fast we can get him back to the ship, But I am not sure if he will survive that long.

I have made him comfortable and placed him in a medical Stasis Field, to buy us some time, and have an emergency surgeon standing by.

The captain noticed a pool of blood forming at the doctors feet  and put his hand out to steady the doctor. He felt his feet give way from beneath him and then he was surrounded in darkness...

PepperDude

"So put us all to sleep didn't you?" asked ensign Johnny Manrique though he said it as a statement.

"Yes I did. You probably liked it considering everything you've been through. By the way, what were you doing with that Acamarian in that cargo room?" asked ensign Morgen as he pointed at Mattack laying unconscious on a metallic bed.

"Oh, that's Mattack. He was the Gathers' second-in-command. He turned against Chorgan." Johnny described everything that happened on the planet surface. Similarly, Morgen told Manrique commander Quinn's plans, preparations and actions on the Tiberius and the planet.

"So the kid is safe now. I wonder if he knows what kind of father he has?" wondered Manrique.

"He doesn't really know. But I tell  you this, K'Renth will not be happy about what has transpired." said Mattack as he stood up. Morgen was a little  apprehensive about the Acamarian's apparent sudden awakening. Manrique turned to face Mattack and told him, "You mean the blood oath? I'm sure she's having a lot of fun right now. She doesn't know Chorgan is here and certainly does not know where the boy is."

"She will want at least Chorgan," said the Daa'Vit knowing from his warrior race's contentious history with the Klingons.

The security officer gave Morgen an understanding glance. The captain was in a predicament right now. Lieutenant commander Sevryll wasn't going to give Chorgan to K'Renth since he had to face the Federation's justice system. On the other hand, the Klingon did have a legitimate claim on Chorgan.

"Well it's too bad we got him first isn't it?" said Manrique sarcastically. Manrique could care less whether Chorgan were in Federation custody or had a Klingon bat'leth pierce his heart—all he'd ever cared about was neutralizing him as a threat to others.

/\"Ensign Morgen, this is Lt. Commander Sevryll. I need you to send Chorgan aboard the Tiberius. This will help in preventing the Klingons from possibly attacking you."/\

/\"Right away M'am. I'll have ensign Manrique take care of that."/\

/\"Very well. Tell ensign Manrique it's good to hear he's fine."/\

"Well, Manrique, you haven't seen the last of Chorgan. Get him off this ship for our safety. You do feel up to it right?" asked Morgen playfully.

"But of course Morgen, I mean Sir. . . I can't wait until I'm in charge next time. Then I'll get a chance to ask you silly questions too."

----

Manrique and Mattack went to the holding cell where Chorgan was contained. The security officer had reluctantly agreed to let Mattack see Chorgan one last time. Chorgan would probably have a fit but Johnny could handle him. At least that is what he thought.

"Traitor! How could betray me. . .our cause!?" Chorgan screamed at Mattack.

"You're mad Chorgan. Because of that you wouldn't understand. I'll just tell you that you were not helping our cause by killing Federation citizens."

"You ungrateful. . ."

"Quiet! You're coming with me," interrupted Manrique assertively. The force field was lowered and two other security officers tied Chorgan's hands. They motioned him to walk out of the cell in front of them. He went past Manrique but stopped in front of Mattack and then resumed his rambling. Chorgan tried to butt head the other Acamarian but failed as Mattack pushed him away.

"Mattack may have a point Chorgan. You can't seem to control yourself. Mattack, stay here; I don't want any more problems. I'll take him" said Manrique. He and another security officer grabbed Chorgan by the arm and pushed him out of the room.

On their way to the ship, Chorgan intermittently continued his ramblings. As Manrique was about to board the shuttle craft, Chorgan disappeared; he had been beamed out of the ship. The other security officer looked at Manrique incredulously. "Mattack!" yelled Manrique. "Let's go get him."

The security officers sprinted back to the holding cell and they found Mattack composedly walking toward them. The Federation officers drew out their phasers and pointed them at Mattack.

"Stop right there," Manrique ordered Mattack. "Tie him up," he told the other security officer. "You slipped a tracking device on Chorgan! That's why you wanted to see him again didn't you. Then you contacted the Klingon ship just a few moments ago. Why'd you turn over Chorgan to the Klingons Mattack? Answer me or you'll regret it. . ." exclaimed Manrique though Federation rules prevented him from making Mattack regret his actions. He certainly wished he could beat him senseless right now. He made Manrique look like an amateur.  The young security officer was in reality inexperienced. He had placed too much trust in the older and more cunning Acamarian. He could almost hear Lt. Commander Sevryll reprimanding him in that composed Vulcan manner. Johnny could even beat himself senseless right now.

"Chorgan is not the man he used to be. He's gone mad. I can't stand to see him that way anymore. In spite of the killing he's done and all the harm he's recently caused for our cause, he is still a man worthy of respect.  He was an honorable man and I can't allow for him to further deteriorate and die like a deranged animal in a Federation prison. K'Renth will give him the chance to die with dignity. I apologize for any trouble this will cause you."

"'Die with dignity'. . .'I apologize'. . .just shut your mouth! You Acamarians. . ." said the exasperated security officer. On this day, Johnny Manrique wasn't get to get over the feeling that he had miserably failed in getting his task done.

Geekyfanboy

Peterson and Quinn quickly carried Lt. Peters to the shuttlecraft. The rest of the crew boarded and they took off from the planet's surface.  Quinn could see Doctor Peterson working feverishly over Lt. Peters.

Quinn turned to the shuttlecraft pilot. "How soon will we arrive on Tiberius"? "Will be there in 2 minutes sir." Replied the pilot.

Doctor Peterson walked over to Quinn, "I am sorry Captain, But those dam Arcadian weapons make it impossible for me to stop his bleeding, his very life depends on how fast we can get him back to the ship, But I am not sure if he will survive that long."

Quinn nodded "we'll get there in two minutes"

Doctor Peterson continued "I have made him comfortable and placed him in a medical Stasis Field, to buy us some time, and have an emergency surgeon standing by."

"Very good Doctor", but Quinn noticed a pool of blood forming at the doctor's feet and put his hand out to steady him. The Doctor passed out.

"Doctor, Doctor", Quinn said in surprise. As he lifted him onto a biobed and started to examine his body looking for the source of all this blood. Quinn turned the doctor over and notice the phaser burn on his right shoulder. He grabbed a tricorder and scanned him.

"Sir we have reached the ship," said the pilot quickly. Quinn turned to his crew, "Prepare to take Doctor Peterson and Lt. Peters to sick bay immediately"

The shuttle docked and the doors opened. Quinn grabbed Lt. Peters stretcher with Ensign Douglas and exited the shuttle as quick as possible. Moments later they entered sickbay and transferred Lt. Peters and Doctor Peterson onto biobeds. Several doctors and nurses surrounded them and began their work.

Nurse Chow came over to Quinn and gently grabbed his arm. "Sir if you will follow me, we can get you back to normal" Quinn looked at her with a puzzled look but then remembered that he had been altered. He followed her to a biobed and noticed the other altered crewmen being changed back. A few minutes passed and Quinn felt his face as Nurse Chow said she was done. Quinn stood and walked over to where the team was working on Doctor Peterson and Lt. Peters.

Doctor Reed approached Quinn. "Sir Doctor Peterson will be okay. He lost a fair amount of blood but we have stabilized him and he will recover in a few hours." Her face then turned grave, "But there is nothing we can do for Lt. Peters, the damage is to severe and he has lost to much blood, I'm sorry Captain."

Quinn walked over to Lt. Peters and took his hand. Peters' eyes opened slowly and he spoke quietly "Captain, I'm sorry", Quinn smiled "Sorry, sorry for saving my life, Rhys you have nothing to be sorry for. I couldn't have asked for a better Chief of Security... and friend". Lt. Peters smiled then coughed, "Thank you Cap....Nathan for believing in me, for giving me a chance when most others would have turned there back on me. Quinn squeezed Lt. Peters hand, "Please Rhys.. just rest and save your strength". Peters was fading in and out of consciousness, "Sir...... could you please...... take care of........Phil and Grant." Quinn smiled as his throat constricted and was unable to speak so he gave him a nod. Lt. Peters hand gave Quinn's hand one last squeeze before relaxing and falling to his side. A tear fell from Quinn's eye as he bent down and kissed Rhys's forehead "Goodbye my friend".

Jen

Though the crew of the Tiberius had not served with one another for an extensive amount of time; a series of tragedies brought them closer together. Each painful event, wove its dense fibers into another fragment of the fabric known as character.

Its been said that tragedies alter loosely fit crews and remodel lackluster vessels.  This was especially true of the Tiberius, for the vessel, intended for exploration, was now the inviting home of a tightly knit family.

Sevryll and Margon could feel the swell of grief that threatened to burst through the doors of sickbay and engulf the crew of Tiberius, but Quinn's quiet strength captured the flood of emotion and swallowed it down like bitter elixir. The rush to sickbay slowed as Margon and Sevryll approached the place where Commander Quinn stood in solemnity. The two drew near as Quinn moved his hand over Peters' unseeing eyes—closing them forever. Peters had been like a brother to Quinn and now he was gone.  All the Vulcan could offer her friend was her presence, as he bent to kiss Peter's forehead. The counselor's hand gently gripped Quinn's shoulder in support and the three of them stood at Peters' side for some time before Margon's gentle voice broke the silence:

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

moyer777

Quinn turned and wiped a tear from his cheek, "Counselor, if that is the case then he was the best friend a man could have"

Margon looked into Quinn's eyes and tried to comfort him.  He could tell that Commander Quinn was touched, but he could also see the courage in his eyes as well.  He was cut out for space, and he was a fighter.  This was where he shined, and this was where his friends were.  Lt. Peters had paved the way for this man to continue the exploration, to boldy go and find the new worlds and civilizations that beckoned to be found.

All the same though, no one likes death, especially when it comes too soon.  Especially when it seperates friends.

The counselor gently spoke to Quinn, "Could I arrange for the memorial sir?" 

"Of course Counselor" said the acting Captain.  There was a long silent pause, Quinn raised his head, took a deep breath and fought back a sob, and then grabbed his forehead.  Choking down the emotion he said, "I'll be in my quarters"

Sevryll said nothing.  She looked at the counselor with an eyebrow raised as Quinn walked out of sick bay.

"In his quarters?" she inquired.

"Yes, he needs some time to collect his emotions Commander.  I would imagine he is feeling things much deeper with his Betazoid senses.  They were very close."

"I understand that Mr. Margon, It's just that we need to debrief..."  the counselor cut her off-
"Sevyrll, it will be ok.  There will be plenty of time to figure out this whole mess, he needs his space, so let's give it to him.

On a Vulcan ship they would have grieved differently.  Oh, they would have felt the loss, but not in an uncontrolled way.  They would have immersed themselves in work, which Sevyrll was desperate to do.  They would have spent time meditating and stopping themselves from feeling the pain of loss.   But this was a federation starship with many species on board, most of which had raw untamed emotions.  The whole crew would react differently than Sevyrll and she knew that.  She appreciated the Counselors patience.

The counselor continued, "After the captain makes the announcement to the crew,  I will inform them of  Lt. Peters memorial. In the meantime I will need to find our holodeck intendent.  He should be able to help me get some images and personal things from Lt. Peters quarters."

"Understood Counselor"  Sevryll paused for a moment and looked at the Bolian.  "Thank you counselor"  she said.

"For what?"

"Your presence and demeanor has brought a stability to a very unfortunate situation."  her eyebrow raised again.

The Counselor tried to smile, but it just didn't seem appropriate.  "Glad to have helped Commander, it's my job"

They both turned to walk out of the room, but as they walked through the door, they both turned their head to look one last time at the lifeless Lt. on the sick bay bed.  The counselors eyes fell to the floor and Sevryll's brow tightened.  The door made it's "Swish" sound behind them...

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Jen

Acting First Officer's Log, Star Date stardate 530871.5.

It has been approximately four months since we embarked upon our first assignment. Immediately after leaving Starbase 514, the Tiberius was forcefully set upon a path of chaos. Yet the crew has persisted in spite of its misfortunes, and they carry on despite the unexpected loss of Captain Bell. Though their resolve perseveres, it is apparent to me the Captain's absence has weighed heavily upon them—especially Commander Quinn. It is my summation that he blames himself for the Captain's disappearance.

It is essential that I mention that in the face of tragedy, the Commander continues to serve with distinction. Yet, I am concerned that our latest bereavement may have pressed upon him a stress too great to bear. This conclusion shall be reserved for Counselor Margon to draw, as this is his area of expertise and not my own. I will discuss my observation with him when the opportunity presents itself.

I called upon Doctor Peterson this afternoon— It was most agreeable to see him. Though he still occupies a bio bed in sickbay, his disposition is jovial. I find this odd. In our four months of service together, he has never presented himself as especially good-humored. He recited several stories, in a matter of minutes, that included what humans refer to as... punch lines. My husband is human and revels in the telling of these stories called jokes. Why some species insist on futile attempts, to make Vulcans laugh, escapes me. Perhaps it is a challenge they cannot avoid. Still, the doctor's recent development of a sense of humor is intriguing. Perhaps the abduction has altered his disposition, but I have served among other species long enough to recognize that humor is not an emotion which typically follows such a trauma. Again, this assessment should be reserved for Counselor Margon. It seems he has much work to do. I hope the secondary counselor will be of some help to him.

In closing, I must add that I have the utmost respect for the crew of the Tiberius...they have endured much and continue to carry on with dignity and honor. It is a privilege to serve along side them.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

Acting First Officer's Log, Supplemental:

The science officers, left on Altair III, have completed their forensic investigation and we are now on our way to collect them before returning to Starfleet Command to present our evidence.

The Acamarian child, recovered from the Gather vessel, has recovered fully from his injuries. It is unclear at the moment, if he participated in these massacres. He claims that he fought along side his father, but Mattock, the Gatherer and second in command, has indicated that the boy attended, yet was not allowed to join the adults. Apparently, the son of Chorgon was not yet old enough. The boy fervently denies this, but I believe Mattock. Currently, the boy is under Counselor Margon's care. I have noticed that he is not a particularly well-mannered child, yet his life has been difficult, it is not unexpected that his behavior should reflect this fact.

Chorgan, the leader of the Acamarian Gathers, father of the boy in question and Captain of the vessel we commandeered, escaped Federation justice... Instead of standing trial with his men, he has succumbed to a Klingon blood-oath. He was transported off his vessel and onto the Klingon ship, by his treacherous second in command. An hour later, his body was detected floating away from the Battle Cruiser. It seems K'Renth's son, who was yet another victim of the Gathers, has been avenged.

Captain K'Renth has requested that the boy be given to her. At first we believed that she intended to kill the child, but Chief Engineer K'arath and Ensign Enoch have informed us that under such circumstances... it is not uncommon for a Klingon to adopt an enemy's offspring. The two Klingon Federation Officers called attention to the fact that the boy is of a warrior race. Perhaps it is best that he is given an opportunity to temper his rash Acamarian blood with Klingon Honor. Commander Quinn has been considering K'Renth's request— he promised the Klingon that he will come to a decision within the hour.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

moyer777

Comander Quinn sat staring out at the stars as Counselor Margon attempted to comfort him.

"You did fine on the ship wide announcement Nathan", said the Bolian, "you had compassion but authority.  It's going to be ok."

Quinn glanced back at Margon,"I gave him this job Counselor, I have given many orders and assignments, but this one, well, it wasn't supposed to happen that way."

Margon crinkled his nose and rubbed the ridge on his forehead, "It's never supposed to happen.  None of it makes sense, but one thing is for sure.  He went out fighting.  That is how he wanted it.  And he saved you from certain death.  I think Rhys would be pleased with his sacrifice.  You have a lot to do yet acting Captain."

"I suppose so", said Quinn.  "Now what is it that you wanted to talk about?

Margon cleared his throat and said his peace, "Starfleet Command wants to make sure you are ready for this.  Losing someone close to you during your command is hard, especially on a Betazoid.- no offense.

Quinn smiled loosely, "none taken- go on Counselor"

"I'm supposed to give you the green light in your new position.  I have to assure them that you are capable and mentally ready for the next mission."  he pulled out a  data pad.  "physically you're fine, how are you really doing Nathan?"

The Commander looked directly in the counselors eyes-"I'm still mad Counselor, I won't lie to you, but part of the healing will take place when we get on to what we are all out here to do.  So to answer your question, I am ok, I just need some closure.  I keep getting this feeling that I'll see him again"

"What? " inquired Margon, "see him again?  Is this your El Aurian side kicking in?  Nathan you are complicated!  Is it your denial or your gift?

Commander Quinn shuddered and very matter of factly said "It's not denial Counselor, I know he is dead, it's just a feeling, I get those sometimes.  I have accepted what happened.  I'm ready to move on."

That is all that Margon needed.   "Nathan, prepare some words for the memorial.   If it does what it supposed to do, you will have the closure you need.   I am going to meet Ensign Pedro in Rhys' quarters, we have some significant work ahead of us if we are going to make the memorial on holodeck 2 at 1900 hours."  The Bolian touched Quinn's shoulder "I think it would be good for you to clear your head back at Earth Commander, while the ship is being repaired.   Now, get to work and inspire us, you knew him best."

Margon got up and made his way to the door.  "You always know what to say Mr. Quinn.  You can do this."

Ensign Pedro Gorjano, the Bajoran holodeck intendant met Counselor Margon in Lt. Rhys Peters quarters.  The walls were lined with weapons of every shape and size.  It was sparse as far as furniture was concerned with a com station and data desk at the back of the quarters.

What surprised both of the them was a kitchen.  Yes, a kitchen unit was to the right of the data desk, complete with a sink, food replication unit and several cooking utensils dangling from the hangers above the sonic stove.  The counselor hadn't known Rhys's love for cooking and was surprised that the chief of security would be into recipes.  But here it was nonetheless.

Ensign Pedro sat down at the data desk and spoke, "Computer, access personal files, Lt. Rhys Peters"

"Voice identification not recognized, request denied"  chirped the interface.

The counselor kicked in "Computer voice override authrorization Alpha, Beta, two three , killed in the line of duty"

This time the computer came back with "access granted Counselor"

The screen lit up and thousands of files scrolled across.  A loud chirp sounded and both men jumped.  The video of Rhys smiling into the camera alarmed them as they gathered their composure."

"So, I'm dead am I? "  Rhys chuckled. "You don't think I'm just gonna let you trip through my files without so much as a hello do you?"  I imagine my death had some purpose-  but wait, why am I telling you this?  I have a surprise- you have activated a holodeck file that can only be played upon my death, and it can only be seen when everyone is assembled  by the captain in charge, so sorry folks, I may be big bold and bald, but I'm only talking when everyone is together.   Peters out!  With that the security chief came close to the camera and shut it off.

Silence filled the room.

Pedro looked at the counselor—"Oh boy, this will be interesting!"  I can't get anything from the rest of his files, it's just all work related.  It doesn't look like he talks much to relatives, it looks like his father is dead and his mother last sent him a message a few weeks ago.  She lives near Starfleet Headquarters in San Fransisco.  There isn't much to work with Counselor!"  He looked nervously as he downloaded the holo program on to an isolinear chip.  Throwing it into the air the chip arched as the counselor grabbed it from it's path.

"Ensign, I suggest your amusement be saved for another time"  he rolled his eyes and looked around the room.  "Whatever is on this chip is the last thing we will ever hear from Mr. Peters."

The crew assembled in holodeck 2.  Ensign Pedro had made a nice looking scene outdoors on Earth in the garden at Starfleet Headquarters.  He even had Buzby's character puttering around working on the flowerbeds.   The crew mingled solemnly until Commander Quinn and Sevryll entered through the arch.  There were seats arranged and the crew sat down as Commander Quinn walked to the front.  Counselor Margon shook his hand and whispered something in his ear.  The Commander smiled and shook his head in disbelief.  "You've got to be kidding- a holo program?" he said quietly.

Margon rolled his eyes again and nervously shook his head yes.

Quinn cleared his throat.  "As you all know it is with great sadness that I stand before you today.  We have lost a close friend and an incredible officer.  But before I go on, apparently he left a last request.  I am supposed to play a holo file.  I just want to warn you that I don't have any idea what's on this.  Computer?  Play Lt. Rhys Peters last farewell. Commanding officer authorization 2929 Zeta."

The computer chirped and the chairs, garden and setting dissolved.  Many of the guest fell to the floor.  Fog rolled onto the ground and it became night with three full moons in the sky.  All around the crew were stone ruins with vines overtaking them.  Rhys Peters stood atop the highest stone wall.  He was smiling.

Peters looked down on the crowd from on top of the wall.  He held a spear in his hand and as he raised it into the air.  "I'm sure I died doing what I loved, defending my captain and crew-  I just want you to all know that Starfleet was my savior.  A lot of us are that way.  If you remember anything about me remember this- it's worth it.  It's all worth it.   It gives us a sense of well being, it gave me a second chance.  Nathan, if you made it out alive, thanks for everything.  You never know what life will throw at you so..

I only have one thing left to say—

"DEFEND YOURSEVES!

With that weapons of every size and shape appeared on the ruins and several shrieking sounds came from the forest around them.  It was one of his fighting simulations.  Quinn grinned from ear to ear.  This is exactly how he thought Rhys would like to be remembered!  He was a warrior and a champion!  Strange and scary creatures with spears, axes and exotic weapons emerged from the forest as the crew grabbed their holo weapons.

The Klingons in the group were the first to jump into battle and even Sevyrll picked up a Bat'leth.  The whole service erupted into a battle of epic proportions.  The crew began slicing, kicking, attacking, defending, and shouting.  Clanks and sword sounds were deafening as the roaring of the creatures filled the air.

The counselor's eyes were huge.. he had never seen anything quite like this.  Quinn was a mad man with the battle ax.  He was jumping and swinging and all the time with this funny smile on his face.  The crazy part was, this was exactly what the crew needed.  They needed to blow off steam, they had lost a brother and a friend, and no one knew the best way to handle it.  Lt. Peters had been a prophet.  He realized that the only way the crew would get over his death was to get their aggression out.  And getting it out they were.  It was almost comical at this point.  The crew was sweating, uniforms were being ripped, all the while they were laughing and teaming up against the holo creatures.  The battle reached a frenzy when all of the sudden Lt. Peters shouted "VICTORY!"

At that the last creature was killed, and the crew stood breathing hard with sweat, blood, and hair going every which way.  At once they all laughed and cheered then burst into applause.

Commander Quinn made his way up to the wall and looked over the crew.  His uniform was torn and he was soaking wet.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

Quinn stood there breathing hard, he turned to the crowd, drinks materialized on tables all round and everyone picked up a glass. "Well ladies and gentlemen I was going to stand here and tell you about my friend Rhys but that holo battle pretty much sums him up perfectly. But he was not only a fighter; he was a good man and a true friend. We all know the risks that come with this uniform and we accept them without question. We are Starfleet and there isn't a nobler calling then exploring the stars, visiting strange and exciting new worlds and meeting new life forms from all over the universe. You never know when this life might end so live each and everyday to it fullest like my friend Lt. Rhys Peters". Quinn raised his glass, "To our fallen comrade Lt. Rhys Peters." Everyone raised their glasses and repeated " To Lt. Rhys Peters ". Quinn took a drink and set down his glass.  He continued, "We are heading back to Earth for repairs, so take a little breather but be prepared. Let us honor Lt. Peters and the namesake of our vessel Captain James Tiberius Kirk, because so many brave men and women have given their lives to boldly go where no one has gone before."

THE END OF SEASON TWO