LOST - Season Three, second half (might contain spoliers)

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 18, 2007, 05:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

well they are going to do is 16 episodes in a row per year... no more 5 here 5 there. I think it's a great idea.

Locutus

Admiral Piett: Impossible! Are calcs proves us otherwise.
" Blalock's 'Shadow Puppets' To Get California Release" <-- Best headline ever on this site.

Geekyfanboy

me too.. it's kind of nice knowing that this series will end and that they will have time to finish telling their story. I hate when series end on a cliffhanger and are never resolved.

Locutus

You and me both, brother. (with a Desmond accent)

So, looking forward to the next episode? All Dharma, All the time! (according to the trailers)

Only 3 more episodes, and I cannot frelling wait! I have a writing class on Wednesday nights, and I hurry home, about 40 miles, to watch Lost! Loving this season!
" Blalock's 'Shadow Puppets' To Get California Release" <-- Best headline ever on this site.

jedijeff

This is great News. I like the Idea of 16 epsiode seasons as well. It gives us Lost for a few more years, it gives the writers a set amount of epsiodes to finish the series. Probably will help as well, as most epsiodes should be meaningful and relate to the ongoing story arc.

JoSpiv

I agree also.

But I still can't believe they didn't work it out so it's 108 episodes.  :)
"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting.  It is not logical, but it is often true." - Spock

markinro

WOWEEE -- what an episode tonight.   :dalek DANGER, DANGER WILL ROBINSON -- spoilers ahead...

I liked the background on Ben and the meeting with "Jacob".   I think Ben feels threatened by Locke - you could tell by the "others" reaction when he cancelled Mikails plan -- also that he heard Jacob.  I don't know about that ending.   At first, I liked Locke but not lately.   I don't know why he goes off on his own like that and now he could die because no one was around to help.    Last episode  -- looks great.

Not sure about this 48 episodes over the next 3 years.  Make me nervous that other shows might do the same thing.  I'm going to be 50 when they get off that island - or not.  Not the 50 part,  the getting off the island part.

JoSpiv

Five Things.

1)Locke cannot be dead.  If he is, I'll cry.

2)The Others apparently don't age, or age very slowly.  Dunno how, or why, but it's very interesting.

3)One theory I have is that the Ben/Jacob situation is a Fight Club/Tyler Durden situation.  The only thing that interferes with this theory is the very quick shot of Jacob.  And in that shot he reeeeaaallllly looks like Locke with a bad wig on.

4)I really wish Jack was evil.  I think it would be better drama.

5)VOLCANO ON THE ISLAND!!?!??!
"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting.  It is not logical, but it is often true." - Spock

jedijeff

Yes, I thought it was a really cool epsiode. I just cant see them Killing Locke off, as he has such a strong Connection to the Island. Not really sure what I make of Jacob either, as really was not expecting that to be honest.
I am not sure what to make of the aging of some of the Others/Hostiles. Was surprised to see Richard in Bens flashback, when Ben was a Boy, and Richard has not aged in the least.
Interesting to see that Ben killed off his father at the end. Felt a little sypathetic for Ben, as he had a terrible father. I liked how bens father was the Skeleton that Hurley found in the old van.

markinro

Wait a minute -- there was a shot of Jacob ????   OMG - I erased it already.  Hopefullly, it will repeat next week.   No - Locke will not die.  If the others don't age -- maybe not having children is the price to pay.   Look at this way -- we have 3 MORE YEARS to get the answer - :(

Quote from: JoSpiv on May 10, 2007, 07:13:48 PM
Five Things.

1)Locke cannot be dead.  If he is, I'll cry.

2)The Others apparently don't age, or age very slowly.  Dunno how, or why, but it's very interesting.

3)One theory I have is that the Ben/Jacob situation is a Fight Club/Tyler Durden situation.  The only thing that interferes with this theory is the very quick shot of Jacob.  And in that shot he reeeeaaallllly looks like Locke with a bad wig on.

4)I really wish Jack was evil.  I think it would be better drama.

5)VOLCANO ON THE ISLAND!!?!??!

Locutus

Someone on the Official Lost boards said they thought the island was Neverland.

The people never age, the outfits they were wearing looked old, the Black Rock was Captain Hook's ship, and drew some other parallels.

Sounds like an interesting theory.

OH, and I think the granules of black whatever Locke picked up were the smoke monster.

Or Jacob is the smoke monster.

Or ... not. Who knows!

Rico

Loved this latest episode.  LOST has really pulled me back in during the last few shows.  Locke is da man!  And of course he won't die.  There is a quick flash of the "Jacob" guy in the chair and it's the same guy that young Ben finds out in the jungle.  The leader of the hostiles.  Who is also the guy that recruited Juliet.  There is a lot more to him than meets the eye.  Show is definitely back on track for me!

Geekyfanboy

Richard is the guy that met with young Ben in the woods.
Richard is also the guy that recruited Juliet.
Richard is also the one that gave Locke Sawyers file.
Richard seems to be Ben's right hand man.
And for some strange reason he hasn't aged in 30 years.   
I think there is more to Richard then meet the eye.
But I don't think it was Richard in the chair "jacob". There are screen grabs of this guy and it looks more like Locke. I'll see if I can find it and post it here.

Geekyfanboy

Here is a screen grab of the mysterious Jacob.

Rico

Hmm, Kenny.  That looks different than what I saw.  I paused it on the screen and everything.  I really thought it was "Hostile" version Richard.  Anyway, interesting stuff.  People do age on the island.  We have seen many examples of that.  Maybe Richard is a clone?  A twin??  The black mist???  Hehe.  It's fun t speculate.