• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

LOST - Season Three, second half (might contain spoliers)

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 18, 2007, 05:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

No One's Safe On Lost

Josh Holloway, who stars as Sawyer on ABC's hit Lost, told SCI FI Wire that he and the rest of the cast constantly live with the knowledge that no one is untouchable on the show. "Oh, of course not," Holloway said in an interview at the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena, Calif. "I feel like in the current atmosphere of TV shows, they're willing to kill a main character without a problem. So that's always a possibility. ... I think the nature of the show and the organic way that they write, and still continue to create, is they're willing to let someone shine. If they shine, they'll write for them. If they don't, they'll move on. It's kind of the reality of what we do."

When the audience last saw Sawyer, he and Kate (played by Evangeline Lilly) had just made love inside the animal cage where he'd been held captive since the beginning of the season. He said that he had always been personally hoping for Kate to choose Sawyer over her other potential love interest, Jack (Matthew Fox), but was never sure that it would turn out in his favor.

"It's great, because neither of us really know where it's going, so we don't know exactly what to fully invest in, which actually plays on camera," Holloway said. "It's nice kind of not knowing. And one minute we're really kind of close and sappy, and the next minute we're like 'Who are you?' It's that thing. But our friendship has deepened quite a bit. We've been working together constantly and having to discuss these things and how we're going to do them and so forth. So it was good. And we're really proud of the way that love scene turned out, because we wanted it to be different. We wanted it to take some time and have some moments in the middle of it. Not just this crazy furious thing. Because it's been such a long time coming."

Holloway said that he missed working with the rest of the cast "very much" in the early part of the season, but hinted that there may be a reunion coming soon. "I'm looking forward to getting back to that," he said. Lost returns on Feb. 7 in a new later timeslot, 10 p.m. ET/PT.

Geekyfanboy

Lost Gets Back To Basics

Daniel Dae Kim, who plays Jin in ABC's hit SF series Lost, told SCI FI Wire that the upcoming second half of the third season will focus on the entire cast, rather than the story of Jack, Kate and Sawyer, which was showcased in the first six episodes of the season. "It's been a season of transition, I think," Kim said in an interview at the Television Critics press tour in Pasadena, Calif., last week. "Because we went from an ensemble show to one that focused on a smaller number of characters. So for a lot of us, it's meant having more free time than we originally thought. But now it's changing again, and we're getting back to the island, and we're finding a rhythm."

Kim is bilingual in real life, but his character is just beginning to learn English, and as his character becomes more fluent in the language, Kim said that he looks forward to interacting more with the other cast members. "It's something that the producers and I have been talking about for a little while," he said. "It just leads to different kinds of interaction with the other characters on the show. I think it would be great to have a change of pace for Jin in that way. ... Part and parcel of speaking English is becoming involved with the main action of the island. Right now, I don't think Jin and Sun are that involved with the mythology of the show. They have a kind of separate subplot that exists independent of what the other characters are doing a lot of the time. And I'm looking forward to seeing how they fit into the big picture."

Another change coming in the latter half of the season is a lighter tone, Kim said. The relationship between Jin and his wife, Sun (Yunjin Kim, who is no relation in real life), will grow even stronger in the next few episodes. "Everyone talks about the island having redemptive qualities," he said. "And I think it was redemptive for their relationship as well. As far as where their relationship goes from here, I'm curious to see myself. I'm sure a baby will change our dynamic. It generally does. ... We've already shot a few things where it's lighter. It's a different kind of feel to a scene with Jin in it. It's a welcome change."

As for the rumor of an impending character death, Kim didn't deny it, but hoped that audiences would be watching the show for reasons other than finding out who will be the next to be killed off. "Our show for some reason has taken on this mystery of who's going to die next," he said "And I'm not sure how that happened or why it's happening. And I'm hoping that it doesn't become the main focus of what the audience is looking for."

Lost returns on Feb. 7 in a new, later timeslot, 10 p.m. ET/PT on Wednesdays.

Geekyfanboy

YAY!!! Lost comes back tomorrow night at 10pm... I can't wait!!!!!

Lost Special Goes Online

ABC is posting the Lost Survivor Guide, a special on the SF show, on ABC.com and Yahoo! TV, starting Feb. 6. Hosted by executive producer and co-creator Damon Lindelof and executive producer Carlton Cuse, the Survivor Guide will bring viewers up to date in anticipation of the show's return on Feb. 7.

The special focuses on the flashbacks of a core of characters, illustrating who they were and what they were doing before the crash, and how the island has changed their lives, for better or worse. The special will also explore the island and may reveal secrets that might have been missed upon first viewing.

In addition to the Lost Survivor Guide, ABC.com has made available all six of the current third season's previously aired episodes on its broadband video player. Lost returns in a new Wednesday 10 p.m. ET/PT timeslot and will air new episodes without reruns and interruptions.

Elizur

Just one more hour until 16 weeks of bliss!

It's been a long hard wait but 16 weeks.....that's really going to be something.

I enjoy the producer's podcasts quite a bit, they are pretty funny. 

Geekyfanboy

Lost is BACK!!!!!! Just finished watching the first of 16 all new episodes and I have to say it didn't disappoint. I liked that we got a flashback of one of the "others". I think they answered some questions, especially about Juliet. I did miss that we didn't get to see any of our regular "Island" folks. But I guess next week will get back to the beach. I'm glad the Kate, Sawyer, Jack and Others story is over.. at least for now. What did everyone think?

moyer777

I'm not a blood and guts guy, so I just about blew chunks when the artery got cut...  :ohmy

The show rocked though.  I love Lost, very fun and oh so mysterious!

:laugh:

I am looking forward to seeing Hurley, Lock, Charlie and the rest...

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Sorry - but this show is still not living up to the early episodes.  I still feel kind of cheated and not satisfied each week.  This last episode was better for me (something actually moved forward) but I find myself concerned that the end of it all will not justify all the setup.  I'm trying to recall another TV show in the history of TV that attempted to prolong a mystery this long.

jedijeff

Overall I was happy with this weeks epsiode. I felt the story started to move along a bit quicker. With the preview for next week, it looks like they might get Jack off the island, and then maybe they can get back to the core group. I also believe they are going to start tying up some story archs, so I am pretty positive that things are going to start picking up. With all the press lately about the many outstanding mysteries, I beleive that Damon, Carlton and the rest of the producers and the writers have gotten the message and are going to start giving answers.

Elizur

My wife and I had a hard time with this episode.  We just didn't like it, but we really wanted to.

A friend of mine told me recently to stop expecting reveals on every episode and just enjoy the drama, and that has helped.  Still, this past one wasn't great.

I don't want to pick it apart, but the Others seem pretty bumbling at this point.  ETC, I really don't want to pick at it.

We are eagerly awaiting the return to the beach. I'm a huge Locke fan, and I like Sayied (sp) also. 

Still watching, and listening to a couple of podcasts.

MrOsterman

I think the problem is that this new format of "reveal the characters as we go along" is starting to lose it's steam with Lost.  Heroes does it to, to a degree, yet we're pretty forgiving there because it's new.

Lost isn't the only show to do this either.  The show Day Break tried it too, though that one failed fantastically, and I sense the same "model" being used in The Dresden Files.

The problem is that there are so many characters, and so much backstory that we're getting lost in all of the general Big Questions we have to follow:

Who are these people that were on the plane?  What makes them interesting characters?

Who are the others?  Why are they there?

What is the Darma Initiative and where did it go?

What is the big black spirit on the island?  Why does this island have healing powers?

The problem is that they add questions faster than they give answers and we're not seeing any resolutions at any meaningful rate.  That's what's going to ultimately kill Lost as a show.

Pretty soon people will stop caring, and just read spoiler sites becuase it's not fun to not know for TOO long.

Mr. O

Yeoman Mara

I was a big fan at first but I am losing interest.  With such a big cast and so many mysteries it's hard to keep coming back every week for just more questions.  I'll probably keep watching to see how it all ends but it isn't as fun as it once was for me.
A redhead with a lightsaber is a dangerous combination!

Geekyfanboy

Here's a video I found on You Tube.. it's a video greeting from Juliet's Sister Rachel and her daughter.. and something else!!!!

[youtube=425,350]SV9jWbAeHYI[/youtube]

Geekyfanboy

Lost Video Backstories Online

Disney-ABC Television Group announced that ABC.com will debut the first installment of 60 backstory videos related to the four main characters of its SF series Lost on Valentine's Day. The videosâ€"featuring the characters of Jack (Matthew Fox), Kate (Evangeline Lilly), Sawyer (Josh Holloway) and Locke (Terry O'Quinn)â€"were created to provide viewers with insight into the lives of the characters.

A new video will go live in chronological order each Wednesday through the end of the season, combining scenes from previously aired episodes.

ABC.com also posts the current season's previously aired episodes on its broadband video player. And as announced last week, ABC.com has also added several new features on its Lost site, including a new video podcast with executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse and a peek at extra content from the series' upcoming season-three DVD release later this year.

Visitors to ABC.com will also find the "Writers' Rotation," which showcases music favored by members of the Lost production team, as well as an updated version of Lost & Found, which highlights not-to-be-missed moments in upcoming episodes.

jedijeff

Tonights epsiode about Desmond I really enjoyed, I really like the direction they are taking with his Character and how he will be tied to Charlie. It was a great idea to use most of the epsiode to deal with his life off of the isalnd and how it forshadowed his life on the island. The second part of this season is really looking good to me, and has renewed my interest in a very big way.

Geekyfanboy

Wow.. this was a totally different kind of Lost episode. We kind of had flashbacks but it was one big one and not here and there. I'm glad we got away from Kate,Jake, Sawyer and the Others storyline. It wasn't a total beach story but we did get to see a few of them. Even before the woman in Desmond flashback talked about the universe finding a way to set things right I thought that Claire was destine to die.. because of the lightning and drowning. But when it was revealed that it was Charlie I was totally taken back.. I didn't have a clue it was Charlie that Desmond was saving. I don't quite know what that was that Desmond did (time travel back or was it all in his head) but it was cool. Can't wait for next week.. we finally get some answers to some of the big questions... I'll believe it when I see it.