• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

LOST - Season Three, second half (might contain spoliers)

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 18, 2007, 05:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moyer777

Did anybody catch that the old lady in the jewelry shop was Data's mom?

That was cool.

Great episode... very cool. 

:bond

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

I knew she looked familiar but couldn't place here.. thanks Rick

Elizur

This episode reminded me of the Lost of old.

The turning of the key happened so long ago, it seems like 2 years ago. 

We really liked this one, seeing the future is portrayed as a curse here.  And I think it could be, depending on how the visions come to you. 

We liked it, it was refreshing, and I always love time stuff. 

MrOsterman

You know, not as impressed here.

It's nice that they got us some more  "background" stuff, but I'm getting bored keeping track of all the story lines, all the questions, all the mysteries, etc etc.

"Next week the three biggest questions will be answered!"

Considering that we're in, what, season 3 and we have a heck of a LOT more questions then just 3, I don't see next week moving the plot much.

Maybe it's that I'm a WoW addict but I didn't see last night as worth it compared to what I could have done in a BG or the questing to keep getting Rorlins (Blackwater Raiders) up to 40 to get his Riding Ram.

Mr. O

Elizur

Looks like Lost has lost quite a few viewers.  My brother recently dropped it saying it's jumped the shark. 

I've been struggling a bit but we'll watch through this season I'm sure.

By LYNN ELBER

LOS ANGELES (AP) - "Lost" crashed in the ratings this week, hitting an all-time low for a new episode. ABC's drama about plane crash survivors stranded on a mysterious island drew an estimated 12.8 million viewers Wednesday, according to preliminary figures from Nielsen Media Research. That's well off the peak of more than 20 million for the drama that became an instant sensation when it debuted in September 2004.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20070215/D8NAELAG1.html

Geekyfanboy

I just read that.. makes me sad to see this happen to such a great show. I know there have been some hit and miss episodes but I still enjoy it every week and can't wait to see where it goes.. but I guess I'm one for the few.

MrOsterman

Quote from: Elizur on February 15, 2007, 06:11:29 PM
Looks like Lost has lost quite a few viewers.  My brother recently dropped it saying it's jumped the shark. 

I've been struggling a bit but we'll watch through this season I'm sure.

IT's about bang for the buck.  Is it something I need to see, or can I get by watching the commercial free download at the end of the week, or just read a news site for a synopsis?

Lost is getting harder and harder to justify watching when I could be donig lots of other stuff.

Mr. O

Geekyfanboy

Just finished watching this "must" see episode that was suppose to answer three big questions that fans have been waiting for... Well the episode was okay.. not great but I really don't know which big questions that they answered. I mean we know the survivors of the plane crash are with the others and they are "watching" whatever that means. We know the others live on the same island as the beach people and only worked on the other island.  I can't really think of anything else big that we found out. The Jack storyline was weak.. all those flashbacks to explain how he got his tattoo. Looks like Jack is going to join the Others as there doctor. I just hope we get back to the beach/original survivors storyline... I'm tired of the others.

jedijeff

I actually really enjoyed this episode last night. I know that they really did not answer all those questions like they hyped, but it left me waiting for next weeks episode. On The official Lost Podcast, Carlton and Damon said that the promotions had kind of hyped the answered questions, and they were kind of setting the expectations for the episode as less thenm 3 answered. I guess maybe the questions about the two Children and the Airline Attendant were the answers, but all that really answered was that they were still alive, and I think we all pretty well assumed that.
I kind of liked Jacks backstory tonight with the Tattoo, and wished they had spent more time on Bai Ling's characters special gift. I thought the idea that she see's who people really are was interesting, and then marks them with the tattoo, and would have hoped it may have been a bit more in line with what they were doing with Desmond. For me they could have cut out all the Kate and Sawyer scenes from last night, as I did not really get much out of those. I will admit, that Bai Ling in revealing clothes might have kept me interested in that story arc. ;)
I agree with you Kenny, I am tired of the others, and hoping to get back to the beach and the mysteries of the Island.

Rico

I also enjoyed this most recent episode more than the other ones since LOST returned.  I liked the Jack back story on the tattoos.  And Juliet is becoming more likable.  Or is it all one big setup?  It's really weird though how the last few episodes have narrowed the focus to just a few characters at a time.  I really think this show has one more year - tops.  But I'll keep watching for now.

Geekyfanboy

Just got done watching tonights Lost. It was a fun episode, loved the whole Hurley/Charlie/Jin/Sawyer and the Van story. This episode didn't really progress the story to much but it was an enjoyable break from all the drama we have had the past few episodes. Next weeks previews look good but it looks like they are going away from the beach again and now we get to follow Kate, Locke, Sayid and Danielle rescue Jack.

moyer777

I just got done watching it too Kenny, and I liked it.  It was fun, and it was funny to see Cheech.  Hurley is such a great character. 

Dharma Beer, now that was funny.  It reminds me of the big Generic craze back in the 80s.  Remember that?  White labels with black writing on them? 

It was fun when the music cranked up after the van was started.  Very fun!

Next week looks good.  I like the sci fi element back into it.

Maybe we can get some more answers instead of being Lost.  :)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

jedijeff

I liked this episode as well, it was fun, and a chance to see Hurley and Jin, which we havent seen much of as of late. I like how the Hurley episodes are lighter, but still fit in with the rest of the episodes. Sawyer and all the bear was funny as well, and then teaching Jin things about women ;). Looking forward to next week as well, more plot advancement.

Geekyfanboy

Wow.. got a really good Jericho and now Lost.. this has been a really good night for network TV. Lost tonight was really good.. at least I thought so. I really liked the Claire backstory even though the surprise wasn't really a surprise to me. And of course the ending with Jack... WOW. And next week we get to see how Locke got into his wheelchair.

Rico

Liked this week's episode too.  The show is starting to improve again.  I do think all these connections will be revealed eventually.  Next week - more on Locke!  Woot!