• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Other Podcasts We Listen Too

Started by Trekkygeek, January 23, 2007, 11:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wraith1701

Sorry about resurrecting an ancient thread, but I figured it was better than cluttering up the board with a new one covering the same topic.

First of all, let me say that I honestly believe that Rico's 'cast is the best sci-fi podcast around!  Not only does he manage to put it out on a regular basis (an unfortunately rare occurrence in the podcasting world), he gives us a podcast that is  very slickly produced.  Rico always manages to include new content  while also successfully putting a new shine on all of the shows and films that we know and love.  Each time he reviews a show, I feel like the show is once again new to me; I often find myself trying to track down the episode or movie in question to watch again!  Thank you Rico, for all that you do! :metallica:

With that being said, I was wondering what other podcasts y'all are listening to right now.  I just found a Buffy Podcast called the Watcher Cast which seems O.K. so far.  The producers do a spoiler-rific review of the series on an episode by episode basis.  I might give it a few more listens to see if it grows on me.

Anyone have any other suggestions on 'casts we can listen to while waiting for the latest TreksinSciFi?

Jen

Yeah, I know personally how difficult it is to get a podcast out. Angela and I probably get one up once every two- four months...though our schedule was intended to be monthly.

I've been enjoying Gaming Steve as of late. He's been gone for a year, but he's back now. If you like games, his is the absolute, hands down BEST video game podcast. Very knowledgeable and professional with many interviews and inside information on every platform.

Escape Pod is always good. It's chopped full of short, original Sci-fi fiction read by great narrators.
I also like to ease drop on other RPGs... One very popular Star Trek RPG has it's own podcast. I like listening for ideas and I get quite a bit of information regarding how to manage RPGs. Check it out when you get a chance, its called Starbase Phoenix.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

billybob476

Extarlife Radio and the other Extralife podcasts are a ton of fun. ELR is how I first heard about Rico and Treks in Sci Fi.

www.myextralife.com

Geekyfanboy

If you like Firefly/Serenity there is The Signal or Firefly Talk.. both great podcasts. Harry Potter has Pottercast (they just landed an interview with JK Rowling herself, which was fantastic). Farscape has the Scapecast. Heroes has 10th Wonders... it really depends on what you like.

wraith1701

Quote from: billybob476 on December 18, 2007, 12:22:35 PM
Extarlife Radio and the other Extralife podcasts are a ton of fun. ELR is how I first heard about Rico and Treks in Sci Fi.

www.myextralife.com

Thanks for the link, man.  The comic is pretty funny; I'll give the podcast a try now. :thumbsup

Quote from: Jen
Yeah, I know personally how difficult it is to get a podcast out. Angela and I probably get one up once every two- four months...though our schedule was intended to be monthly.

I've been enjoying Gaming Steve as of late. He's been gone for a year, but he's back now. If you like games, his is the absolute, hands down BEST video game podcast. Very knowledgeable and professional with many interviews and inside information on every platform.

Escape Pod is always good. It's chopped full of short, original Sci-fi fiction read by great narrators.
I also like to ease drop on other RPGs... One very popular Star Trek RPG has it's own podcast. I like listening for ideas and I get quite a bit of information regarding how to manage RPGs. Check it out when you get a chance, its called Starbase Phoenix.

Thanks for the suggestions!
You put out a podcast?  If you don't mind, could I get a link or URL to check it out?

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5If you like Firefly/Serenity there is The Signal or Firefly Talk.. both great podcasts. Harry Potter has Pottercast (they just landed an interview with JK Rowling herself, which was fantastic). Farscape has the Scapecast. Heroes has 10th Wonders... it really depends on what you like.

I've checked out the Scapecast and the Signal; I didn't know that they were still podcasting.  I'll have to revisit them. :)

What else are y'all listening to?

billybob476

Of course if you're into tech and such there is always the old standby of the TWIT network (www.twit.tv). Tons of great podcasts with some big names in tech journalism.

Jen

Yeah it's a geek girl podcast. The first one totally bites...but most first episodes do. My favorite is the last one we did 9-28-07. I recommend that one. We added a hidden track at the end...had alot of fun with it. You can find them by either following the little globe icon under my avatar that links to our site or you can simply go to http://www.anomalypodcast.com

Quote from: wraith1701 on December 18, 2007, 12:42:12 PM
Quote from: billybob476 on December 18, 2007, 12:22:35 PM

www.myextralife.com

Thanks for the link, man.  The comic is pretty funny; I'll give the podcast a try now. :thumbsup

Quote from: Jen

Thanks for the suggestions!
You put out a podcast?  If you don't mind, could I get a link or URL to check it out?

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5If you like Firefly/Serenity there is The Signal or Firefly Talk.. both great podcasts. Harry Potter has Pottercast (they just landed an interview with JK Rowling herself, which was fantastic). Farscape has the Scapecast. Heroes has 10th Wonders... it really depends on what you like.

I've checked out the Scapecast and the Signal; I didn't know that they were still podcasting.  I'll have to revisit them. :)

What else are y'all listening to?
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

wraith1701

Cool.  Thanks! 

By the way, have any of you checked out FastKarateForTheGentleman?  It can get a little rough at times; definitely not a work-friendly podcast.  But if you can stomach PG-13/R humor and language, and have a passing familiarity with Anime and Video games, it is worth checking out. 

Anyone have any other sci-fi related podcast suggestions?

wraith1701

Quote from: spidey27 on December 18, 2007, 01:38:50 PM
Sci Fi Surplus is a new one I just added :spidey
http://scifisurplus.com/

Cool!  Thanks, spidey27.

Quote from: Jen re. anomaly podcastMy favorite is the last one we did 9-28-07. I recommend that one.

Awesome show Jen; you and Angela have a great rapport!  I'm gonna have to check out your BSG review at some point.

Trekkygeek

Check out Geeknights for all things Geeky. Anime, Video games and Tech. Great podcast and the guys certainly know their stuff
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

KingIsaacLinksr

I listen to Make-it-So podcast.  The one where we had a semi-informal-short-war with them.  There is a thread about that here somewhere.  Thanks to you guys though I started listening to them.  ;) 
I also listen to the Instance, WOWChron, Taverncast (which has changed formats), and Wowaddonspodcast for World of Warcraft. 
I listen to CLF Grays Harbor, Attic of My Mind, and Treksf podcast ;) ;) ;) thanks to the forums. 
For Star Wars I listen to Force-Cast and Imperial Holonet Radio
Geeks-on just for kicks.
And Extra-Life Radio and Pottercast.

Think I have no life now?  lol lol lol

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

KingIsaacLinksr

And for those curious, I'm now thinking of adding the ones that I did not list and you guys mentioned.

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Vartok

:jemhadar

Check out www.darkerprojects.com which has a whole bunch of excellently produced podcast audio series that are works of fiction, including a Star Trek the Lost Frontier.  Fantastic quality and all can be played on the web site or downloaded from itunes.

Vartok

billybob476

If you're into Star Wars collectibles at all, Star Wars Action News is a ton of fun. I don't collect much myself but I find Arnie, Marjorie and the rest of the contributors to the show hilarious!

If you like MMO gaming then the Wife Aggro podcast is a great general MMO news show. They get interviews with devs of upcoming MMOs more often then not.