Main Menu

Other Podcasts We Listen Too

Started by Trekkygeek, January 23, 2007, 11:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichardMEL

I listen to the following podcasts:

* Treks in Sci-Fi
* ExtraLife
* Slice of Sci-Fi (regular & voicemail shows)
* The Babylon Podcast
* Lipstick Aliens
* Purina Animal Advice*
* Cat Lovers Podcast*
* GeeksOn

And, during the Australian Rules Football Season:

* Mondayitis (afl.com.au podcast)
* The footyheads podcast
* The podcast network AFL podcast

*=Appear on a very irregular basis

jedijeff

I listen to the Following Podcasts
#1 - Treks in SciFi

and the rest

Star Wars Action News + the bookcasts as well
The Force Cast - Regular and Microcasts
SideShow Toys Podcast
Master Replicas Propaganda Podcast
Battlestar Galactica Podcast - Ronald D Moore
Galatica Watercooler
The Official Lost Podcast (Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse)
Lostcasts
Entertainment Earth Podcast (seems very irregular)
DLTV (Tech Show, but I have fallen behind lately on listening)
FormulaPod (Podcast about Formula 1, as I like autoracing)

There are a few other that I listen to but not regularily, will check out some that the rest have mentioned on their lists

Jen

Quote from: jedijeff on January 27, 2007, 08:29:22 AM
I listen to the Following Podcasts
#1 - Treks in SciFi

and the rest

Star Wars Action News + the bookcasts as well
The Force Cast - Regular and Microcasts
SideShow Toys Podcast
Master Replicas Propaganda Podcast

Hi Jedijeff...sounds like we listen to some of the same Star Wars podcasts. Have you tried Vadercast yet? They started out really wonky but their sound quality is much better and they're getting more organized. They've  mentioned on the show that right now, there's one listener in Arizona and myself who care to interact with their show. They sure could use some more listeners. Anyone wanting to try them...just give their latest show a listen.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

jedijeff

I have the Vader Cast in my podcast feed, but for some reason they will not play on my iPod. I thought that maybe one epsiode was corrupt, but all the ones I downloaded were the same thing. I thought it was the bug with the iPods a while back with podcasts, and changed the settings, but still didnt help. I will investigate it a little bit more to see if I can figure out why it happens. I might need to try downloading directly from their site possibly and then copying onto my ipod. From reading the descriptions on their shows, sounds really good.

Trekkygeek

These are the Podcasts on my ipod:
Treks in Sci-Fi
Extralife - My favourite along with Ricos
Geekson - Love this one, thanks to Jen
Retronauts - A podcast for all you old video console fans
Astronomy Cast - Astronomy is another love of mine
Gaming Steve - Not listened to yet, but recommended by Jen
Make it so - A British Star Trek Podcast
Movies You Should See - A podcast on recommended movies by the above people
Or do you think its just bo****ks - A rant podcast from one of the chaps above
Mysterious Universe - A podcast about all things weird, alien and cryptozoology
Science at Nasa - another Astronomy podcast
Star Trek The section 31 files - Soon to finish
Strange Days Indeed - Another one of my favourites. A Podcast on UFO sightings
T.W.I.T. - Just catching up on this. Pretty good but very tech heavy
Whats Up In Astronomy - Yet another Astronomy podcast

My taste is fairly eclectic and these podcasts keep me company while I am driving in my van all day, and to think it all started with Treks in Sci-Fi. ;)
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Jen

Quote from: trekkygeek on January 28, 2007, 03:45:46 AM
These are the Podcasts on my ipod:
Geekson - Love this one, thanks to Jen
Gaming Steve - Not listened to yet, but recommended by Jen above

Your welcome. We're planning to have a segment on our own podcast where we recommend and maybe interview other podcasts. I always like trying new shows and it helps to find out from people with similar interests which ones are good...there are so many that are one show wonders. Hopefully we won't be one of those. :lol2
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jobydrone

My list of regulars, all are available through ITunes except RetroGaming Radio.

1up Yours (videogame chatter)
Retronauts (classic videogame topics)
Chatterbox Videogame Radio (more videogame chatter)
DS Dual Screen Radio (Shane R. Monroe's podcast all about the Nintendo DS)
DS Life (another DS podcast...might be deleting this one soon as I dont really likeit)
Ebert and Roeper (audio feed of the weekly TV show but it hasnt updated since December)
Extralife Radio
Gaming Steve (great videogame cast but hasnt had a show for a long time)
Geeks On (recommended here orginally, love it)
IGN Games Podcasts
Legendary Thread (new WoW podcast by the folks at 1up)
NPR:  Movies (weekly cast replaying NPR stories about the movies)
RetroGaming Radio (another Shane R. Monroe videogaming podcast...one of my favorites)
Star Trek Section 31
The 1up Show (GREAT video game videocast with the best theme song ever)
The Instance (best WoW podcast I've heard, by the XLR folks)
The Weekly Murloc (WoW podcast)
Treks In SciFi
World of Warcast (WoW podcasT)
WoW Chronicles (WoW podcast, one of the few cast I listen to with a female host...we need you Jen)
WoWcast
XBox Live's Major Nelson Radio (all about Xbox 360, the hosts voice really gets on my nerves tho)
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

comix

I also listen while I drive - I consider myself lucky because I drive every day all day long - lots of time for listening.
Treks in Sci-Fi
Mysterious Universe
Astronomy Cast
Strange Days Indeed - one of my favorites! not enough updates
Destructomundo - the end of the world through the eyes of three geeky guys.
Geek survival guide - sort of the same thing as Destructomundo but very high class and very funny.
OverClocked - very iffy output but he was the first podcast that I ever listened to - so... he talks tech and philosophy LOL
SciFi Dig - Aaron is one of the best
2Irish geeks and a TV - These guys cheer me up - they are so funny but they both have Irish accents and some people that I have recommended them too have a hard time understanding them. They talk about gaming, movies, TV and just about anything Sci Fi.
Jack Mangans Deadpan - (author of Spherical Tomi)
and Podiobooks that catch my ear?
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)

MrOsterman

Say anyone recommend a good "Heroes" podcast?

Mr.O

Geekyfanboy

There are two that I listen to that are pretty good. The 10th Wonders and The 9th

Trekkygeek

Quote from: comix on January 28, 2007, 08:25:49 PM
Strange Days Indeed - one of my favorites! not enough updates
Hey Comix, seems we have pretty similar tastes. Strange days indeed is also one of my favourites but he hasn't put any podcasts out since show 420 but he is still broadcasting. Do you have any news mate?
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

comix

The shows are on the website but they never seem to make it to the iTunes podcast directory. Awhile back he said that they were having trouble with the feed but I never have time to sit at the computer and listen so I don't know what is going on - I really miss it. http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/sdi/program/
He is on the that network. ;-D We do like the same sort of podcasts!
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)

MrOsterman

Quote from: Jen on January 28, 2007, 09:16:12 AM
We're planning to have a segment on our own podcast where we recommend and maybe interview other podcasts.

You know this got me thinking, and this is not intended as a shamless plug, but there are few of us who do podcasts on divergent topics or that know people who do, but still manage regular updates.

So what if we had a "Network" type website?  Something that would provide regular streaming audio of our shows, as well as links back to our pages for direct subscription.  You go to the page and the "scheduled" podcast would be playing in the browser, with the ability to easily link it up for download to the ole' iPod, and of course the links to similar 'casts out there.

Just thinking out loud here as I am NOT a webnerd and really stopped trying to be when you didn't need to use NotePad to do a website anymore....

Mr. O

Rico

Mr. O, there are a few places out there doing that type of podcast network group right now.  I think most folks just search for things in iTunes or Podcast Alley.  Oh, I listened to your first Warcraft podcast too.  Good job!  Feel free to plug your show here anytime.  You might want to create a nice little banner signature/link for it.  I find those help a lot.

Captain BJ Wanlund

I am ASHAMED that no one mentioned Being James Bond. :bond

I am really enjoying this, if you like James Bond, you are really going to enjoy this podcast.  Basically, the guy (Head of Section) covers basically any topics that cover actually living the Bond lifestyle.  He also reviewed the recent Ultimate Collection DVDs.

Hey, any of you UK blokes, is the Ultimate Editions over in GBR any better than the USA versions??

BJ
Love Star Trek TOS & TNG (never really got into DS9, Voyager, or Enterprise).  Also love Star Wars (everything save for the prequels...), and Indiana Jones, and ElfQuest, basically anything remotely SF or fantasy is my bag, tho I tend more towards SF than I do fantasy.