• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Under The Dome

Started by moyer777, June 25, 2013, 05:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moyer777

Amy and I watched UNDER THE DOME last night and were pleasantly surprised!

Looking forward to the mystery unfolding.  Did anyone else catch it?  What did you think?

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Recorded, but need to watch it still.

Bryancd

Yeah, we just watched it and I liked it a lot!

Dangelus

Really enjoyed it. An interesting mystery and a nice bunch of interesting and diverse characters.

ChrisMC

It's very good....that cow part was nasty! I never read the book, but I'm a big Stephen King fan.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Bromptonboy

I will have to catch this.  Can't help but think of the Simpsons movie - with the dome over Springfield (which must have been inspired by this idea).
Pete

Praxis

Oh nice, wasn't aware this started already. I'll have to watch it. Big SK fan. The book was one of his lighter numbers--just loads of page turning fun with tons of characters.

MARKO

Its pretty good.... they filmed it here where i live and i got to say hi to Mr King last winter.
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Jobydrone

I enjoyed it a lot. Seems to be following the book closely but I hear some departures are forthcoming. I also read that they're considering making this an ongoing series if ratings are good, so I'm hoping the ending is conclusive just in case. We wouldnt want another Golden Years or Kingdom Hospital
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

fatfather_2005

i have the book, haven't read it yet, but i hope CBS will reshow it, i missed the first show.
cool marko, so you live in or near willington(my spelling sucks, lol)
In the Absense of Light, the Darkness Prevails.

MARKO

The Screen gems studio is in Wilmington which is 2o miles from me but they do most Movies and TV shows here In South Port and Oak Island. There is always a movie or TV show being filmed here lots of people i know are full time extra's , last year they filmed the entire movie safe haven here and also at the same time a bunch of scenes for Iron Man 3 fun to see the stars hanging out locally.
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Praxis

We finally watched it, loved it. Great cast so far.
SK+BKV is a good team :)

Praxis

Hmm, saw the 2nd episode and was a little disappointed, but I can't quite articulate why. Perhaps just felt like nothing happened, no escalation of tension, and the characters didn't become more compelling. Hopefully it'll pick up a bit.

Rico

I've watched both episodes so far.  Interesting premise.  Characters are certainly not all good people.  Seems to be more of a character study than about the dome itself.  Oh, Amazon already has a gift set for preorder for this season with a collectible of the town under the dome.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DIHYW0G/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1MY8839RP5QSEXRJTBYT&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

Jobydrone

I am hoping that the episodic nature of this series helps with the major problem I have with most Stephen King adaptations.  With very few exceptions, the characters in SK film/TV adaptations lack the richness and development they get in his novels.  I think what most people love about his books is that his characters are so relatable, and rich, and when freaky things start to happen to them we feel it that much more because we care about the people.  I don't know if it's poor casting, bad acting, bad scripts, or a combination of it all and more, but the characters in film adaptations like the Stand, It, Pet Sematary...you name it really, all seem paper thin and one dimentional, which makes the creepy stuff seem less real or meaningful.  For me the exceptions are Carrie, the Shining (the film not the terrible TV mini series), and Christine...great acting made the difference in these in my opinion.  I am hoping with ten or twelve episodes, Under the Dome has a chance to really make you care about some of these people.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx