Under The Dome

Started by moyer777, June 25, 2013, 05:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MARKO

They were filming here  on Tuesday and Wednesday i didn't see it but next time i'll take pics and video if i can. Also Steven Spielberg & Tom Hanks were down last week scouting locations.... wonder what they are up too?

Marko
"Amat Victoria Curam"

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Praxis

Quote from: Jobydrone on July 05, 2013, 12:26:59 PM
I am hoping that the episodic nature of this series helps with the major problem I have with most Stephen King adaptations.  With very few exceptions, the characters in SK film/TV adaptations lack the richness and development they get in his novels.  I think what most people love about his books is that his characters are so relatable, and rich, and when freaky things start to happen to them we feel it that much more because we care about the people.  I don't know if it's poor casting, bad acting, bad scripts, or a combination of it all and more, but the characters in film adaptations like the Stand, It, Pet Sematary...you name it really, all seem paper thin and one dimentional, which makes the creepy stuff seem less real or meaningful.  For me the exceptions are Carrie, the Shining (the film not the terrible TV mini series), and Christine...great acting made the difference in these in my opinion.  I am hoping with ten or twelve episodes, Under the Dome has a chance to really make you care about some of these people.
word

Praxis

Gosh. I really wanted to like this show, but 3 episodes in, it kinda blows. Or is it just me?

moyer777

I think it's interesting so far... not enough for me to tell if I'm going dig it or not.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Praxis

Quote from: moyer777 on July 12, 2013, 04:35:19 PM
I think it's interesting so far... not enough for me to tell if I'm going dig it or not.
I'll continue to give it a chance....or two... :)

Jobydrone

I haven't watched episode three yet so I'm still early...the whole storyline with the kidnapping is really dumb and unbelievable, totally different than the book.  This appears to be suffering from the SK curse but I'm gonna keep watching, it's summer after all, not much else on. This wasn't one of my favorite King books to begin with and so far the show is not as good as the book.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

ChrisMC

Quote from: Praxis on July 12, 2013, 04:07:13 PM
Gosh. I really wanted to like this show, but 3 episodes in, it kinda blows. Or is it just me?
I will say I'm not as entranced as I thought I'd be. I think it's interesting enough to hang on for a bit. There may be 2 likable characters in the whole show, the cop (I forget her name) and the smart kid. That's a bit of a problem for me.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Praxis

Quote from: ChrisMC on July 13, 2013, 06:21:52 AM
Quote from: Praxis on July 12, 2013, 04:07:13 PM
I will say I'm not as entranced as I thought I'd be. I think it's interesting enough to hang on for a bit. There may be 2 likable characters in the whole show, the cop (I forget her name) and the smart kid. That's a bit of a problem for me.
Hmm yes true. That is bugging me. Even Barbie isn't likable yet.
Also BKV needs to stop making the teenagers say "spaz" every other sentence. It is ... strange.

MARKO

I had to run a few things over to the post office to be shipped yesterday .... well no go as they were filming there uggggh, what a hassle..... if they are filming today I'll get some video and pics to post.
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Bryancd

Yeah, I thought the last episode was really weak right until the end, then it got really good. Nice save, I was about to throw in the towel.

Rico

My towel has been tossed in on this one.

ChrisMC

I'm sticking with it, my extreme Stephen King fandom is propelling me on this one.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Rico

I was having trouble with most of the characters.  And the concept didn't grab me very much.  I think I can see where things are going.

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on July 27, 2013, 03:21:20 PM
I was having trouble with most of the characters.  And the concept didn't grab me very much.  I think I can see where things are going.

Actually, from the little I know of the novel, it's going to an interesting place but it might be a bit of a slog to get there. But man, there were moments of such utter crap in the last episode, so heavy handed, predictable, and just dumb, that I was ready to delete it from the DVR.