• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Under The Dome

Started by moyer777, June 25, 2013, 05:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jobydrone

Parts of it are interesting.  I liked the kid sitting up and shushing the camera during his seizure, pretty creepy.  I'm over the shot of the half cow, they can stop showing it now.  As I said I'll keep watching since not much else is on currently.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bryancd

Jesus, in one episode they go from everyone hanging out in the diner eating and wasting food to become psychotic rioters. This show is now profoundly stupid.

X

I still haven't seen this series. I saw the premise when it was an episode of Haven and it just hasn't interested me. I might give it a chance when the season is done.

Jobydrone

Quote from: Bryancd on July 30, 2013, 07:23:44 PM
Jesus, in one episode they go from everyone hanging out in the diner eating and wasting food to become psychotic rioters. This show is now profoundly stupid.
lol Bryan. Yeah pretty much agree but unfortunately the source material is pretty dumb as well. Not much to work with, makes you wonder why, with all the SK material out there to choose from, they decided on this book to adapt?  I'll keep watching to the bitter end anyway.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bryancd

Quote from: Jobydrone on July 31, 2013, 12:42:59 PM
Quote from: Bryancd on July 30, 2013, 07:23:44 PM
lol Bryan. Yeah pretty much agree but unfortunately the source material is pretty dumb as well. Not much to work with, makes you wonder why, with all the SK material out there to choose from, they decided on this book to adapt?  I'll keep watching to the bitter end anyway.

Oh, I am so annoyed at this point I have no choice but to continue down the rabbit hole! And this turd has been renewed for a second season, I'm screwed!

Jobydrone

AAAAnnnddd...renewed.

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/television/CBS-Under-the-Dome-returns-next-summer.html

"Under the Dome" will return next summer and Stephen King himself will decide how that works.

CBS CEO Les Moonves kicked off the network's first day at the Television Critics Association's summer meetings with the announcement that the hit show, about a mysterious, invisible dome cutting off a small Maine town, had been renewed for another 13-episode arc and that  King, who wrote the book on which the series is based, will write the first episode.

Bryancd

The show is simply littered with so much false tension!

Dangelus

Yeah.  It's not great is it? put off watching it for 3 weeks and watched the last 3 episodes back to back. I'm not sure where they're going with it but it's taking a long time to get there. Unreliastic characters don't help.  The riot and looting, murdering over in a flash...  It's a shame because I thought it was intriguing to start with.

ChrisMC

Yeah. My wife and I were laughing pretty hard at this latest one. They go from being calm when they think they are going to get blown up to murdering each other because the water tower breaks, then hug each other when it rains.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Praxis

Missed the last couple weeks, so I think we're pretty much done with it. :( poo disappointing

moyer777

The diabetic story line was not researched at all.  CRAZY

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

ChrisMC

Quote from: moyer777 on August 01, 2013, 11:22:58 AM
The diabetic story line was not researched at all.  CRAZY
I KNOW! One of those bottles should last quite a while. Silly.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Geekyfanboy

I have all six episodes still on my DVR... but I've been hearing such bad things about it.. and you guys don't seem to like it any better.. may just delete it all.