• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

SW: Ep II & III - 3D in 2013

Started by Rico, August 26, 2012, 04:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Ok, yeah I'm going....

Lucasfilm announced today that Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith will be released theatrically in 3D back-to-back on September 20, 2013 and October 11, 2013, respectively.

"Attack of the Clones" will be going up against Ron Howard's Rush with Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl, while Paul Greengrass's Captain Phillips starring Tom Hanks is scheduled on the same date as "Revenge of the Sith."

"Attack of the Clones" will also be battling for 3D screens against The Little Mermaid 3D, opening a week earlier, and "Revenge of the Sith" will be in a similar situation with Sin City: A Dame to Kill For presumably opening in 3D theaters a week before.

Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace was released in 3D on February 10. Re-released by Fox, the 3D version earned $43.5 million domestically and $59.3 million internationally for a worldwide total of $102.7 million.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=94065

Bryancd

Hell yes. Saw this today as well. The coverage from CVI has really been good on SW.com. Like the Chris Hardwick spots and interviews.

Meds

Good turn out of money so you can't blame them for going for a full release. Good business sense. As I don't really care for these films I won't be going but those who enjoy them well fair play have fun.

Now Howard the Duck in 3D..... Urghhh

Rico

20th Century Fox bumped up the release date a bit for Ep. II now.

20th Century Fox is following this year's 3D re-release of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace with 3D versions of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith in 2013. The former will arrive on September 20 and the latter on October 4.

Attack of the Clones will be going up against Ron Howard's Rush with Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl while Revenge of the Sith will face off against the Vince Vaughn comedy The Delivery Man, Relativity Media's thriller Paranoia and the Robert Rodriguez comic book sequel Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.

Attack of the Clones will also be battling for 3D screens against The Little Mermaid 3D, opening a week earlier.

Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace was released in 3D on February 10. Re-released by Fox, the 3D version earned $43.5 million domestically and $59.3 million internationally for a worldwide total of $102.7 million.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97291

Jobydrone

Quote from: Rico on November 21, 2012, 08:46:10 AM
Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace was released in 3D on February 10. Re-released by Fox, the 3D version earned $43.5 million domestically and $59.3 million internationally for a worldwide total of $102.7 million.[/b]

Wow did not know this generated so much money worldwide.  Pretty impressive.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

X

Quote from: Jobydrone on November 21, 2012, 10:26:56 AM
Quote from: Rico on November 21, 2012, 08:46:10 AM
Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace was released in 3D on February 10. Re-released by Fox, the 3D version earned $43.5 million domestically and $59.3 million internationally for a worldwide total of $102.7 million.[/b]

Wow did not know this generated so much money worldwide.  Pretty impressive.
These days, that's not really a lot.

Meds

And as i said before just because it makes a lot of money does not mean its a good film. ;)

Feathers

Regardless of anyone's opinion of the film, my son will make sure we're both there :)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Bryancd

well, to be fair, for a rerelease it's pretty sporty business, certainly profitable after the cost on conversion and will be a great lead in for Ep. VII.

Bryancd

Quote from: Feathers on November 21, 2012, 02:23:05 PM
Regardless of anyone's opinion of the film, my son will make sure we're both there :)

And that my friends is all that matters. :)

ChrisMC

Funnily enough, Star Wars wasn't made for 40 year old guys in 1977. It was made for kids. And so were the prequels. My kids love 'em. That's fine. It's theirs. I had my childhood, still unraped.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Bryancd

Quote from: Chris-El on November 21, 2012, 02:47:15 PM
Funnily enough, Star Wars wasn't made for 40 year old guys in 1977. It was made for kids. And so were the prequels. My kids love 'em. That's fine. It's theirs. I had my childhood, still unraped.

Indeed, but it provides wonderful fodder for snarky arm chair quarter backing from 40 year old guys on the internet who fancy themselves filmmakers!

Meds

My daughter loves a new hope, she couldn't stand Phantom so I stand by my comment. Oh and I'm 39 so I will take your comment as not aimed at me. ;)

Geekyfanboy

Lucky for me I don't give a sh*t what people say or think about these films.. I love each and everyone of them for different reasons from Episode 1 to Episode 6 and nothing you say, do or chastise me for will change that. :)

Geekyfanboy

BTW.. the above Statement was just that a statement.. not aimed towards anyone here.. it's just my general rule.