• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

"Star Trek Continues" - fan series

Started by Rico, August 07, 2012, 03:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisMC

Chris Doohan, he was the transporter chief in STID and he plays Scotty in this.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Bryancd

Quote from: ChrisMC on May 26, 2013, 02:32:56 PM
Chris Doohan, he was the transporter chief in STID and he plays Scotty in this.

Oh, that's right, I forgot he was in the movie!

ChrisMC

I spotted him twice this time, and my wife even remarked that he looked like James Doohan.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Rico

Very enjoyable episode.  Fun to see Michael Forest back as Apollo.  Nice story, some pretty good acting for the most part too.  I just can never get enough of seeing those TOS sets!  Oh, did you guys realize that was Larry Nemecek who I interviewed awhile back playing McCoy.  All in all, it's great to have another TOS fan series to follow.

P.S.  I'll merge this with the thread I started awhile back on this fan series.

Bryancd

Thanks Rico, I knew there was a thread but couldn't find it. Nd I recall your interview with Larry nd I saw Apollo and much of the cast of continues at the Phoenix Comic-con yesterday!

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on May 26, 2013, 09:20:56 PM
Thanks Rico, I knew there was a thread but couldn't find it. Nd I recall your interview with Larry nd I saw Apollo and much of the cast of continues at the Phoenix Comic-con yesterday!

Didn't know you went to the con.  Where are your pics??  :)

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on May 27, 2013, 05:45:37 AM
Quote from: Bryancd on May 26, 2013, 09:20:56 PM

Didn't know you went to the con.  Where are your pics??  :)

I shared them on the FB page!

davekill

Marina Sirtis was the voice of the computer, cool!  :)

After Apollo's appearance [spoiler]]on the planet as a messenger of peace, I half expected the one-year-later scene would reveal - as Uhura once said 'a culture of son worshipers.[/spoiler

Dangelus

I loved this. Everything was spot on, like watching classic TOS. I look forward to more! :-)

Ktrek

My wife and I both enjoyed this episode and thought it was great!

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Bryancd

Yeah, for the first time we seem to have pretty much a unanimous positive response to a fan film here on the forums! It certainly wasn't perfect, Vic as Kirk is great but his voice is just pitched too high, our friend Ed as Bones is a little choppy, the Sulu guy is trying to do too much George, and Chekov's accent is intermittent, but the pacing, cut scene's, camera angles all just scream TOS.

X

Quote from: Bryancd on May 29, 2013, 04:30:52 PM
Yeah, for the first time we seem to have pretty much a unanimous positive response to a fan film here on the forums! It certainly wasn't perfect, Vic as Kirk is great but his voice is just pitched too high, our friend Ed as Bones is a little choppy, the Sulu guy is trying to do too much George, and Chekov's accent is intermittent, but the pacing, cut scene's, camera angles all just scream TOS.
Yeah, the guy trying to do Sulu is Grant Imahara from myth busters and the designer of Craig Ferguson's robot, but I agree with you that he was trying too hard to be Takei instead of being Sulu if that makes sense. Over all, I think I liked this one the best out of all the many other fan shows.

M-5

Grant could definitely tone down his Sulu a little bit.

Dangelus

You know I hardly noticed these little problems because I thought it was really well acted and the story was very compelling. If this is how good they are in their "Pilot" episode imagine how good it will be with a few shows under their belt.

Rico

Funny, behind the scenes pic from the shoot.