• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Lost Season Six - The Final Season

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 06, 2010, 02:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuadShot

STUDFARM,
I disagree a bit.  I think the sideflashes were integral to the direction the show ended in.  I think the statement the sideflashes makes to us is how important the Losties were to each other. They meant so much to each other that they all created this universe to wait for all to die, so they could move on to the next "adventure" together. I do agree that those stories were slower and less exciting, but I think that was the point.  I think that the writers made the conscience choice to present that arc differently, so that the fans, at least on some level, would realize this was not the typical story line.  Something was up.  In fact, in the season 6 opener, when we saw Jack on the plane and it flew through the turbulance without crashing, we're led to believe that this IS the beginning of the series again.  This is what would have happened had the plane not crashed.  BUT...things looked different.  Jack's hair was longer.  Charlies was extremely short. Subtle differences that were clues that this isn't what it appears. 
There are few series that I buy on DVD, Highlander, Magnum, PI (don't laugh), and Lost is absolutely included.  My wife and I have purchased the first 5 seasons, and in August will pick up season 6.  You catch so many more things by rewatching episodes.  Plus, they are including 20 more minutes in the finale that answer a couple more questions!

ori-STUDFARM

I think it'll remain a difference of opinion. I didn't enjoy the sideways story at all and spent all the time wondering how it would influence the other reality. As we saw, it didn't. I don't think we needed the sideways to see what they meant to each other. I got more about how they all felt about each other from the main storyline than the puzzling sideways. I still think it was made a main part of the series just to try and soften what would have been an emotional and brutal final scene and all I can think about now is how much more of the main story we could have had.

Don't get me wrong, I loved it. And I may on reflection go on to change my mind....just not yet. I'll be sticking with my listening of the Rethinking Lost Podcast in a hope to further my enjoyment of a show that which has now ended. Hopefully, I'll come around to appreciating the sideways world. Maybe a rewatching with knowledge of what I'm seeing will help.

QuadShot

Quote from: ori-STUDFARM on May 27, 2010, 02:08:08 PM
I think it'll remain a difference of opinion. I didn't enjoy the sideways story at all and spent all the time wondering how it would influence the other reality. As we saw, it didn't. I don't think we needed the sideways to see what they meant to each other. I got more about how they all felt about each other from the main storyline than the puzzling sideways. I still think it was made a main part of the series just to try and soften what would have been an emotional and brutal final scene and all I can think about now is how much more of the main story we could have had.

Don't get me wrong, I loved it. And I may on reflection go on to change my mind....just not yet. I'll be sticking with my listening of the Rethinking Lost Podcast in a hope to further my enjoyment of a show that which has now ended. Hopefully, I'll come around to appreciating the sideways world. Maybe a rewatching with knowledge of what I'm seeing will help.
Fair enough! :) And I think that maybe you're at least a little right on the softening of the demise blow.  As it was, it was pretty emotional at the end when Jack asked Hugo to be the new protector, then Jacked died...I just truly enjoyed the show, and believe me, it didn't start that way for me.  When Lost started, I thought, what a lame story.  I didn't realize it was what it was, I just thought it was a survival story, kind of like a dramatic Gilligan's Island.  Oh well, thanks for chat Studfarm...take care, Al

sheldor

For me, they all died when the plane crashed.  Everything from that point forward is suspect to disbelief.   I'm guessing that ben, desmond and penny were also on the plane - we just never saw them.   I thought shortly after the pilot the producers said they were not dead.  Up to the last 3 minutes, it was a great series.

QuadShot

Sheldor, I thought that at one time too, but I really don't think so. But, the great thing about that show is that it is all up to our interpretation.  In my opinion, there is no real right or wrong way.  And yep, it was a great series...Al

Rico

KingIsaacLinksr

LOL yes, that would have made it awesome. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Bromptonboy

Pete

Geekyfanboy

Lost fans, "The End" has come and gone.  But the show must go on...in your living room.  Today ABC released the details concerning the DVD & Blu-Ray release of Lost: The Complete Collection.  Here's what you need to know.  The ultimate fan package includes:

• Every Episode in the Series (Seasons 1 through 6)

• Over 30hrs of Season 1-6 Bonus materials (previously released materials from Season 1-5 and the all-new Season 6 bonus material)

• A unique series of featurettes that takes viewers on very personal tours of Oahu where the series was created, with key cast and crew as they reflect.

• Exploring the global phenomenon that is Lost, bonus showcases events ranging from the series cast and crew at San Diego's famed Comic-Con convention to international voice recordings, local events and even fan parties, all of which helped make the show into a worldwide favorite.

• A closer look at some of the props with cast, writers and producers, exploring their significance, stories and emotional ties to the characters.

• Humorous yet emotional look at every character who died on the series

• 16 hilarious Lost "Slapdowns" featurettes showcasing celebrity Lost fans who confront Executive Producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse to ask press questions about the final season, including the Muppets and cast members Nestor Carbonell, Michael Emerson, Rebecca Mader and more.

The packaging and its contents include: "a Special Edition collectible 'Senet' Game as seen in Season Six, a custom LOST island replica, an exclusive episode guide, a collectible Ankh, and a black light penlight."  Though the list prices for the DVD and Blu-Ray collections are $229.99 and $279.99, respectively, you can pre-order them at Amazon for $148.99 and $194.99.  Don't wait and miss out on the reduced pricing.

ABC also divulged information about the release of Lost: The Complete Sixth and Final Season DVD & Blu-Ray box sets.  These will include: every sixth season episode; bloopers and deleted scenes; audio commentaries; and the following featurettes- "The End: Crafting a Final Season", "A Heroes Journey", "See You In Another Life, Brotha", and "LOST On Location."  Finally there's the Lost Blu-Ray & DVD exclusive that's described as: "Go deeper into the world of LOST with a much-anticipated new chapter of the island's story from Executive Producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse."  This is likely the Hurley-Ben epilogue Michael Emerson hinted at during his interview on G4's Attack of the Show.  It will be a 15-20 minute clip that reveals the life of Hurley as the new Jacob and Ben as his #2.  (Note: All Lost: The Complete Sixth and Final Season extras are included in The Complete Collection package.)  Though the list prices for the DVD and Blu-Ray box sets are $59.99 and $79.99, respectively, you can pre-order them at Amazon for $38.99 and $51.99.  Don't wait and miss out on the reduced pricing.Both Lost: The Complete Collection and Lost: The Complete Sixth and Final Season DVD & Blu-Ray sets will be made available online and in stores on August 24.  Look after the break for the full press release and more details.

Jobydrone

Now that's pretty amazing to me, season six alone for 50 bucks, or the entire series for 100 bucks more.  The preorder price is pretty tempting for the complete series, but I am sticking to my statement that I don't see myself ever rewatching this series.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bromptonboy

Could be worth it for the Hurley - Ben storyline!
Pete

Rico

Yep - this is the ending for me!  :)

sheldor

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on May 30, 2010, 06:18:52 PM

Lost fans, "The End" has come and gone.  But the show must go on...in your living room.  Today ABC released the details concerning the DVD & Blu-Ray release of Lost: The Complete Collection.  Here's what you need to know.  The ultimate fan package includes:

• Every Episode in the Series (Seasons 1 through 6)

• Over 30hrs of Season 1-6 Bonus materials (previously released materials from Season 1-5 and the all-new Season 6 bonus material)

• A unique series of featurettes that takes viewers on very personal tours of Oahu where the series was created, with key cast and crew as they reflect.

• Exploring the global phenomenon that is Lost, bonus showcases events ranging from the series cast and crew at San Diego's famed Comic-Con convention to international voice recordings, local events and even fan parties, all of which helped make the show into a worldwide favorite.

• A closer look at some of the props with cast, writers and producers, exploring their significance, stories and emotional ties to the characters.

• Humorous yet emotional look at every character who died on the series

• 16 hilarious Lost "Slapdowns" featurettes showcasing celebrity Lost fans who confront Executive Producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse to ask press questions about the final season, including the Muppets and cast members Nestor Carbonell, Michael Emerson, Rebecca Mader and more.

The packaging and its contents include: "a Special Edition collectible 'Senet' Game as seen in Season Six, a custom LOST island replica, an exclusive episode guide, a collectible Ankh, and a black light penlight."  Though the list prices for the DVD and Blu-Ray collections are $229.99 and $279.99, respectively, you can pre-order them at Amazon for $148.99 and $194.99.  Don't wait and miss out on the reduced pricing.

ABC also divulged information about the release of Lost: The Complete Sixth and Final Season DVD & Blu-Ray box sets.  These will include: every sixth season episode; bloopers and deleted scenes; audio commentaries; and the following featurettes- "The End: Crafting a Final Season", "A Heroes Journey", "See You In Another Life, Brotha", and "LOST On Location."  Finally there's the Lost Blu-Ray & DVD exclusive that's described as: "Go deeper into the world of LOST with a much-anticipated new chapter of the island's story from Executive Producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse."  This is likely the Hurley-Ben epilogue Michael Emerson hinted at during his interview on G4's Attack of the Show.  It will be a 15-20 minute clip that reveals the life of Hurley as the new Jacob and Ben as his #2.  (Note: All Lost: The Complete Sixth and Final Season extras are included in The Complete Collection package.)  Though the list prices for the DVD and Blu-Ray box sets are $59.99 and $79.99, respectively, you can pre-order them at Amazon for $38.99 and $51.99.  Don't wait and miss out on the reduced pricing.Both Lost: The Complete Collection and Lost: The Complete Sixth and Final Season DVD & Blu-Ray sets will be made available online and in stores on August 24.  Look after the break for the full press release and more details.

Does it take six years to play the game?