• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Lost Season Six - The Final Season

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 06, 2010, 02:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Figured I would start a thread as it comes out next month.. here's a picture they just released.

Bromptonboy

Wow, almost like the BSG Last Supper pic.  I wonder if there are clues embedded?
Pete

Rico

Starts tomorrow night.  This is an awesome preview of things to come this season.  May be slightly spoilerish, but I think it's just enough to whet your appetite.

LOST Season 6 HD Promo NEW FOOTAGE 01-31-10

Bromptonboy

Can't wait!  My wife and I were late comers to this - we watched all the seasons 1 -5 this year via Netflix & Hulu - so we are current.  Time to dig out some Dharma Initiative snacks for the big night.
Pete

Bromptonboy

Hey, I just noticed - no Desmond in the Lost photo!  He is one of my favorites.  Pity.
Pete

sheldor

Yup, I'll be watching - 5 years of my life invested.  It would be a shame not to follow through.

sheldor

Quote from: Rico on February 01, 2010, 04:06:53 PM
Starts tomorrow night.  This is an awesome preview of things to come this season.  May be slightly spoilerish, but I think it's just enough to whet your appetite.

LOST Season 6 HD Promo NEW FOOTAGE 01-31-10

Hmmm..the voice at 0:28 sounds like the Oracle's protector in Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions

Rico

So one hour recap tonight, then 2 hours of new "Lost."  Cool!

Rico

Wow!  Great first two hours back last night.  Some wild stuff.  They seem to be gearing up to pull out all the stops.  I frankly have no idea what is really going on anymore.  But a few guesses below (spoilers inside):

[spoiler]The only thing that is making sense for me now is alternate or parallel realities.  I can't quite see how everything can fit together in one reality.  Unless it's all someone's dream or something unreal like that.  Since Juliet said the bomb did work, maybe that splintered things and created a universe where the plane never crashed on the island?  It was fun to see Boone again.  As far as Locke now as Smokey?  Hmm,....[/spoiler]

sheldor

[spoiler]Why is Sayid so important?  Yeah, parallel realities - like the Parallels TNG episode.  What happened to "bruh-ther" on the plane?  Maybe smokey could only exist in that form until the opportunity with Locke?   Maybe Jacob is now Sayid?  Maybe Doc Brown will show up the DeLorean?  Who knows!![/spoiler]

How many episodes are left?

Rico

Yeah - who knows.  They have a full season (less 2 episodes) to go to answer things.  One other thing bugged me a little...

[spoiler]Why wasn't Shannon on the plane with Boone?  He said she didn't want to go with him.  That's not how it happened before.  Is this just because they couldn't get the actress back?  Or is this another example of it being an alternate reality?  Ok, my head hurts now.[/spoiler]

moyer777

wow, that was a crazy ride.

[spoiler]I liked it, but started kind of getting fed up about stuff.  I mean, I thought there was some cool reasons behind stuff, but now it's kind of like a bad drug trip in the writers room.  It's all so interwoven and some of it is like.. ? what?  I'll keep watching, but if I drank, I would have a couple of beers before watching. That would make it easier.

:)

[/spoiler]

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

I pretty much agree with you Rick.  It's gotten pretty far out there.  But I still somehow find it compelling to watch.  And I really like the characters and cast.

Bryancd

Quote from: moyer777 on February 03, 2010, 09:39:12 AM
I'll keep watching, but if I drank, I would have a couple of beers before watching. That would make it easier.

:)

Remember, it's never too late to start, Rick... ;)

sheldor

I have to think this will end with the "it never happened" conclusion.  I remember JJ saying from almost the start about a "sensible explanation" for everything.   Let's see - we have..

Time travel
Alternate realities
and Shape shifters

Maybe he was working on Lost and Star Trek scripts at the same time, spilled some coffee and the rest is history :D

The only reason I'm watching is because I HAVE TO KNOW how this all ends.