• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

It's Official...

Started by Poodyglitz, April 15, 2010, 08:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poodyglitz

Just saw Brent Spiner's tweet on Twitter:

BrentSpiner RT @nickshearon it pains me to say it, star trek nemisis was worse than master of disguise--even the enlightened must eat crow occasionally

...and I had to walk away from "Master Of Disguise".

Darkmolerman

That movie was fine...when I was 8. I should watch Nemesis on how bad it is
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Poodyglitz

Quote from: Darkmolerman on April 15, 2010, 09:42:09 PM
That movie was fine...when I was 8. I should watch Nemesis on how bad it is

Yeah, I would have thought that film magical at 8 — along with the old "Horizons" ride at EPCOT ("If we can dream it, then we can do it, yes we can, yes we can"...).

Epcot Horizons Tribute HD part 1 of 3

Darkmolerman

I wonder how much I annoyed my parents during the years watching films that were bad
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Geekyfanboy

Brent Spiner didn't tweet this.. he Re-Tweeted this from someone who didn't like Nemesis.

Rico

Ahh Twitter,...  the "authority" on everything these days.  ;)

billybob476

Meh, I thought it was a fine movie. No Wrath of Khan but a fun ride.

X

And from what I was told, that's not Brent Spiner

X

I know that Twitter says that the account has been verified, but I think they are idiots. Sure it links to his website, but there is one thing they missed.

Why does Brent need Photoshop? And a poorly done one at that?

Look at his profile image, notice how the clear martini doesn't properly reflect the light?

then look at this: http://mutantreviewers.com/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/brent-spiner.jpg

Someone is good at faking

Rico

Yes - I have also heard that isn't really Brent.

alanp

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on April 15, 2010, 10:31:42 PM
Brent Spiner didn't tweet this.. he Re-Tweeted this from someone who didn't like Nemesis.

Yeah but he had to have found the original tweet amusing and reveled that he wasn't in love with the movie.   He wouldn't have retweeted it had he been proud of the film.

Bryancd

It's official, all right.......Twitter is retarded. :)

Jobydrone

I don't think Brent would ever say that.  He was intimately involved with the script and production of that film.  I'd wager he felt the criticism levied at Nemesis was unjustified.  As do I.  I loved it.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on April 16, 2010, 11:28:54 AM
I don't think Brent would ever say that.  He was intimately involved with the script and production of that film.  I'd wager he felt the criticism levied at Nemesis was unjustified.  As do I.  I loved it.

I agree with you Joby.. I think Brent RT as a joke.. or a OMG.. look what someone said about Nemesis.

And just to clarify that is really Brent Spiner's twitter account. I had asked Wil when we were filming The Guild.. at the time he said Brent and Lavar were real.

KingIsaacLinksr

The ONLY way to know if its official is if the website that it links to links back to the Twitter account.  Anything else is pure hearsay. 

Its also why I don't follow any "pro" actors on Twitter.  Its just a little too....hard to check.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr